5:2 Diet

Running tends to work ok for me. It burns the calories and helps with my shape. I don't do weights at all, maybe I should try to build a bit of muscle?

I used to love running on the treadmill. Used to do about 30 minutes, but I've got something called policemans heel and running irritates it.

Wow, never heard of it. Do you have to be a policeman to get it or is it like tennis elbow? Can't you run at all now?

Denise
X

Well is a pain Under my heel. That's what the dr called it. Running does irritate it and I find I can't walk properly. I have go walk in my toes. There us no cure. Just iboprofen to reduce inflammation. Since I've stopped running the pain has become more bearable. I could not even use the cross trainer because it hurt after running.

No u don't have to be a policemen. I suppose its like tennis elbow. Can't remember y dr called it that but it had to do with policeman.

Probably to do with them pounding 'the beat' all day, my dad was a policeman and he is completely flat footed from all the walking. Anyone else fasting today? I'm struggling with the cold :-(
No u don't have to be a policemen. I suppose its like tennis elbow. Can't remember y dr called it that but it had to do with policeman.

I really struggled with my fasts last week. Needless to say that it created a 1.6 gain. Not happy. No bloody diet seems to work. Think I might be starting the menopause, so could that be the reason.

Probably to do with them pounding 'the beat' all day, my dad was a policeman and he is completely flat footed from all the walking. Anyone else fasting today? I'm struggling with the cold :-(

I fasted today. Managed 25 hours thanks to a very long parents eve!! Stuck to 500 cals since getting home. I think I feel the cold more on fast days!! X

I struggled like mad yesterday. I was SOOO cold all day and mega grumpy (Aunt Flow's imminent arrival)

I was really good last week and didn't look at the scales at all until friday morning (I fasted tues & thurs) and I still didn't lose anything. I know someone will respond asking how many calofres I've been eating on regular days but I thought the whole point of this was that you didn't need to count calories on your non fast days. I generally eat a bagel and a banana for breakfast, tuna or cheese sarnie for lunch with a couple of biscuits, for tea it's usually something like Fish fingers beans and mash and a twix or a crunchie.

I'm fasting again today and thursday and if I've not lost anything after that I'm going back to slimming world - It might be restictive on some things each day but at least it still worked for me

Last edited:
People are advised to eat 'normally' on non fast days, unfortunately most of us end up over weight because we don't know how to eat normally.

I'd recommend calorie counting at least one day just so you know that you're staying under your recommended level

Hi Deb, have to agree with what fizzy said, we are all dieting because we can't eat 'normally', either because of portion size, eating the wrong things or putting on weight due to medical reasons. Why not try My fitness pal for a week, log everything, weigh everything and see what you are eating. At least you will know if you are over eating. No diet is one size fits all. I'm losing weight but that is due to this diet + exercise. I eat too much for it to work on its own.
I struggled like mad yesterday. I was SOOO cold all day and mega grumpy (Aunt Flow's imminent arrival)

I was really good last week and didn't look at the scales at all until friday morning (I fasted tues & thurs) and I still didn't lose anything. I know someone will respond asking how many calofres I've been eating on regular days but I thought the whole point of this was that you didn't need to count calories on your non fast days. I generally eat a bagel and a banana for breakfast, tuna or cheese sarnie for lunch with a couple of biscuits, for tea it's usually something like Fish fingers beans and mash and a twix or a crunchie.

I'm fasting again today and thursday and if I've not lost anything after that I'm going back to slimming world - It might be restictive on some things each day but at least it still worked for me

I count calories on my other days. I also use MFP to log my foods, I allow myself 1850 (although I rarely eat that weekdays, weekends I drink it....lol)

1850 is just under my tdee.

How do you work out your tdee? I've been trying to stock to 1200 on feast days, am I eating enough for it to work?

Hi Deb, have to agree with what fizzy said, we are all dieting because we can't eat 'normally', either because of portion size, eating the wrong things or putting on weight due to medical reasons. Why not try My fitness pal for a week, log everything, weigh everything and see what you are eating. At least you will know if you are over eating. No diet is one size fits all. I'm losing weight but that is due to this diet + exercise. I eat too much for it to work on its own.

Thanks folks - I already keep a food diary it just doesn't have the calorific values on non fast days. I'll go through the last week's and report back

My calories have been betweek 1200 and 1800 on feast days. I see what I weight tomorrow morning as I'm fasting today

Does anyone know if I can eat more than 500cals on a fast day if I burn it off through exercise so my net intake is still 500 or less?
Had a feast day yesterday at 1200cals and with my gym session my net I take was only 515.
Should I be eating my exercise cals?

You should try sticking to 500, exersize when fasting burns more fat, that's what they are saying on the other forum, I did the 30 day shred on a fast day and felt my appetite was surpressed for about an hour after and felt great

Back