4lbs in 11 days...whats going on

loulalou

Ok, first week I lost 4lbs. But now on 11th day and had a sneaky peek (yeah I know I know, I shouldn't) and still just 4lbs!

I'm starting to feel a bit gutted now. Official 2nd WI is Friday so will WI again then, but just so gutted when I keep reading about people losing a stone in 2 weeks. hmph.

~Louise~ said:
Ok, first week I lost 4lbs. But now on 11th day and had a sneaky peek (yeah I know I know, I shouldn't) and still just 4lbs!

I'm starting to feel a bit gutted now. Official 2nd WI is Friday so will WI again then, but just so gutted when I keep reading about people losing a stone in 2 weeks. hmph.

Are you exercising a lot? Is it Totm? Sorry to hear that, hopefully it'll pick up soon :)

I walk about 40 mins a day, not totm, no idea why its not coming off as easily as everyone else! :(

OK - its unusual to see losses daily - your body is adjusting and its still early days. The initial loss is water and then the body holds on a bit, then it catches up. You need to wait and see what a another week brings. An average on TS is a stone a month - that about half a pound a day or three and bit a week.
So although its demotivating - carry on and don't weigh yet. Weigh once a week and look at average loss over a month.
I sometimes think scales just carry a health warning! - more people are put off by daily weighing than anything else. Its well known that your weight can vary in one day - am to pm by as much as 7 pounds. So weigh first thing in the morning, once a week, wearing the same thing (or nothing) and trust it. IT WORKS and good luck, its tough but it works. Promise.
GSQ

OK - its unusual to see losses daily - your body is adjusting and its still early days. The initial loss is water and then the body holds on a bit, then it catches up. You need to wait and see what a another week brings. An average on TS is a stone a month - that about half a pound a day or three and bit a week.
So although its demotivating - carry on and don't weigh yet. Weigh once a week and look at average loss over a month.
I sometimes think scales just carry a health warning! - more people are put off by daily weighing than anything else. Its well known that your weight can vary in one day - am to pm by as much as 7 pounds. So weigh first thing in the morning, once a week, wearing the same thing (or nothing) and trust it. IT WORKS and good luck, its tough but it works. Promise.
GSQ

I think I knew all of that deep down but needed telling, so thanks :) I'm a once a week weigher as from now, promise!

Really thats interesting. I feel better now just had to get it off my chest I think!

hope you have a beter number this friday and remember every pound get you to your target gd luck hun x

Back