4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

WEEK SEVEN - who can believe it ?

Hi all, stuck at the 4lb this week :cry:. No change since Friday and I don't even get to change my ticker :cry::cry::cry:. I really thought that after the 1 last week, I'd have got at least 5lb. Oh well, guess I am being greedy. (to say nothing of regretting these mushrooms).

Was thinking I might try to stay off the scales for a week (yeah, right :)) and also try not to update my ticker if I fail as it's heartbreaking not being able to change it on a Monday.

Still not got the 2 stones

Where are you CD08 ?

Nelli

Ladies I am here! Well here but not here if you get what i mean.
I am home but not officially back on CD ss until tomorrow.
I will not go into details about my food intake but it is safe to say i felt rotten yesterday. Probably because i was so good for 6 weeks and no cheating whatsoever and then ate whatever i wanted! Bleurgh...
Today i feel better but still looking forward to jumping back on the wagon tomorrow morning so please put up with my moans and whinges whilst i return to ketoland full time for the next 6 weeks.
Well done to you ladies who stayed in ketosis this weekend!
I weighed in a day early (sunday) and managed 3lbs in week 6. Yippeeee :)
So onwards and downwards as of tomorrow. I am hoping to lose another 1.5-2 stone in the next 6 weeks. Anyone else got an idea of what they want to lose?
I will not be adjusting my ticker when i weigh tomorrow morning (as i weigh everyday) cos my gain will NOT be there come next monday, i hope to be at least 2lbs down on week 6's weigh in. If not more!!!
See you in the morning and thanks in advance for your support whilst i get back into ketosis!
xxx

Hi CD08 - glad to hear you had a good time and also that you are nice and positive for the next step.
Did you see my post about eating some mushrooms with cottage cheese on Saturday night? I am really annoyed that the scales didn't move from Friday until this morning - in fact if I lean to the side it was showing +1 (which I am definately ignoring, and I won't be leaning again :)).

I too would like to do 1.5 - 2 stones over the next 6 weeks. I keep talking about exercise but haven't done much at all - maybe if I do some it will help.

Good Luck for tomorrow - hope you sail through to ketosis.

Nelli

I went for weigh in this evening and in the last 2 weeks have lost 10lb taking me to 32.5lbs now - really happy with this, now just to keep on and on and on and on ;)

Wow Katie well done, thats a great loss!
Nelli, I just read back about mushys and cottage cheese... I dont think i could even dabble with ss+ with food, not worth the risk.
Talking of food i gained 7lbs when i weighed this morning. So onwards and downwards.
Wish me luck with the rough ride to ketosis!!!! xxx

Oh CD08 - I sympathise, but I am sure you will soon shift it - you have been doing so well particularly in getting back on the wagon.

I have been having troubles - to begin with I regret these mushrooms :). Not that I've been eating anything else, if I had been I wouldn't mind.

Two days in a row - I have been UP a pound. Blamed the first on the mushrooms, but the second, I have no explanation for. Anyway to cut a long story short, I went out and bought new digital scales cause my husband reckons the others were shot - and of course I was more than happy to agree. I discovered there was a difference of 4lb - and NOT in my favour. Can handle that because it just means I started 4 up on what I had thought.

I cannot get my head round the two - I had lost 9,4,4,4,1,4 up to Friday of last week - then Monday one on and then another this morning.

I am not constipated and don't feel as if I have extra fluid and not had a thing else to eat. Some days I have 2 packs and one bar, other days I have three packs and a bar - depending on how hungry I am (I am 5'9" so it shouldn't be a problem). Also watching the water mix.

Not giving up - but it's hard :(

Nelli

Katie that's a fab loss in weeks.
CD - good for getting back on th wagon. I fell off ovr the wekend nd had a good drink and snacks. Go myself back on track on Monday, I too am hoping for 1 1/2- 2 stone loss in the next 6 weeks.

Nobody in work knows that I am on this and today after loosing just ovr 2 stone was the first time that someone noticed that I had lost weight. The girls in the office who r on weight watchers, after loosing 5lb in 4wks, i hear the others say, 'ooo u can't half tell, u can really c it'. quite funny really:)

Hi Cappa - that is so odd that they didn't notice for so long. Guess because you aren't talking about it.

