4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
i am day 3 and f f f f f freezing, must be on the brink of ketosis as i am not hungry anymore.

first 2 days have been relatively easy. this is prob because i am in the right place to do this diet (again...).
it makes such a difference when your head is in the 'zone'.

good luck with getting into ketosis, its a breeze after day 3/4.

xxx

Last edited:
Hi there - I am also on day 3 of a restart. Just checked for ketosis (as I am not feeling hungry either) - not yet though. Good luck for the next 12 weeks - I would like to do the same. I didn't put on all of my original loss but would like to lose a bit more than before.
Haven't worked out the logistics yet - just got my head down and going for it ....

Nelli

Managed to change my ticker. This is a guess till I figure out how much I'd really want to lose

Last edited:
Nelli, i recognise the name and avatar. have you been here before or atkins/ low carbs maybe?

Well done on getting to day 3. I am finding it ok at the mo. All my other restart attempts were half hearted and a real struggle but this time no one can stop me!

I regained my original loss rather stupidly... d'oh! Oh well onwards and downwards

Good luck x

I have followed both LL and CD previously with success. Unfortunately I seem to be using them for maintenance which is probably not a good idea. Lost lots with both. Last time I kept it off for much longer and didn't put as much back on so hopefully (fingers crossed) this time.
Guess we are only human :)
Nelli

Hi, I'm also on day 3 and so far so good. Like you both, I too have done both LT and CD lost on both and stupidly regained. I so want to do it this time. Can't wait to feel comfortable on confident in my clothes. So glad it's really cold at the moment, because it means I can continue to cover myself up. By the time the nice weather comes, I want to be ready to strip of those layers and know I look good.

Hiya, I'm on day 3!

Doing ok, felt a bit hungry last night which was hard and yesterdaqt my stomach was growling all day - people at work commented on it!

Today hasn't been hard at all so far - I'm snowed in so work is off the agenda, so have been doing a bit of uni work, a bit of housework, watched a bit of tv and spent some time on here... basically keeping myself busy so I don't dwell on food.

Am doing SS+ and think I might have my 200kcal meal in a mo for lunch rather than in the evening as I tend to do when at work. Not sure if I'm in ketosis as I don't have ketosticks, but don't really care. I feel a little hungry and a bit cold, so who knows!

x

Hi all

Day 3 for me. i am freezing and got the death breath from hell and im not hungry, just had to force my 1st pack down as i wont have time to squash 4 in otherwise!!!!

i think the keto fairy has visited!!!

i hope its going well for you all!

K x

hey ladies i guess we all started together and we should continue to support one another. maybe start a jan 4th starters thread and see if anyone else wants to join a group (unless there is one already???).

i have had one carton so far and lots of warm water.

will brave the snow soon as i have promised o/h a nice casserole for tea. he is getting healthy too.

we are using the next 12 weeks to get fit and healthy and also sort out our finances by hibernating and not going out.

good luck all of you xxxx

cappuchino, we are all in the same boat! I am now trying to be less naive about my weight and stop going into denial as the old habits come back and weight piles on. need to learn to nip any gain in the bud before it gets out of hand!

hey wannab, i too am doing ss+ but 4 a day. cant trust myself to eat a 200 kcal meal. well done you for the discipline! happy snow day to you.

hi special k and congrats on ketosis, you are on a roll now. keep going xxx

Hey, its the day 3 gang! Feeling hungry. I was looking forward to a planned evening out which is now understandably cancelled, although when I am getting into the CD groove I appreciate having no distractions (there would have been a bar/snacks/sweets at the theatre).
Really looking forward to ketosis when it arrives, which for me is usually the end of the week, boo hoo!

Yes, good on you specialk, life will be a bit easier from now on x

CD08, I am doing same plan as you, I lost over 3 stones last year on CD but have regained a stone.

It has been really useful to find out how others are getting on - good idea to support each other into our second week, by which time we should be up and running?! x

Hey all :)
I started for the first time on the 4th also, so am in day 3 ....
feeling ok, bit weak and headachy, somtimes feel spacey and my mouth feels yacky and the taste in it is yacky to! .. Hope this passes! ..
Ive just had a chick and mush soup well have a sachet and it wasnt to bad ... so thats one for my list next week :)
Im looking forward to travelling this journey together

hey bling and pixie. i remember the 1st time i did this diet (08) and this forum was a god-send! it really helped me keep up momentum and see others being successful. their losses kept me motivated.

i also recommend my dieters (i am a cdc) use this forum as it is great if you dont know anyone else doing the camb diet.

good luck girlies and keep posting xxx

I don't think I could have managed either time without this forum - it is great for both motivation and keeping my mind off food.
I have to say that I am finding this easier this time round (body must be used to it) and don't have any of the headaches or tiredness of before - at least not yet.
Bought a yoga DVD - will probably sit back in the chair later on and watch it :)
Hope you are all doing well.
Nelli

I am also a 4th Jan starter! I am on 810 and in ketosis. Although cam ehome starving today and ate too much chicken...it is wierd that I know I am in ketosis already, and it was my head telling me I was hungry but I did it anyway. Hopefully will be okay. Well done evryone for getting through day 3!

Really pushing the water as I struggled on first two days and didn't even achieve 3 litres. I am practising what I preach and having hot water, this has made life more comfortable.
And to top it all, I've now come down with a cold, thankfully working from home all week and will start dosing up on the paracetamol caplets.
Yes, thank goodness for this forum x

I am having trouble with drinking enough water too - had some of the berry flavouring left over from last time so that is helping - but I'm still a bit short. One of the problems is I am a nightmare if I don't get enough sleep and if I drink too much I am up all night (excuses I know)!
Didn't do (or even watch) the yoga DVD - instead blubbered watching the film "PS I Love You" - at least I wasn't thinking about eating.
'Night All - and good luck to everyone for the rest of the week. The weeks will soon pass.
Nelli

Grrrr ive got hiccoughs!!! :(

feeling pooey! not CD pooey but blah pooey!

makes sense to me anyway!!!

ive drank over 3 1/2 litres i think ive kinda lost track!

K x

Back