5 months - time to start planning

egbert

Silver Member
Week, well I have gone from saying that we are marrying sometime next year ( OH wanted nov ) to finding a lovely venue with one free date and a great offer, so now we have a date

2 march!

5 months, OMG, and I don't have anything organised or chosen. I haven't tried on a dress, or found a ring!

Time to get started!

Oh, and 2 stone to lose AND I need to get OH started - he wants to lose 4 stone and has NO willpower.

Can it be done!?

Well - kicked off today by phoning the venue to confirm, then the registrar to book them in and pay the deposit, the registers office in this county to make an appointment to fill in the legalities . . .

I have assigned my mate to look into flowers for the season, and look at alternatives to table flowers (I like the idea of balloons) and I have made an appointment to go try on dresses . . .

Now I am going to have a search for honeymoons and see what possibilities there are . . .

Oh - and also sent off 3 job apps since I am being made redundant in Nov. Busy busy :)

Been trying on dresses today. And I did feel quite good in myself, looked much better in the mirror than I expected. And all the more determined one to lose the next stone!

How are you ladies getting on?

Another dress shop tomorrow - still not found the one, and the shops keep telling me that I need to be ordering now for March. Uh oh.

I am really struggling, been stuck on the same weight for a week. Why is it all stopped?! Not helped today by a mates leaving lunch, although I tried to be relatively good with a salad.

Went to the national wedding show yesterday. Loads of dresses and I felt a bit lost amongst all the frill. Then we went to a dress shop and my mum suggested I try on a completely different style, which of course looked much better. So 5 shops in and I am now starting again with a different dress in mind. Of course I loved the one in the shop but it was £2000 - I was planning on about £350 max!

Still no dress and 4.5 months to the wedding! Aaaarrgghh

Back