5 stones to go. IMITT!!

Hi Happygolucky. You've still done really well. You'll soon lose those 3lbs again.

Well a friends wedding is in 2 weeks and I have nothing to wear so I am doing a fast till her wedding to get into an old outfit. I actually love fasting (weird right?) Cos I do it for spiritual and physical reasons. When I have something I want to achieve I find that fasting puts me in a positive frame of mind. Today is day 2 of my fast and it has been tough. I just keep remembering all the times that I broke a fast before I was supposed to and how bad I ended up feeling and its keeping me going for now. Anyway I was 176lbs yesterday morning. Gained 2lbs over the last week because I was excessive started eating bread and junk again. Good news is I lost 3lbs on my first day of fasting. Wouldn't it be great if I could lose 3lbs everyday to the wedding? Wishful thinking!

I have given myself a target of 149lbs before my holiday in a month so I will do a 30day countdown of being healthy and exercising and see how close I get to that weight. After that my last hurdle will be 6weeks to drop the other 30lbs before Jan 1st.

DAY ONE

SW: 176lbs
CW; 173lbs
TW: 149lbs
Loss 3lbs, To go 24lbs

I could never do that - I've never gone a whole day without food - think I would collapse in a heap! Don't you just put the weight back on when you start eating again? Do you drink lots of water? Lots of questions cos I'm interested...

Hey Meltdown. For my fast I don't eat before 6PM. I have only water when I wake up then at 6pm I have just one meal. Even if after the meal I feel hungry a few hours later, I just try and contain myself and meditate. Yesterday I had sauteed vegetables, roast chicken breast and french fries that's all I have eaten till my next meal. I have noticed once I start eating early in the morning I continue eating everything the WHOLE day.

This weight loss journey is so difficult just wish I could blink like Jeanie or twitch my nose and miraculously be 120lbs. I have lost 20lbs in 6weeks but still have 50lbs to go before the end of the year. Food is like my best friend sometimes. I just eat out of boredom, anger, depression, laziness, fear and so many other negative emotions. I need to retrain my body to eat for the right reasons I.e. Hunger. Once I am able to do that the weight loss should come easily.

Anyway have lost an additional 3lbs.

DAY 3
CW: 170lbs
Loss: 6lbs, To go: 21lbs

Another day begins in this journey. I am down to 168lbs just 19lbs to get to a normal bmi. Fingers crossed!

DAY FIVE
CW: 168lbs
Loss: 8lbs, To go: 19lbs

My title should be 3.5 stones to go! have lost a total of 23lbs since September 1st. My tummy feels a lot slimmer. There's a long way to go but at least a marked improvement. After 8days of my 30day fast, I've lost 9lbs.

Day 8
CW: 167lbs
Loss: 9lbs, To go: 18lbs

Last edited:
My mother kept her weight stable (on the slightly overweight level) for years just eating one large meal a day in the evening, with sometimes some chocolate during the evening also. She was 82 when she died so it's obviously not a huge no-no.

Lost some more. Currently at 164lbs. My brother noticed that I have lost some weight which was nice and I am getting my confidence back and not feeling as agoraphobic due to being FAT!!! Actually wore a nice black dress to dinner this evening which I havent worn in over a year when I was about 155lbs.

Day 11
CW: 164lbs
Loss: 12lbs, To go: 15lbs

Hiya! I am still here. Still at 164 though just trying to maintain before I get into a new phase of weight loss. Had to cancel my holiday because I have soo much work to do and no point going on holiday and thinking about work. Have managed to lose 26lbs in 2 months and although I am still overweight I feel great! More confidence, more pride in my appearance and more positive about life in general. I thank God for my progress so far and i am optimistic that I will reach my target weight.

Lost additional 5lbs. Still here!!

Hello All.

I have been a bit quiet i know, just still trying to lose weight. I have lost an additional 5lbs. So my total is 31lbs lost to date, almost at the halfway point!!

SW: 190lbs
CW: 159lbs
Loss: 31lbs
To go: 39lbs

Hi, im new, just read this thread, I also have an aim to lose 70 lbs in total, lost 10 lbs in the first 10 days, but like yourself, I'm expecting it to slow down, a stone a month would be lovely! But my more realistic target for me is September this year. My problem is as much as a put weight on too quickly, I get it off to quick, hence vicious spiral! Good luck, and a huge congrats on how well you've done so far x

Back