5 1/2 stone gone forever!

sparx

Shiny sticker monster
Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
After umming and arring about posting my before and after pictures on here I have finally decided to do it.
Basically, I have been overweight pretty much my whole life even as a child and even more so as a teenager, when I hit the age 17/18 (basically once I'd started college) I tipped the scales at 15st which for my small and young 5'4 frame is a lot of weight to be carrying around (or was for me personally). I decided enough was enough and I had to do something or else I'd just continue to gain the weight. Over the summer of 2010 I had managed to lose 2st by myself by making small changes to my diet (not following any specific diet) and started exercising. I stayed at around 13st for a couple of years until I finished my first year of university, this was the point where I decided that I needed to get healthy and stay that way.

So I walked into my first Slimming World meeting on the 12th June 2012 and I have never looked back! I reached target (9st 5lb) on the 9th of April 2013 by losing a further 3st 8lb on top of the 2st lost previously. I am now a proud target member and couldn't thank my group/ consultant enough for all of the support they have given me over the last year and a bit. I will definitely continue to go to group (especially considering now I can go for free) in order to keep the weight off.

My main aim was to be healthy by the time I reached 21 (which will be at the end of next month) and stay that way for life unlike when I turned 18.

I don't consider myself an inspiration by any means but I wanted to share my story as I hope it will prove that the plan works if you are committed enough, and that for me at least it is not a diet but a whole new way of living.

Thanks for reading if you managed to get this far! :p

15 stone (yes I know the pictures are awful) :

13320_111907865485991_3563742_n 2.jpg

15743_1171016110328_8252848_n.jpg

2 stone loss (13 stone) pre slimming world:

532743_3541988063145_665056463_n.jpg

After pictures:

Pre-Slimming World jeans (from 13st size 16) to (9st 5lb size 10) :

image-867710850.jpg

265113_10200433594977188_343565577_n.jpg

556314_4419452799215_183003307_n.jpg

Me last week:
0b065e1e-8b42-4eb9-a999-1a6ed31a5fe0_zps7f312fe8.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you should consider yourself an inspiration. How fantastically well have you done? I love posts like yours best of all so thank you for posting.

Aw thank you for the lovely comments, I guess what I'm getting at is that I want to show people who may think they can't lose weight, that if they have the right positive mindset/attitude that they certainly can and not only that but also that it can be a lifestyle change. I have no intentions of coming off of the plan (obviously allowing myself the odd treat here and there) and stick to the healthy eating. I used to be a very fussy eater but I have now found new foods that I love and would never have tried before. :)

Well, you should consider yourself an inspiration. How fantastically well have you done? I love posts like yours best of all so thank you for posting.

Aw that's kind of you to say! If I can help one person from coming off plan then my hard work will have been worth it! As I had said before I was very reluctant posting these pictures (especially the before ones).

Incredible :) well done you, inspiring xx

You look stunning! Congrats on the loss, I'm sure you must feel on top of the world now :).

I had similar stats to you and am getting close to target now so you've definitely spurred me on to get that last half a stone off! Thank you :D.

Thank you ladies for all the positive comments :)

You look stunning! Congrats on the loss, I'm sure you must feel on top of the world now :).

I had similar stats to you and am getting close to target now so you've definitely spurred me on to get that last half a stone off! Thank you :D.

It's still a bit of a mental battle, still go in to shop and pick up bigger sizes! It's only when I look at old/ recent photos I can see the difference! :p

Your pics are great you look amazing, well done!

X

It's still a bit of a mental battle, still go in to shop and pick up bigger sizes! It's only when I look at old/ recent photos I can see the difference! :p

Haha yea I can imagine! All the clothes we would avoid before as well and can now get away with wearing! Brilliant feeling fitting into those smaller sizes though, you'll get used to it soon enough :).

Hey there! I bet u get this comment a lot, but I'm going to say it anyway: you look lovely in yr before photos too, and in yr after ones just awesome! Well done you, get them legs out! ;)
Xx

AMAZING! Well done

WOW, LOOKING AMAZING!!! Im just having a wee look around, trying to keep myself motivated , This has really helped, ^___^

I too am looking for motivation and good God if your photos aren't I dunno what is. You look amazing.

Back