I am gobsmacked this morning - the 2lbs put on over the past couple of days has disappeared along with another 2. Should say I am happily gobsmacked for a change but I just don't understand it.

That makes 2 stones in 6 weeks and 2 days so in spite of my wee blip am doing OK.

Think I need to keep off the scales - now have two sets showing different readings which I can hop between - I will be able to drive myself totally crazy :) Incidentally, plan to run with the old ones for now and add 4 pounds on at the end.

Have a great day.

Nelli

Morning all!
3lbs (of the 7lb gain) have gone. So a few more days and hopefully i can post a loss and adjust my ticker.
Nelli thats amazing, wow well done you! Dont try to analyse it just go with it!!!
Cappa sometimes peeps dont like to comment on weight loss. If they say you look like you have lost weight it may cause offence cos it sounds like they thought you were fat(ter) before!!!!
I personally never say to anyone that they look like they have lost weight unless they talk openly about dieting.
So dont worry the scales give you all the reassurance you need.
Hopefully ill be back in ketoland tomoz so today is glug glug glug... x

Hey ladies,

CD-08 well done for getting back on the wagon. The extra 'weight' will be off in no timw.

Well my two day break is coming up tomorrow. I have been on the straight and narrow this week to do some damage control. In fact Since monday I am already down 4ibs and officially well under 14 stone. I am going to update my weight tomorrow - really early - and not update again until a week on Monday. But here is where I need your advice..CD08 you got straight back on the scales after your break so you know what you have to get off again. I am scared to...I think it may make me demotivated - expecially as the scales may go back over 14stone (albeit temporarily). I wa thinking of avoiding the scales for at least 4 days. What do you all think?
xx

Hi Amina,
Enjoy your time off plan and dont worry too much but be strong and set the boundaries. I told myself it was only Sun & Mon and not Tues/Wed/Thurs etc... So because I had already set these boundaries there was no room for negotiation.
I also weigh everyday so it would've been impossible for me to not weigh yesterday. I was not too worried about it cos it was only 2 days of food (so max 2-3lbs fat). There is only so much fat you can gain in 2 days so the rest MUST be water!
Keep your sensible hat on and just be strong! You will be fine xxx

CD08 well done on getting back onto it so well - hopefully the ketosis will be back with you asap and you'll soon be sailing onward and downward xx

Amina don't be disheartened by the scales, you've accepted that you're having this break so just accept that the lbs may go on but they will soon be gone again when you're back on it in a couple of days :)

Came across a link relating to fluid retention that I forgot I had that might be of interest to some people.

Thanks hun! That's really useful!

The Cambridge Diet Home Page

CD08 well done on getting back onto it so well - hopefully the ketosis will be back with you asap and you'll soon be sailing onward and downward xx

Amina don't be disheartened by the scales, you've accepted that you're having this break so just accept that the lbs may go on but they will soon be gone again when you're back on it in a couple of days :)

I just need to get that straight in my head and it will be fine. I will be on tomorrow morning to update my weight and back on saturday to let you know how my 2 days were!

Hi Amina,
Enjoy your time off plan and dont worry too much but be strong and set the boundaries. I told myself it was only Sun & Mon and not Tues/Wed/Thurs etc... So because I had already set these boundaries there was no room for negotiation.
I also weigh everyday so it would've been impossible for me to not weigh yesterday. I was not too worried about it cos it was only 2 days of food (so max 2-3lbs fat). There is only so much fat you can gain in 2 days so the rest MUST be water!
Keep your sensible hat on and just be strong! You will be fine xxx

Yes I have had to be really firm with myself! I could have killed someone for my favourite thai meal yesterday but thank good hubbie is vicious with me! It is to easy to think...I have 2 days off, what harm will one more do! I will back back here on saturday and back on it too so watch this space lol! Also think I may do SS for a few days to get back in the balance before going back to my usual 810.

Oh.....29 in a few hours! Feel old already :p

xxx

Oh to be 29 again :)

Have a lovely birthday, enjoy your day xx

Back