4 stone gain since xmas!!!!!!!!

karen.garraway

I am at my lowest point ever!! At xmas i had lost 2 and half stone through cambridge but my 2 day break over xmas has lasted till now. I started slimming world in the new year but kept yo yoing between that and the cambridge as i had got sucked into the massive weekly loss than i could achieve on cambridge. Stupidly this has messed with my mind and i have just been eating ridiculously. Me and hubby really want another baby as our son is 3. I never wanted such a big gap and i feel i have put food first.
I have made a determined effort and joined sw again today - only to find i am 3 stone 12 heavier than xmas. That is discusting. I am trying to extend the time to goal but in my head i want it yesterday. I know sw works as when i met my husband 12 years ago i was 8 stone lighter.
I am so down over this and am hoping this site will encourage me x

Well good luck hun.

Your focus should be getting your body ready for your next child.

That is my focus too, as i am hoping to start trying for my first in a couple of months and am really worried that my weight will not let me concieve!

I lost 2 stone on cambridge a few years ago and put it back on and more when i met my fella! the weekly weight losses were great, but i felt crap and all drained. I then went and lost 3 stone last year doing RC. losing the weight slowly was fantastic and i have only put on 7 pounds since last august (hols and xmas!) and i believe thats cos i lost it slowly and taught myself that i can eat and still lose weight.

If you are in the right mindset to lose weight, you will lose weight. take each week as it comes then in a few weeks look back and you will be lighter and you will start feeling good again!
x

I am at my lowest point ever!! At xmas i had lost 2 and half stone through cambridge but my 2 day break over xmas has lasted till now. I started slimming world in the new year but kept yo yoing between that and the cambridge as i had got sucked into the massive weekly loss than i could achieve on cambridge. Stupidly this has messed with my mind and i have just been eating ridiculously. Me and hubby really want another baby as our son is 3. I never wanted such a big gap and i feel i have put food first.
I have made a determined effort and joined sw again today - only to find i am 3 stone 12 heavier than xmas. That is discusting. I am trying to extend the time to goal but in my head i want it yesterday. I know sw works as when i met my husband 12 years ago i was 8 stone lighter.
I am so down over this and am hoping this site will encourage me x

hey - sorry to hear you're feelin so low... try not to dwell on the past or what might have been....it's not....and you are where you are....that probably sounds corny but am just tryin to say that you should draw a line under what has happened between Xmas and now - tomorrow is a fresh start and the first day towards the new slimmer YOU :D:D

go for it hun - keep that picture in your mind of you when you felt happy with yourself....and go for that goal - just think...if you even lose 7lbs each month, you could be nearly 4stone lighter by Christmas !!!

Good luck - I look forward to reading bout your successes !!!!

Debz xx

Last edited:
Hey sweetie. Sounds like your having a bit of a rough time, and it sounds to me like you just need some motivation and support and you'l be well on your way. You already know how slimming world works and what to expect. I think if you get yourself prepared and motivated you'l have that weight off before you know it, and will keep it off... and you have everyone on here to turn to for advise and help whenever you may need it. Take a deep breath, write it off.. and make a fresh start. x

Sorry you're feeling so down :(

You've taken the step of joining SW so take into account this will be the heaviest you will be.

Good luck with the plan :)

Thank you xx, i notice you are the same weight i was when i got pregnant with benjamin. If i can be honest, i didnt have trouble falling pregnant but the 9 months was hard. Don't get me wrong i loved being pregnant but because of my weight i had to see a consultant as well as a midwife, had to have continuous gloucose tests and then finally i was diagosised with gestestional diabetes. I then had to test my blood 5 times a day and inject once. Ladies who have this tend to have big babies and i was monitored all the time. I had to be induced 2 weeks early as my baby was 9 lbs 8oz. We were kept in a private room as we both had to be tested for diabetes - thankfully we were ok. I know that every lady is different and this may not happen to you, but you are very sensible to get as much weight off now as possible.
I hope i havent gone on too much :) x

Thank you xx, i notice you are the same weight i was when i got pregnant with benjamin. If i can be honest, i didnt have trouble falling pregnant but the 9 months was hard. Don't get me wrong i loved being pregnant but because of my weight i had to see a consultant as well as a midwife, had to have continuous gloucose tests and then finally i was diagosised with gestestional diabetes. I then had to test my blood 5 times a day and inject once. Ladies who have this tend to have big babies and i was monitored all the time. I had to be induced 2 weeks early as my baby was 9 lbs 8oz. We were kept in a private room as we both had to be tested for diabetes - thankfully we were ok. I know that every lady is different and this may not happen to you, but you are very sensible to get as much weight off now as possible.
I hope i havent gone on too much :) x

eek!!! really!! i really hope i dont have trouble carrying! that is one of my worries too! i really want to enjoy pregnancy as i am not sure if we will have another one after this as my partner all ready has 2!

We are hoping to try in July so i dont have long to shift some weight! and i have only really now got back into the mindset.... bit delayed now i know!!

