40 days until Jamaica!

Hi Felix, a good day 5 for me so far although trying to persuade my bf and parents to finish their drinks in the pub so we can go home! I havent had my 2nd shake yet and really need it :( how are you getting on? Water is never a problem for me as I loooooove it! Probably end up drinking about 5 litres a day which is probably too much but I only ever drink it if I want it, I'm not forcing myself or anything. Plus I drink that amount even when I'm not on Cambridge so my body I used to it. X

Hi Felix, a good day 5 for me so far although trying to persuade my bf and parents to finish their drinks in the pub so we can go home! I havent had my 2nd shake yet and really need it :( how are you getting on? Water is never a problem for me as I loooooove it! Probably end up drinking about 5 litres a day which is probably too much but I only ever drink it if I want it, I'm not forcing myself or anything. Plus I drink that amount even when I'm not on Cambridge so my body I used to it. X

i also regularly drink 5 - 6 litres of water, was a big drinker ( not the alchoholic variety sadly ) before cambridge and if i dont have at least 4 i get incredibly thirsty. were all different, some of us just need more than others

Yeah I always have done too, my doctor even tested me for diabtetes as drinking lots of water is one of the symptoms! But no I just live to drink. Talking of alcohol it is so nice to not have hangovers for the next 5 weeks. I'm the same way with alcohol that I am with food, I either don't touch it at all (ie wouldn't have an alcoholic drink if I went to the pub with friends during the week) but I drink so much if I'm going on a night out. I don't care about being this way with alcohol because if anything it's actually better to occasionally binge drink than have the constant trickle of alcohol going through your liver if you drink a moderate amount but do it regularly. But I really am sick of being all or nothing about food. Sweet stuff especially sends me into this I want more frame of mind which drives me mad. SSprobably doesnt help either with curing this way of thinking but somehow I always revert back to it as I can't imagine going back to a slower way of loosing weight such as ww. Hmmm hopefully I'll crack it eventually...x

Well yesterday was the end of day 5 and I weighed myself this morning and I'm 12.13!! Which means I probably weighed about 13.5? When I started ss last Wednesday, pretty gutted about that to be honest but I had eaten loads in the 5 days leading up to starting ss (birthday etc) but hey ho, I woke up this morning full of the feeling of ketosis and feel pretty damn amazing! I can also see that my stomach is flattening down nicely already (Just need my bum and hips to follow suit).

I'm considering weighing only every 2 weeks as I don't really care that much about the numbers this time round, I just want to ensure that my figure goes back to how it was and I can wear all of my gorgeous size 12 dresses without looking like a lard arse in them!

Although Jamaica is my main motivator at the moment, in the back of my head it's more about using ss one last time to get the weight off and hopefully maintain somewhere between 10.7-11 stone for good. After I finished ss last time I would just eat what I wanted and then do ss to get the weight off quickly, but it's not a healthy way to live (physically or mentally) so I really need to sort it out. My boyfriend is moving in with me this Saturday and I'm hoping that we'll have a proper routine now and we can exercise regularly and eat proper meals every night. Luckily he is very slim but works out and plays football so can basically eat what he wants, but he knows how important my weight is to me so we're going to start doing weekly shops when we get back from Jamaica and really keep an eye on things.

Hopefully it'll all pan out ok :)

xxx

Yesterday was another perfect day :) but I didn't end up having my last shake until 11.30pm as my friend was doing my hair, funnily enough I didn't even want it but I know it's counter productive not to have all your shakes so I drank it hot in bed. Today is day 7, I'm not sure what I weighed last Wednesday as I didnt weigh myself when I started (too scared) so the first time I weighed was last Saturday where I was 13.2, so in going to weigh myself then just so I can see how much I've lost in a full week's period. I hope everyone is doing well, summer is nearly upon us and we want those arms and legs out without shame so keep going everyone, it's only as hard as you make it! Xxx

Hi mate, Im the same as you with the weigh in thing - i had left over stuff from a last failed cambridge so didnt weigh in officially with a cdc. Now im on day 8 and have an appointment with a cdc to get weighed and im a bit dissapointed that i wont know how much officially I have lost :( at least we can go from whatever we weigh in as now and use that as a benchmark to see our loss. Have a happy cambridge day x

Hi mate, Im the same as you with the weigh in thing - i had left over stuff from a last failed cambridge so didnt weigh in officially with a cdc. Now im on day 8 and have an appointment with a cdc to get weighed and im a bit dissapointed that i wont know how much officially I have lost :( at least we can go from whatever we weigh in as now and use that as a benchmark to see our loss. Have a happy cambridge day x

Hmmm it's annoying isn't it, I was too scared to weigh myself on the first day but kind of regret it now! Hey ho, I'll weigh myself on Saturday morning and see how much I've lost since then. How are you getting on? x

Well it's day 8 for me so only 33 days until Jamaica and I'm still feeling good, I'm off to Somerset tonight as it's my boyfriend's grandads funeral in the morning :( I'm going straight from work and I only either drink tetras if they've been frozen and I can pretend they are ice cream ;) or in desperate situations i.e. for lunch at the wake tomorrow (drunk in secret in the toilet haha) so anyway, I think i'm going to have to ask starbucks at Paddington to sell me a grande cup of exciting warm water so I can pour a soup sachet into it, and have that for dinner whilst waiting for the train. It sounds bonkers but the things we have to do for this diet.... let's hope I don't get any strangers staring at me.

I hope everyone else is having a good cd day!

