4 Weeks on SW and 2lb heavier!

Gemzykate

Hi Everyone,

This is my second time doing Slimming World, as the results I got the first time round were Fab!!

However, I've been doing SW for the past 4 weeks and so far, have managed to put on 2lbs! I haven't lost a thing. I don't know what i'm doing wrong, as far as I can tell i'm doing it all the same as last time. Eating tons of fruit, veg, measuring my HEs. I have the occassional meal out, but i'm careful not to go OTT.

I did note that I wasn't drinking ANY water, which is apparently a big deal on SW!! So i've started drinking at least 2ltrs per day. But i'm still bloated, VERY bunged up and generally feeling rubbish.

I have a six week membership thingy, and am seriously contemplating not returning after, which is frustrating as I know the diet normally works, I lost a stone last time!!

Please help me figure out what i'm doing wrong...i've tried speaking to my consultant, but she just says that i'm not sticking to it properly. :cry:

Gem xxx

awww its frustrating isnt it, dont let it put you off though! Have you been keeping a food diary? Sometimes when I think Ive been sticking to the plan - when i do a food diary its shocking where Ive been going wrong. Lots of water does help too. Keep sticking to it, u will see results :)

lisa xxx

Thanks for the support Lisa. I think I will start writing everything down, I must be doing something wrong!! Perhaps I need to get on the exercise wagon!! Urgh! xxx

Im trying green tea this week after a plateau a few people in my group drink it and have lost load's one girl tried it and lost 5lb in one week!

Hi Gemzykate, not to be too indelicate, but if you're all bunged up could that be where the weight you've lost is? There's another thread on here about being bunged up before WI that's got a lot of really good ideas about becoming un-bunged (Green tea, scan bran and dried apricots seem to get a good rep).

I've been drinking green tea too. The plain green tea can be a bit yuk, but i get the one with lemon and thats quite nice. x

I have the occassional meal out, but i'm careful not to go OTT.

Gem xxx

Hi hun what is the occasional meal out? Eating out can really affect your loss. You would be amazed at what they put in Restaurant food. Just be careful and try to cook from scratch. And if you have to eat out, at least limit it to 1 day a week. Make sure you are counting your syns no matter how small, everything adds up at the end of the day. Don't stop now, you've only just started. Good luck:D.

Awww, thanks for all the advice. Wenchie, I have just looked at the advice for getting 'un-bunged' lol, so i'm hoping that should offload what feels like 2 stone!! Hehe!

The meals out really is occassional, not even once a week. In the last 4 weeks i've had one chinese meal, an italian meal and a pub dinner. Hopefully, now all the birthdays are out of the way,it will be less!

Thanks again for all the advice, it really helps :) xx

Hello, I've started drinking flavoured green tea too and also scan bran (which seems to have helped my bunged up-ness!). I'm not keen on plain green tea, but the flavoured ones are nice, especially with a slice of lemon in them! I've been told to drink about 4-5 cups a day(hope that's right) and i'm on my third so far today. Plenty of water helps i think too! Don't give up, you will get there i am sure! Good luck x

My advice as a SW lover is to do a food diary - i use the online sub forum in this part of minimins.

Make sure you are having enough syns, make sure you have your HE choices each day and a nice variety of superfree foods. My Consultant always says that a rainbow of colour on your plate is good for you (i am not sure she means put a pack of skittles on there - or M&M's which is what i was thinking of!!!) but think reds (tomatoes) greens (beans/brocolli) yellows (peppers/sweetcorn) etc!

Good luck xxx

Pop us up a food diary my lovely- also.. have you not lost on any of the weeks or is it all up? just wondering what might be the cause.

xxx

i take green tea tablets, and i find they are fab when it comes to feeling bunged and bloated....

maybe either try the tablet form or the tea form.... see how that goes..

maybe your body is also telling you it needs more then just 2 ltrs of water.
if i only drink 2 then i dont go anywhere. but the min i drink 3-5litres then im losing weight...
make sure you dont drink it in big sections, drink throughout the day slowly.
good luck

Food diary is definitely what you should do first. It can be scary what we forget we eat sometimes. This will also highlight if there is a part of the plan that you've misunderstood.

As you've said you are feeling bunged up I would look at this as one of the most likely culprits that is hindering your weight loss. Drink plenty of water, cut down on bananas and definitely a bit of exercise will help things to move along so to speak!

If you don't lose any weight in the first 4 weeks of SW membership, and you have handed in honest (how they tell I don't know) food diaries to your consultant - you will get your money back.

Worth mentioning to your consultant if you have.

Not sure where you have heard that water is a big deal on SW, SW certainly say it is healthy to drink plenty of water but they don't make a big thing of it.

Definitely worth talking to your consultant for any advice on your diaries, and that refund if you can get it.

Gemzykate said:
Hi Everyone,

This is my second time doing Slimming World, as the results I got the first time round were Fab!!

However, I've been doing SW for the past 4 weeks and so far, have managed to put on 2lbs! I haven't lost a thing. I don't know what i'm doing wrong, as far as I can tell i'm doing it all the same as last time. Eating tons of fruit, veg, measuring my HEs. I have the occassional meal out, but i'm careful not to go OTT.

I did note that I wasn't drinking ANY water, which is apparently a big deal on SW!! So i've started drinking at least 2ltrs per day. But i'm still bloated, VERY bunged up and generally feeling rubbish.

I have a six week membership thingy, and am seriously contemplating not returning after, which is frustrating as I know the diet normally works, I lost a stone last time!!

Please help me figure out what i'm doing wrong...i've tried speaking to my consultant, but she just says that i'm not sticking to it properly. :cry:

Gem xxx

Have you been handing your food diary in every week to your C to check? Cos if you have, and you are following it 100% then you should have lost something! There may be something you are missing somewhere, that you think is free, but isn't etc-if you'd done a food diary every week and not lost then SW offer a 4 week money back guarantee, but I know that in 40 odd years they have NEVER had to offer the money back-keep at it, it does work, may just be a few little tweaks needed :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi All,

I love this forum...wish I had found it sooner, you're all so lovely!!!

In answer to your questions, i've not lost anything, one week I managed to stay the same but thats as good as it got.

As for the water thing, my consultant says that because SW is a high fibre diet, you need to drink water else it will have the opposite effect and clog you up. I've gone from drinking no water to 2lts and will keep drinking! Our group got given free sachets of green tea last week and i have to agree that the lemon one is actually not too bad!

Wegle, I had no idea that bananas clog you up! Lol I eat 1-2 everyday! Oops! Thats good to know.

To be honest, ive never given in a food diary! i just do the odd one online when I can. I definitely think the food diary is the way forward, that and i need to stop weighing myself everyday! I never used to do that, but I think im panicking as my wedding is only two months away!

I know Slimming World works, ive had great results before, which is why im getting so frustrated this time round!

Im not giving up...you've all made me more determined to get over this little hiccup! Thanks :) xx

I started 5 weeks ago and hardly lost anything in the first 4 weeks. I lost 3 lb in the first week then it all went back on resulting at about half a pound loss at week 4 - I'd had 3 days off plan due to hols, but not going crazy, but 100% stuck to it apart from that.

Consultant recommended changing food I was eating - I'd been eating the same cereal (All bran and milk) every day for about 3 years. So when I started having different breakies I lost 2lb immediately :eek:

So if this sounds like you could be having the same problem - try having completely different breakfasts, dinners and teas than you are used to.

Back