5:2 Diet

Well I started Monday did a fast day Monday and Wednesday, had been very bad over weekend with alcohol and BBQ food, weighed this morning and I've lost 3lb!

Hi Michelle! My holiday fast day was followed being able to relax and enjoy not dieting for 4 days - I didn't go mad but didn't count and with all the extra walking I reckon I was there or thereabouts.

Hi Michelle! My holiday fast day was followed being able to relax and enjoy not dieting for 4 days - I didn't go mad but didn't count and with all the extra walking I reckon I was there or thereabouts.

Oops pressed send too soon! I'm fasting again today, got back early this morning. I'll know holiday impact in a few days after totm! Was nice to enjoy an ice cream without feeling like you have blown your diet!

Well done Lovehatecarbs!! Seems like you've got it sussed :)

I've been quite good today for a non fast day, just trying to keep an eye on what I'm eating.

I know now is the time to do something though. Last week went to my nieces birthday party and I was bringing a bowl of popcorn from the kitchen to the garden when my niece shouted "put that down you greedy pig" I was gobsmacked to the point I couldn't actually say anything but one of the other parents told her off and then today I was with my other sister and nephew in the garden centre looking to buy reclining garden chairs and as I sat in one to test it my nephew shouted "no! Your too fat, it will break!" I couldn't tell him off because he was genuinely concerned that i would break it but I could see people staring and I wanted to die..... I know they're only kids but they speak the truth and as the old saying goes, the truth hurts :( xxx

I've been quite good today for a non fast day, just trying to keep an eye on what I'm eating.

I know now is the time to do something though. Last week went to my nieces birthday party and I was bringing a bowl of popcorn from the kitchen to the garden when my niece shouted "put that down you greedy pig" I was gobsmacked to the point I couldn't actually say anything but one of the other parents told her off and then today I was with my other sister and nephew in the garden centre looking to buy reclining garden chairs and as I sat in one to test it my nephew shouted "no! Your too fat, it will break!" I couldn't tell him off because he was genuinely concerned that i would break it but I could see people staring and I wanted to die..... I know they're only kids but they speak the truth and as the old saying goes, the truth hurts :( xxx

Kids can be very cruel without any intention to hurt - I hope you find 5:2 good for you. Good luck! Fast days are tough particularly when making lunch for the rest of the family but I think I can cope 2 days a week - for me it's picking which days will be easiest!

Oh, that's awful. You poor thing. That must have been very upsetting. Good luck with the diet. I hope it goes well for you, I've found it a good way of losing weight (slow but steady for me, and I can still enjoy food!).

:)

Hi all, it's been a while so thought I'd check in;)

Welcome Emster and good luck on your 5:2 journey!
I've been following 5:2 for 11 weeks now and I've lost 1st 1lb. I am so pleased with that I can't begin to tell you! I also started doing couch to 5k and now run 3 to 4 miles three times a week. I feel awesome!
My fast days are usually Monday and Wednesday and I tend to just watch what I eat the rest of the week but if I fancy an ice cream or a crusty cob, I'll have it but in moderation.

Its been a revelation and I recommend 5:2 to everyone, lol;) xxx

Hey mishelly, I'm impressed with both the loss & the running! Well done you! :)

I'm pleased to report that I lost 2.6lb this week, which has to be my best ever loss! Really wasn't expecting it as had 3 terrible UDs - tried to make up for it by adding an extra DD & an ID, so maybe I just got much more of a swing effect this week & that helped?

X

Hi all you fasters, thought I'd check in and update with my progress. I was around during the start of this thread as I began the 5:2 at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately after persevering for 3 months I had to ditch the diet. I am a bit of a binge eater and I was just feeling too deprived on fast days so would overcompensate on feed days by binging quite badly. I'm now following SW/healthy eating and the weight is dropping well - and I'm not binging. I really envy those of you following 5:2 successfully but it just wasn't for me.

I found the same thing, so I experimented with the kcal levels on a fast day and as long as my kcals were between 500-1000 I didn't binge the next day :) worked out at about 45% of my "normal" non diet kcals and after reading various things - I would still get the benefits maybe not as great as others but not missing out. At the moment I'm just doing 1 day but will up it to 2 days soon :)

Cup of something hot (tea, coffee, soup?) and another layer of clothes .. Hope you last :)

Fasting today & really struggling - I have no motivation for it at all today, & nearly caved in a few minutes ago. I'm tired, its not helping my concentration and I'm getting cold. Can I last? Not sure......

Bbrrr how you doing? I'm cold too, thinking when I do break my fast I might go for a big bowl of veg soup to warm me up and then a mushroom omelette, nom

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cup of something hot (tea, coffee, soup?) and another layer of clothes .. Hope you last :)

Hi - thanks! I made it - just!! I took your advice, amde a herbal tea & went to a meeting to take my mind off it. Was close though - I was eyeing up the food I keep in my drawer, and nearly went for it!

Bbrrr how you doing? I'm cold too, thinking when I do break my fast I might go for a big bowl of veg soup to warm me up and then a mushroom omelette, nom

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah, its hard when its cold! Way easier in the summer. I had proper winter food when I got home, so probably way over my 500 cals :-((

Hi I'm just joining in.. doesn't look to be many here lol! I started last Monday but only had one fast day, had 2 this week am doing Mondays and Thursdays. Have lost 1.5 lbs over that time, well I hope its gone anyway! (yoyo-ing up and down lol). I am trying to get towards 9 1/2 stone and can never get under 10. I was under briefly this week lol!! Will see how the trend goes and pray its downwards! :)

Back