Hi mate, Im getting on alright thanks :) Day 9 today and still no cheat, wanna start seeing the difference soon tho! My cdc scales weigh me alot heavier than mine at home do so not too happy about that but gonna use mine as a guide to track my losses as ive put in the hard work and dont want a dodgy set of scales to disrupt my focus! It is difficult to keep on top of this diet when your around other people who expect you to eat and if it was a more sensitve occassion other than a funeral id be telling u to not worry about wipping out your tetra but I understand it can draw attention and it wont be the time or place. Hope tomorrow goes ok for u and ur bf x

Hi Mishi, great news about the no cheating-snap! I actually haven't found it difficult to not cheat this time around, I think it's because I feel so good being in ketosis that I don't want to jeopardise it! When I first did CD back in 2008 when I was at Uni I would have bouts of being 100% for a few weeks and then have a big cheat and not worrying because for some reason I was strong enough to just get back on ss the following day, but now I'm working there is no way I want to be getting into ketosis whilst at work, I feel too rubbish and weak, so I'm hoping it's that feeling that will keep me strong for the next 33 days! Do you have any occasions that you're aiming for? It sucks about your cdc's scales but as you said just weigh on your own and don't worry about the difference! The funeral situation is definitley going to be tricky but I don't want to draw attention to myself or end up in a massive debate about whether Cambridge is healthy or not with my boyfriends dad! Thanks for the well wishes, I'm sure I'll be a lovely service and we can lay him to rest. X

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is managing ok. Im on day 3 of CD and feel a little tired today. I have 11 weeks to lose as much as possible for my best friends wedding (i've got a lovely bridesmaids dress to fit into) good luck to all. I love this site, it's so encouraging. xx

Hellooooo I just replied to you on my diary but thought I would pop by haha! Hope you got safely to your boyfriends and good luck with the funeral tomorrow. Make sure you let us know how you get on. The days seem to be flying by! Wont be long until you're enjoying your holiday :)

Hi everyone, the funeral went well yesterday which is the main thing but unfortunately ss did not! I managed to sneakily half drink a tetra in the pub toilets but it hadnt been out of the freezer for long enough so I could only consume about half and had to chuck the rest away, then I only managed to drink about half a pint of water before we had to leave to go to the church, anyway fast forward about 3 hours and we're at the wake, I still haven't managed to drink anymore water or shakes and I felt really awful and faint so I ended up eating....I'm not impressed with myself whatsoever but I ate cheese sandwiches, cake and crisps and I felt absolutley awful after it, bloated stomach, heart racing, the works. I've forgotten how awful you feel if you eat carby food straight from ss, it isn't a pleasant feeling. Anyway I think I've learnt my lesson to be a damn sight better prepared in the future with water and tetras. Anyhoo it's behind me now, it was a lovely send off and I'm straight back to ss today withou even thinking of continuing to eat today or over the weekend etc...here's to a new day and let's start undoing the damage! 31 days until Jamaica! Hope everyone else is ok xx

Here goes to a new day, draw a line unde rit and start again. you can loose alot in 31 days.

Here goes to a new day, draw a line unde rit and start again. you can loose alot in 31 days.

Thanks for the support Gemma, I've been absolutley fine today, still bloated from last night so I'm only just having my first shake now, 3 litres of water down already- I think my body is trying to make up for the fact that I hardly drank any yesterday.
x

Hey glad the funeral went ok. You did well considering the circumstances :) How are you doing today? xx

Thanks Felix. Today is going fine, 2 shakes down and ooh about 4l of water so all good :) how about you? My best friend lives in America and she's over at the moment so I'm going to Nottingham on Sunday to stay with her and her family that live over here, problem is we always have crazy nights out when we see each other so I think I'll probably be off plan on either Monday or Tuesday but seeing how easily I've got back on it today after eating yesterday I'm confident that I'll be fine leaving it at 1 day and not continuing to eat . I think that knowing I will be in a bikini in 30 days and the fact that the holiday is expensive is helping me stay on track, oh and of course the fact that I'm plain sick of not fitting in my gorgeous size 12 dresses anymore is spurring me on too! Xx

Well I officially have 30 days until Jamaica, not sure whether I should change the title of my diary everyday as a countdown? Hmm may try that later! Well, I weighed in at 12.11 this morning which I'm not impressed with, it means I've lost 8lbs in 10 days and I usually loose 8-9lbs in a week on ss so I think eating carbs at the wake on Thursday must have added a couple of lbs back on that I may have lost. Although I'm trying to not totally let the scales rule my head and go by my clothes etc more, I've decided that I really want to be 11.8 or as near to that as possible, by the time I go to Jamaica, I have 30 days to do it and although it's 17lbs, I may JUST be able to do it. I only have 1 more day that in my head could be a challenge which is Monday/ Tuesday next week as my best friend is over from the states so we might have a night out, but after that (if I do come off plan that is) it's a straight and blemish free road for me until the 13th June and I get on that plane! Xx

Hey Felix (and everyone else) well I royally came off plan from Sunday-last night, too scared to check the scales to see the damage to be honest! I'm back on it 100% now and I am NOT coming off again until I board that plane on the 13th June. I'm annoyed at myself for coming off it but I see my best friend once a year if that and I really didn't feel that I could say no I'm not going out drinking etc...I would have been a complete lemon. But anyway, I've drawn a line under it and just can't wait to be back in ketosis, Sunday will be here before I know it and I'll be in ketosis and feeling the same way I did before I went off track.

Hope everyone else is doing well, will catch up on diaries etc after work.

xxx

Back