5'5 People..Whats your target?

im 5ft 5 and my target is 9 stone 6lbs......i wanted to be somewhere around the middle of the healthy weight.
im currently 10stone 2lbs(having started on 5th april weighing 12 stone 13.5lbs).

You've done really well.

I am thinking of setting my target at about 10st 2lbs - it'll be 30% weight loss which sounds good to me.

I was actually given my ideal weight by my nurse when I last went for my pill, which was 68kg, which converts to 9 st 7 - so I went for that. Currently at 10 st 1 so only 8lbs away!

Dont know how it was worked out though, I think it might just be something in the middle of the healthy BMI.

I'm actually tempted to make it a bit higher though - reason being, I'd like to reach target, but I also would like the option to reset target once I get there - and with the minimum of 7lbs to change target - I think that 9 st is possibly a bit low for me to achieve.

I asked my C about target and changing it and she never said anything to me about the 7lbs.

I may set mine at 10st 2lbs, this way I can move 3lbs up and down so still have the opportunity to say I am 9st something at times LOL!

I'm just a bit taller (5' 6"), and I've set my target for the very low end of my ideal weight band. I'm aiming for 9st - I'm currently 10st 4.5lbs and it still seems so far away!!

I am 5'5 and my target is 10 st 8, I originally was going to set it at 10 10 but suddenly dropped to 10 8 one week and set it there. I am big framed and actually struggle to keep my self in my target range . Ideally I would like to get to the bottom of my target range but I am not sure that is even feasable, I run a lot and i am quite muscular and have only been under 10 st 3 times since i was 12 and then each time after starving myself and soon as i started eating properly i regained.

I asked my C about target and changing it and she never said anything to me about the 7lbs.

I may set mine at 10st 2lbs, this way I can move 3lbs up and down so still have the opportunity to say I am 9st something at times LOL!

I was actually given my ideal weight by my nurse when I last went for my pill, which was 68kg, which converts to 9 st 7 - so I went for that. Currently at 10 st 1 so only 8lbs away!

Dont know how it was worked out though, I think it might just be something in the middle of the healthy BMI.

I'm actually tempted to make it a bit higher though - reason being, I'd like to reach target, but I also would like the option to reset target once I get there - and with the minimum of 7lbs to change target - I think that 9 st is possibly a bit low for me to achieve.

Didnt quite remember my ideal weight correctly - it was 60.8 kg, not 68 (disappointed none of you spotted it!):p

I think the thing with target may be dependent on your consultant - as I have heard some people on here say that their consultant has let them change their target by less then 7lbs - but it is mentioned in one of the books somewhere, so that is the official stance. It does seem a bit daft to me - you might want to drop your target to something you are happier with, but 7lbs is quite a lot - you would end up having to hover around 3lbs under you target to be closer to where you want to be but still be a target member and not have to pay - as SW want to encourage target members to stay and come to group as they are inspiring to other members seems daft to be so restrictive in that respect

Didnt quite remember my ideal weight correctly - it was 60.8 kg, not 68 (disappointed none of you spotted it!):p
You beat me by literally a minute!! I was just quoting you to say that it was the wrong conversion and read through the replies before posting and saw you'd posted this :p

I'm aiming for 10st 10lbs and will see how I feel when I get there. It seems such a long way off right now, I'll be thrilled when I'm no longer obese, let alone when I'm no longer overweight!!

I'm 5'4" so a bit shorter, and would love to be around 9 stone - 11st 11lbs at the minute, down from 12st 5lbs last week. Just changing from 12st to 11st has made me much more focussed now :) Looking at a steady 1-2lbs each week until I'm there :)

You can change your target by less than 7 pounds IF you are already within the correct BMI but nto all consultants seem to know this. Otherwise it is in 7 pound increments.

That's useful to know and makes much more sense - in a way its beneficial for SW to change their target as its a few more weeks of £4.95 for them!

Think I will chat to my consultant about it next week - I'm only 5.5lbs off my current target and planning on getting a 6 week countdown to get there, then see how I feel (have my wedding and a 3 week honeymoon in the states in amongst that lot though, so even with holiday, will probably need more than one 6 week countdown to get there!)

I'm 5'7, when I got married I was around 10 stone so that's my first goal. I still felt big at 10 stone so ultimately I'd like to be 9 stone. Will see how it goes when I reach the 10 stone goal!

I’m 5’5”. About 10 years ago when I did SW last I got down to 9 and a half stone and was happy there but I did think as I’m a bit older I’d cut myself some slack and not try to be quite so slim so I set my target for 10 stone. Now that I’m here I feel like I might as well try to get a bit lower to see if I’m happier with the way I look instead of compromising. My problem is that I carry a lot of my weight on my legs (I will never be able to wear a miniskirt!) so while I’m quite small on top (bra size 30DD) and can (just about) fit into size 10 trousers, my legs are still very chunky. I figure this last half stone has to come off my legs although deep down I know that this is just the way my body is and there’s not much I can do about it really. I used to do a lot of running (half marathons & stuff) and I still had chubby legs.

I think it’s very much to do with your frame and your body shape and how you feel about yourself when you look in the mirror. Everyone tells me I look fine as I am but it’s your own head you’ve got to make peace with. Of course I might change my mind about the whole 9 and a half stone thing once I have to try to maintain it!

I am far too hungry a person to even contemplate getting lower than 9 and a half stone and it seems to have taken me ages to get to where I am so I think it would be very unrealistic to aim lower. I’d also run the risk of looking too scrawny on top – I already have collar bones that you could put a coat hanger on :eek:

Back