5'5 People..Whats your target?

Toola-Roola

Hi all,

I never thought I'd get to this point where I am starting to think about a final target.

At the beginning, I had the same goals as most people I guess - 1/2 stone off, first stone, 10% etc. I've managed those and am now approaching 20% off and wondering about my final target.

For this height, a "healthy" weight is apparently between 8st 8lbs and 10st 10lbs.

I am not going for 8st 8lbs - I have never been that small and dont think it would suit me. I'd love to be 9 stone something as I've never been single figures as far as I can remember.

I'm going for the top end first 10st 10lbs and see how I feel.

Whats your final target going to be?

Lula x

I'm looking to lose 10 stone which will get me to 10.5 stone.

I will decide then what I will settle at long term, but for now thats my goal :D

I'm a bit smaller at 5'3 but I'm currently 10 st 9lbs (just re-started after a long time off SW!).

I got down to 9 stone before with slimming world (years ago!) and that felt great but still not quite right, so I'm aiming for 8st 10lbs. To get into the 9's, and then under the 9's for the first time ever, would be amazing! Definately need to incorporate exercise too tho as I still had wobbly bits at 9st!

I've never weighed less than 13st so I think 11st would be the lowest weight my body could achieve without starving myself. To be honest though, I'd be ecstatic just to get to 13st again.

It's a tricky one - I was around 12st when I got married and I looked really skinny so think I'll aim for 12st, and maybe get to 11st but can't see that I'll ever get into even mid range of the BMI.

I'm 5'4" and in a similar boat to you trying to decide what I'd like to be. I always thought 9 stone 13 would be great and it actually feels vaguely achievable now. We'll see.

Cheers
Vicky

I've never been under 11st 13lb so its hard to imagine being any smaller, I am 13st 12lb at the moment and I reckon around 10 st might be good for me but I spose i'll see when i get there x

im 5ft 5 and my target is 9 stone 6lbs......i wanted to be somewhere around the middle of the healthy weight.
im currently 10stone 2lbs(having started on 5th april weighing 12 stone 13.5lbs).

I was actually given my ideal weight by my nurse when I last went for my pill, which was 68kg, which converts to 9 st 7 - so I went for that. Currently at 10 st 1 so only 8lbs away!

Dont know how it was worked out though, I think it might just be something in the middle of the healthy BMI.

I'm actually tempted to make it a bit higher though - reason being, I'd like to reach target, but I also would like the option to reset target once I get there - and with the minimum of 7lbs to change target - I think that 9 st is possibly a bit low for me to achieve.

I'm a bit smaller at 5'3 but I'm currently 10 st 9lbs (just re-started after a long time off SW!).

I got down to 9 stone before with slimming world (years ago!) and that felt great but still not quite right, so I'm aiming for 8st 10lbs. To get into the 9's, and then under the 9's for the first time ever, would be amazing! Definately need to incorporate exercise too tho as I still had wobbly bits at 9st!

I'm at that stage too where I am thinking it doesn't really matter what weight I get to, it's still going to be wobbly if I dont get the exercise sorted.

I've never weighed less than 13st so I think 11st would be the lowest weight my body could achieve without starving myself. To be honest though, I'd be ecstatic just to get to 13st again.

I know what you mean. I may have been smaller than 11 stone but I dont remember it, it's going to be a scary time being under that.

It's a tricky one - I was around 12st when I got married and I looked really skinny so think I'll aim for 12st, and maybe get to 11st but can't see that I'll ever get into even mid range of the BMI.

People are telling me I look skinny, I've never been called that! I dont think I ma skinny though, I know I am wobbly and need to sort out my tummy, bum and thighs.

I'm 5'4" and in a similar boat to you trying to decide what I'd like to be. I always thought 9 stone 13 would be great and it actually feels vaguely achievable now. We'll see.

Cheers
Vicky

It's quiet scary isn't knowing that target is so close.

When I first joined I never imagined it could work and would have been happy losing half a stone. I never thought that this year I could be slim, I thought it would take forever.

I am aiming for 10 stone but I have quite a big frame so I might decide I look too thin nearer the time.

I think I am big framed too, which is why I struggle to imagine being 9stone something. But maybe I'm not really big framed..it may just be an excuse I've been telling myself LOL!

I've never been under 11st 13lb so its hard to imagine being any smaller, I am 13st 12lb at the moment and I reckon around 10 st might be good for me but I spose i'll see when i get there x

Thats where I'm at now, tbh I should just be glad that I am smaller than I was at the beginning of the year - that in itself is an achievement.

Back