Wow! Thank you everyone for your quick replies! (My reply just now was for Gonabslim)
Its great to talk to people in the same boat, why is nice food so addictive and fattening!!!

eek!!! really!! i really hope i dont have trouble carrying! that is one of my worries too! i really want to enjoy pregnancy as i am not sure if we will have another one after this as my partner all ready has 2!

We are hoping to try in July so i dont have long to shift some weight! and i have only really now got back into the mindset.... bit delayed now i know!!
I think with slimming world you can still do it whilst pregnant, so maybe july is still a good time to start but keep on the diet through the 9 months x

Haha, doesnt have to be fattening.. eat the good stuff and you'l be fine. . . i swear by slimmingworld .. its my life saver- quite literally.

I think you'l do fab. Keep us updated. Best of luck sweetums x

Hi, I was over 18st when I concieved my little boy, I got pregnant within a couple of weeks of trying and I lost weight while pregnant, never put on a pound. I was 17st 3lb after I had him (shame I didnt keep it off, lol). I never had a problem all the way through. But I do wish I had been slim, it would of been easier physically e.g walking when your about to drop or putting on your socks, lol. So if you do get pregnant soon it doesnt mean to say your in for a hard pregnancy tho just because your heavy. But it would be better for you and the baby if you were in the best shape you could be. You obviously really want a baby so focus on that. Whenever you feel like giving up just remember you are preparing your body for carrying a little one and by doing this you are going to help yourself have the best pregnancy you can :)

You've already done the right thing by joining SW. Lets look at the positives! You will be eating healthily, so not only will you be doing yourself good, when you do get pregnant (and you will!) you will be providing your baby with the best nourishment while he/she is developing! This plan is approved by the college of Midwives, so no worries there. We had a lady who was pregnant whilst attending and she weighed in a week after she had the most beautiful little girl!Then she lost the rest of her weight and I see her in town occasionally lovely and slim! This will be you! Your class will watch over you, and it'll see you down to goal, plus you have us! We're here to help you too, how can you lose?

Me and hubby really want another baby as our son is 3. I never wanted such a big gap and i feel i have put food first

Please don't feel that way. You've taken a huge positive step by addressing your weight and going to class. Feel positive about yourself - you've taken charge of yourself.

SW is great - healthy and filling - so I have no doubt you'll do well before and during any pregnancy. Good luck with both!

xx

Hi, I was over 18st when I concieved my little boy, I got pregnant within a couple of weeks of trying and I lost weight while pregnant, never put on a pound. I was 17st 3lb after I had him (shame I didnt keep it off, lol). I never had a problem all the way through. But I do wish I had been slim, it would of been easier physically e.g walking when your about to drop or putting on your socks, lol. So if you do get pregnant soon it doesnt mean to say your in for a hard pregnancy tho just because your heavy.

Thank you so much for this! i went to bed last night in a right old mood/panic. blaming myself for getting my body like this. I need to focus on this and like you say continue through pregnancy (when i get there) and fingers crossed hopefully wont have any problems. I am fairly fit and active so its not like i am a fat couch potato! I just need to shift some weight and not be so heavy.

Thanks x

Chin up babes, you have come to the right place and picked an awsome diet! There are so many inspiring sucess stories on this site and im sure yours will be joining them soon :) keep us posted on your success xx

Thank you so much for this! i went to bed last night in a right old mood/panic. blaming myself for getting my body like this. I need to focus on this and like you say continue through pregnancy (when i get there) and fingers crossed hopefully wont have any problems. I am fairly fit and active so its not like i am a fat couch potato! I just need to shift some weight and not be so heavy.

Thanks x
I feel terrible, I am so sorry if i made you feel like that :( Everyone is different and I wasn't following sw when pregnant so again i wasn't helping myself. We both have a fantastic reason to lose weight as I too wanted to start in july as its my 10th wedding anniversary, i just wasnt expecting to be so heavy. We WILL do it and this site is so fantastic!
x

I think with slimming world you can still do it whilst pregnant, so maybe july is still a good time to start but keep on the diet through the 9 months x

This is what I'm planning to do. I'm hoping to get to target by October, I have 1 and a half stone to go so I should be ok. Then once I'm pregnant I plan on staying with group all the way through and afterwards too.

I feel terrible, I am so sorry if i made you feel like that :( Everyone is different and I wasn't following sw when pregnant so again i wasn't helping myself. We both have a fantastic reason to lose weight as I too wanted to start in july as its my 10th wedding anniversary, i just wasnt expecting to be so heavy. We WILL do it and this site is so fantastic!
x

Dont worry!!! it was me anyway. i have known that i need to lose weight since we set a date to plan last year. which is why l started to lose weight in the first place. i just stopped trying....

its only when someone actually says it to you that it really makes it real. so you have probably just knocked me back into the swing of it again. i have something to work for so i should stop making excuses and do it. So thank you!!:grouphugg:

Lets all really motivate each other! I am very determined at the moment but you know how things change after a week or so - we must keep going x

Back