4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

hi can I join in I'm on day 4 also started on the 4th, I've been trying to restart for ages but not got passed day 2 before, still not in ketosis like Blingbabe normally takes 5 days or so :( . I'm stuck at home because of the snow and school is closed, but not compaining as its made getting back into ss easier as I can drink lots of water and go to the loo whenever I want.

Morning everyone - another day and hopefully another pound at least off. Weighed myself this morning and have lost 7 so far. I think what I am missing most is not food. but the milk in my coffee - however, I know from experience (of which I have lots :) that I will soon get over that.
Going to try on some jeans which were strangling me last week.
Nelli

Hi Everyone! day 1 for me and feeling very positive and excited! xx

Morning everyone - day 5 for me too today! I'm definitely in ketosis, no doubt about it :) hurrah! The temptation to step on the scales has just proved too much and I hopped on to discover I have lost 8.5lbs so far :) I am really happy with that as I was aiming for 8lbs in this first week, so have already beaten that! Have gone from 13.12 and a half to 13.4 :) wonder if I can get to the 12/13 border at WI on Sunday... if not definitely will be in the 12's by this time next week which is great news :)

I have another snow day today so am planning to do some work on my dissertation and placement portfolio so that I'm well prepped for the month ahead!

xxx

Last edited:
Well done everyone who is sticking to it. Hope you are all keeping diaries as I am finding mine from before invaluable just now.
If anyone wants a copy of a spreadsheet for tracking progress, send your email address by Private message.
Nelli

For some reason I am finding it harder to drink water in this cold weather.

For some reason I am finding it harder to drink water in this cold weather.

try warm water!
i am gluggin it by the pint with the orange flavouring in it.

x

Day 5 for me too and definately in Ketotis. I know because I actually feel normal again instead of spaced out. Also I have got the experimental cooking bug back and have just made my daughter a nice healthy chinese dish.
Looks like I have lost about 8lbs on my scales. :) I am going to have to go by my scales for the next couple of weeks as I already had shakes from my previous attempt so didn't see my cdc immeadiatley. She cannot make it this week due to snow so I'm going to another CDC for my shakes. So it will be another week before I see my regular CDC.

And yer I also feel slimmer, well less bloated. Bring on the skinny me :)

I think I might go window shopping tomorrow - if it's not TOO cold. Look at all the things I could buy if (and when) I am slimmer.

Day 1 of restart for me. Feeling light headed, spaced out and have a humdinger of a headache. Not long for bed for me I reckon. Already feeling the cold more and my stomach and fingers feel smaller.

I too am heading to bed. Tonight I could have (but didn't) eat something. I think it is more habit than anything - Friday night we usually have a takeaway and several glasses of wine.
Another day down :)

Just got back from sister-in-law's birthday meal at the local Indian. Usually, 2/3 glasses of wine, prawn madras, egg rice, naan, popadoms....

Today (I am on 810 BTW) grilled chicken, spinach, bit of salad - told them to go easy on the oil......I am really proud of myself! However, waiting for tomorrow to check if still in ketosis because you know what it is like when you are out - hidden carbs!

Well done for surviving another day everyone! xx

-8 this morning - well almost afternoon. I am going to try some of the berry flavouring in hot water to see how that goes. Still having problems with drinking enough water. In ketosis for sure though.
Nelli

Day 6 for me, -5 degrees at 10 o'clock this morning, think it's probably colder than that now! I work p/t as a carer and had to be up at 6.30 on the icy roads... not fun.

I'm off now for the evening stint, which is due to finish at 8 but I think I'm actually going to cut a few of the remote calls out because it will be too dangerous to try and get there once we hit nightfall. Wish me a safe evening!

Dietwise I'm doing fine :) went shopping at Sainsburys to get DH his weekly shop, and didn't feel at all affected by the fact that I wasn't able to choose anything for myself. As I just posted on the team thread, I actually felt relieved not to have to read all the labels on things and spend hours in the store - instead it was a quick once-round and out within 25 minutes :) happy days.

I'm not feeling hungry at all, and my work trousers fit me (they didn't before Christmas!) which is fab stuff.

See yas later xxx

Morning All, how are you all doing. I am glad to have my first Saturday behind me and managed to get through it OK. Still not drinking enough water. Tried the Summer Berry in hot water yesterday and it was great, so I think I will have that instead of coffee this morning to see if I can drink more.
Nelli

Wow CD08 - just noticed your 12 OFF - Brilliant. I am at 9 - but haven't really been doing much in the way of exercise as well as not drinking enough. The plan today is to sort both :)

Morning all just had my first shake, going out walking today with dh day 6 for me, I think I've lost 4 lbs but won't have official wi for another week.

Wannabslim - I hope you got on OK with your travelling yesterday and that you didn't get stuck anywhere. Well done on your 8.5lbs.
We probably have roughly about the same distance to go as 28lb is only my first goal - I just don't want to think beyond that yet.

Back