4th Time Lucky?

Day 33

34lbs down

Stupidly, I'm planning another "off day" as I'll be away. How stupid does everybody think this is??? Despite 2 cheat days in the past week, I've still lost 9lbs in that time. Im exercising & drinking water like crazy. If I'm willing to put up with the whole "1st 3 days of hell" again, are there any other reasons that I'm an idiot to be cheating?!

SO impressed with all you lovely folk who are just sticking with it!

From past experience, having days off was the start of a slippery slope for me. The odd days off became more freuent, until I eventually gave it up altogether. Also the switching your body backwards and forwards from using carbs for fuel to using your fat stores to fuel, surely can't be too good for you!

Day 41

37lbs down

Pretty conflicted about my lipotrim journey so far.
I haven't cheated in the way I did last time, which was nibbling little bits most days ...a bite of chicken here, a bit of cheese there, a single chocolate drop "just for the taste"! BUT, in the 41 days since I started, I've already had 5 planned "off" days. I absolutely KNOW that this isn't the right way to go about it, and that even though I've already lost 2 stone 9, it COULD be more if those "off" days hadn't happened!!!

The main plus (other than the 37lb loss) is that I'm being really good about exercising, so I assume that is helping too - I just don't know if it's worth me carrying on when I'm doing it wrong!

Stressful!

Figured out today that in the 5 weeks since I started Lipotrim I've gone from a BMI of 37.8 to a BMI of 32.2.
Really made me feel a bit better!
Would love to see it under 30 ...don't think it's been there for about 7&1/2 years!
Obviously a BMI of 25 would be ideal but, not feeling too secure in my ability to stick with it that long.
Keep taking it one day at a time - doesn't help that the kids are still on 1/2 term tho, eating constantly!

Dear Laurajackson,

I just read your message and wanted to say I hear you, I did lipotrim last year for a bit lost 2 stones, then it was up and down put almost all the weight back on, even now it's been up and down. It's such a hard diet, I am desperate to look good for a wedding of a cosuns in July, but I am battling mate. It's been Rocky and would love to lose weight and then perhaps plan another child. I am probably at my worst point with weight, today I am really trying, but feel I've been snappy. I've an eye condition that triggers mad eye migraines and head so it's not helping.

Asiana

Still really not going about this diet in the way that I should, but the weight continues to come off ...tho obviously slower than it would have if I didn't keep planning off days!!

Week 1 - 14 & 1/4 1bs down

Week 2 - 5 & 3/4 lbs down

Week 3 - 6 & 1/4 lbs down

Week 4 - 1 & 1/2 lbs down (2 off days!!)

Week 5 - 1/2 lb UP (3 days off!!!!!!!)

Week 6 - 8 & 1/2 lbs down (off day!)

Week 7 - 4 & 1/4 lbs down (off day!)

So, I know I'm messing up!

Still aiming to keep going til July 15th. TRYING not to plan more days off but, as I'm struggling with incentive, I find that focusing on a day when I will be able to eat helps me to NOT cheat every single day!

SO hard!

Hi Laura

I've just restarted after several years. Last time I did 28 weeks 100%. My thoughts and motivation, helped by other folks on the forum at the time, was the more you faff about, the longer it takes and you never know when that one morsel can trigger the point of no return. You know yourself best. Some people have the discipline but most don't. Remember why you started this and try and find a calm place within yourself. An anchor point to return to in those moments when the urge is overwhelming. I remember having what I called 'hungry days' when it was a struggle. Those days do pass and it makes you stronger to resist the next.

Keep going.

Best

K xxx

Hi K,

Thanks for support. I have done lipotrim successfully twice before. I absolutely stuck to it 100%, not a single cheat no matter how tempted I was. But, both of those times I was doing it because I wanted another baby, and that totally worked as an incentive for me ....there was nothing I wanted to eat, more than I wanted a baby. This time I just don't have anything driving me like that ...so I keep telling myself things like "if I lose 5lbs by Sunday, I can eat for a day".
I haven't slipped at all without planning it, which I realise sounds even more ridiculous! But I do feel that I'd probably have given up weeks ago if I wasn't allowing myself the cheat days so, perhaps that would be worse.

Hope you're doing well with it X

Hi Laura

Ah I see xx
Ultimately you do what is working for you. Overall you're losing weight and that's the point - it's just going to take longer doing it this way. Using food as an incentive is a little tricky. Have you thought of bringing in more structure and have 2 shakes and a small meal every day, so you can reward yourself that way? I'm really impressed with your ability to stick to the planned days :)

Best

K xxx

Laura, you really shouldn't be beating yourself up ... Your weight loss is the average LT says for each month, at the end of the day we all have lives and commitments which lead to days you have to eat to not look like a totally odd ball. I think if these off days for a genuine reason they aren't the end of the world life has to go on .. And you have proven you can get back on track which is the important bit! :0clapper:

I'm going to try for 7 weeks and in that time i can see two definite dates I will have to go out to a meal but I'll just have to work around and try eat smart when it happens and not beat myself up over it!

Hello, I've just been reading your post!

We all go round on swings and roundabouts and we have to do what works for us individually, as long as your happy with ur losses do it your way and at least the cheat day is planned and not a big binge that you can't pull back from, keep up the great work xx

Hi laurajackson,
I hope your okay been off lipotrim a few weeks and piled almost all my weight back on still got that wedding and look worser than I started. Tempted to come back on to get in to that dam outfit. Really need a push right now.
Look and feel not so great.
Asiana

Back