4th time doing sw and ive maintained 2nd week running - help

conlou1

Gold Member
well im back on it. i left to have another baby and after gaining 5 stone whilst pregnant i am desperately trying to lose weight again. i have 2 stone 2 pound to get to pre pregnancy weight and another stone on top of that to get to where i want to be. the problem is i have hit a plateau and have maintained 2 weeks running, i know why, too many syns but the problem isnt not knowing why its the fact i am so busy socially the whole of july and its unavoidable. its my birthday this week and im having a party which i can control some of the food so not too bad, but then i have a christening sunday too then next week a wedding, the week after a friends birthday and i can be good around it but once i get to these things i find i over indulge by alot and then just manage to break even by being good the rest of the time. any tips would be greatly recieved, thanks

Hi conlou, slimming world needs to be made apart of your life rather then going on/off plan, so you can continue your weight loss but still live a little. you've done it before so you can do it again Wohoo how about doing a food plan for the week, flexi-syn for your birthdays & christenings etc and throw in a bit of body magic too and see how you get on? It's my birthday next week so I'm having a week of extra easy lots of super speed soup, fruit salads etc and then saving all my lovely syns for a meal, which I will make the best choices possible and for alcohol too.

whats in super speed soup please? i have been going to the gym 3 times a week for an hour each time-i have managed to increase my fitness from biking 4 miles to now i can do 8 in 25 minutes! i also do 10 minutes on the corss trainer and i use the weight machines also. and i walk everywhere cos i dont drive so i am pretty active, i also have a 22 month old and a 12 week old so im doing as much as i can exercise wise. i am good around the things i have planned but i find it really difficult when im going to say a christening and im hungry cos ive not had chance to eat cos getting 3 kids and myself ready is really hard work, so i get there and my resolve goes and i just feel so hungry that i end up eating anything. also i find alot of the buffet food people do the only thing i could have would be salad, most of it is white bread pastry and buns. how do other people get around this? do you take food with you? or would you just not eat anything?? i can be great aslong as i dont go anywhere which is no good

I tend to get round parties by saving my syns as much as possible and having a flexi day for the occasion so i dont feel to guilty. I have found that batch baking is a great way to save time when you've got kids. my fav recipie at the moment is SW chilli and rice. I defrost a portion of chilli and have it before i go to the party that way im usually quite full when i get there and i eat less but am still able to enjoy some of the food (in my case usually the cake - i have a sweet tooth) when i get there.

Souper speed soup

Free on EE and Green

2 tins of toms
1 x tin green lentil (or dried)
1x tin mixed bean salad (or any dried beans and chipeas in stead)
red slit lentils
4x carrots
2 parsnips
1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow pepper
1 onion
2 leeks
1 tin of baken beans

seasoning
mixed herbs
2 x stock cubes

water bung in all in slow cooker or in a pan until soft.

Can be left as a chunky stew or blitz until smooth.

Not got round to trying this myself yet so cant tell you how it tastes but the women in class say its great.

i used to batch freeze especially quorn chilli and potato and pea curry (aloo mutter) its in the green recipe book, but ive gotten outt he habit, im going to take your advice and do it again. sunday im at a christening so im going tohave an omellette beforei go i think cos they always fill me up. im not too botherd about sweet stuff its crisps and white bread and butter that i love. im going to make that soup though cos i love soup but avoid it in tins cos its high in syns

Back