4 days.Do i enjoy my new menus too much?induction

pd7707

i started on monday, but with a few mistakes, so i count today as my 4 th day. i really enjoy all food from the recommended list. I mentioned already that my diet for last 15 years was mainly law fat, lean meat, fruits, etc, very careful selection of healthy food with a lot of alcohol:( i used to drink exessively and didn`t really feel hungry most time. when i didn`t drink i would be very careful what food i ate. it`s madness, i know. i stop drinking completely couple of years ago and lost about 10 kg in just 3 month. i kept eating my regular meals , healthy choices as usual, but due to the huge cut of carbs from alcohol i lost a lot of weight.
gradually i start introducing new treat in my diet as a reward that i was sober but slim as well. and than i start binging oddly on cakes and whatever junk food i wouldn`t eat normally.
so the result from the last year is that the weight i lost after i quit drinking is back now because of my occasional uncontroled eating.
i tried the cabbage soup after new year and again lost 3 kg then put them back the moment i went back to any normal food. my weakness is everything sweet and all kind of cheese.
during the last 4 days i really enjoy all this calculation, creating menus, eating thing that i usually wouldn`t touch like pork chops, egg yolks, cheese on top of chicken fillet / today only i added some cheese/. i cope with the sugar cravings by adding sweeter in my black decaf / didn`t have black coffee for ages. tastes great/.
to not get messed up with the carbs i keep my green leafy salads up to 3 cups daily,incl handfull of shredded parsley or spring onion. i use olive oil for my salads and usually grill or bake my meat.

is it possible to put weight because i didn`t introduce all these new meals to my diet gradually? i read about the fat and how it burns fat, and was used to fight epilepsy and bla-bla.
pls someone to advice-how much fat and kkals are too much?
the other thing is that i barely drank water before. now i am drink at least 2 l daily. is it something that could slow down my fat burn?
how often is best to use the scale and measure. i never really thought about it till i saw here u have weigh-in day?
so far i check both scales and measures at least 3 times daily, actually everytime i go in the kitchen, the scales are there,next to the fridge.
i got ketostix today and it was light pink, but i am sure something is going on. i felt funny , even got my hands shaking about 3 pm. something is going on for christ sake, and i have no clue if it is good or bad. i hope i will not put weight .
and i love the diet, i want to try all the delicious recepes u posted and could stay on induction forever.
thank u. i am getting addicted to this forum. you are just amazing. thanks and good luck .

pd7707 said:
i started on monday, but with a few mistakes, so i count today as my 4 th day. i really enjoy all food from the recommended list. I mentioned already that my diet for last 15 years was mainly law fat, lean meat, fruits, etc, very careful selection of healthy food with a lot of alcohol:( i used to drink exessively and didn`t really feel hungry most time. when i didn`t drink i would be very careful what food i ate. it`s madness, i know. i stop drinking completely couple of years ago and lost about 10 kg in just 3 month. i kept eating my regular meals , healthy choices as usual, but due to the huge cut of carbs from alcohol i lost a lot of weight.
gradually i start introducing new treat in my diet as a reward that i was sober but slim as well. and than i start binging oddly on cakes and whatever junk food i wouldn`t eat normally.
so the result from the last year is that the weight i lost after i quit drinking is back now because of my occasional uncontroled eating.
i tried the cabbage soup after new year and again lost 3 kg then put them back the moment i went back to any normal food. my weakness is everything sweet and all kind of cheese.
during the last 4 days i really enjoy all this calculation, creating menus, eating thing that i usually wouldn`t touch like pork chops, egg yolks, cheese on top of chicken fillet / today only i added some cheese/. i cope with the sugar cravings by adding sweeter in my black decaf / didn`t have black coffee for ages. tastes great/.
to not get messed up with the carbs i keep my green leafy salads up to 3 cups daily,incl handfull of shredded parsley or spring onion. i use olive oil for my salads and usually grill or bake my meat.

is it possible to put weight because i didn`t introduce all these new meals to my diet gradually? i read about the fat and how it burns fat, and was used to fight epilepsy and bla-bla.
pls someone to advice-how much fat and kkals are too much?
the other thing is that i barely drank water before. now i am drink at least 2 l daily. is it something that could slow down my fat burn?
how often is best to use the scale and measure. i never really thought about it till i saw here u have weigh-in day?
so far i check both scales and measures at least 3 times daily, actually everytime i go in the kitchen, the scales are there,next to the fridge.
i got ketostix today and it was light pink, but i am sure something is going on. i felt funny , even got my hands shaking about 3 pm. something is going on for christ sake, and i have no clue if it is good or bad. i hope i will not put weight .
and i love the diet, i want to try all the delicious recepes u posted and could stay on induction forever.
thank u. i am getting addicted to this forum. you are just amazing. thanks and good luck .

1) it's very unlikely you'd gain weight by switching directly to atkins eating. If you mixed Atkins eating with low fat eating you quite probably would gain weight as many low fat foods are high carb. So you did the right thing.

2) there isn't really such a thing as 'too much fat' - Atkins even has very extreme diets for people who can't get into ketosis normally which involve eating 90 percent of your daily calories from fat. On induction he recommends about 60-70 percent of your daily calorie intake cones from fat. Don't worry about restricting or counting it, just make sure you have some fat, like oil or butter or the fat on meat like chicken skin, with every meal.

3. Calories don't usually need to be counted either as most people on this type of diet naturally restrict themselves as protein and fat are dense, satiating foods and dint cause cravings. If you're eating 3 meals a day with up to2 snacks, you'll be on track.

4. Don't weigh daily if you can help it. Your body is in a constant state of flux due to the water levels within it - we are 70 percent water - and weight can naturally fluctuate by up to a few pounds a day. The best way to accurately measure a loss is to weigh once a week at the same time of day after the same routine - Thursday morning after you've been to the loo but before you've eaten, as an example.

5. Feeling shaky might be a result if adapting to ketosis, but have a little something to eat when you feel like that, just in case.

6. I think I have mentioned this before, but coming from a BMI as low as yours, even if you do have body fat to lose, because I know BMI doesn't always take body type into account - just try not to expect giant losses, certainly not regularly. Most people on here with BMI 25 or under do really well to lose about 2lbs a week, which percentage wise is actually a big loss for them. So try not to compare yourself around.

6. No, drinking water will not slow down your weight loss. You need to be drinking at least 2l to flush the ketones through your body and give your kidneys a hand processing protein.

Thanks a lot Rosebug.
To be honest first i just wanted to lose weight, fat actually,quickly so i could get into a dress. Now i am so relaxed. it is the discipline what i needed may be. and i do enjoy the regime so much. probably i wouldn`t without this wonderful forum. i`ve never been able to refuse a buscuit without hesitating. Now i know that if i eat it , all the fat i ate woill get stored as bosy fat as the sweet will give the energy my brain needs to function. i am not so worried about the weight as i am about the measures. so far so good. i lost 3 cm from my waist. it is the most problematic area . so now my waist is 65cm, which is not bad. my hips are just 85, so i looked terrible with waist 70.
i feel good. still have terrible taste in my mouth and sometimes even feel weak and that i could faint. then i usually get a meatball / i have them in a container in my office and even in my bag when i will out for a long time/
so thanks a lot. i am really confident and won`t give up yet.
i will try to not use the scales so often.
thanks

Keep it up - you're doing great! Focsuing on the measurements is a great way to feel good :)

Rose has pretty much answered this one :)

Hi darling. If you have a lower BMI, it might be toning that you need to do aswell as losing a few pounds. Exersize is great to get your flabby bits looking more lean, Zumba is great for that or just walking fast.

Back