5ft 4", 14st and 30 something.. anyone else?

mel1

Im short and fat :wave_cry: and in need of people who are in similar/same situation as myself to give/recieve support as required, its not as though i dont appreciate all the support from everyone on this site but i would just like to be able to compare weight losses with people who are same height weight age ratio please ............... is there anybody out there ?????:sign0163:

Hiya Mel.

I pretty much fit those criteria, although I'm around 13.5 stone now, but I started out at nearly 15.5 stone. But I am 5'4" & 30-something. I won't say exactly what the something is, but having dieted several times before, I can say with absolute certainty that my age is against me this time around in losing the weight.

Also, I have an almost 2 year old, and my body shape changed hugely after I had him. So before I carried most of the weight on my bum & thighs, and the weight dropped from them with a bit of walking. This time around I have it much more around the middle and upper body/arms/neck area etc and it sometimes feels like it's not shifting from there at all.

I'm aiming for 7lbs for the month of June, but my weight loss has actually been only a little over half a pound on average for the last few weeks, so the 7lbs seem a bit unrealistic, but I won't know unless I give it my best shot.

How has your weigh loss rate been recently? Has it slowed down a lot? Did you start out with a big loss and then almost nothing for weeks on end?

Hi thanks for answering my plea :)

you have done brilliant to lose all the weight you have already.

I was 15.4 when I started and it has been a lot slower than when I dieted all the other times before I have had 100% weeks and sts or even gained, where as in the past I could cheat a little and get away with it that is a definate no no nowadays

I know what you mean about the weight clinging to different parts of the body as I used to have a little waist and now my hubby needs bionic arms to give me a hug

I guess it's harder having a young child my youngest is nine so I cannot call my excess weight post pregnancy weight anymore lol

Hope to write again soon

Hopefully I'm going to change shape totally I've lost 16.5 lb and I can already really feel the difference... no longer gonna have those horrible statistics yeehaa

Me, I am! I can't reply properly now as I'm on my phone but I fit your description and need some support too. Will reply properly tomorrow. Well done on your weight loss so far. That's fab x

kiz8888 said:
Me, I am! I can't reply properly now as I'm on my phone but I fit your description and need some support too. Will reply properly tomorrow. Well done on your weight loss so far. That's fab x

Hi yeehaa someone the same this is what is needed, people can offer all sorts of advice , and believe me I'm really grateful but until someone is similar statistically then I don't think you can compare losses and discuss why things work / don't work

I had been an avid minimims fan but the last week I haven't really been on it with one thing and another at home but I'm going to be right back on top of it now so I look forward to hearing from you again and hopefully we will both soon be losing our way to target xx

Hi, sorry i've not replied before now. Have had a busy few days. I disappointingly put on 1.5lbs this week (totally expected but I was still disappointed) so i'm back on it full form since thursday.

What plan do you follow mainly? I normally do green days although recently I've been having some EE days so I can have a big brekkie in the morning that sets me up for the day.

How've you been doing lately? I'm 14st 5.5lbs now after my gain this week. Sometimes I feel like i'm never going to lose this weight and it really depresses me.

Oh oh this is me too lol! I have a 30 something birthday next month and I'm 5 4 and I'm urn, well - I'm fat lol! Not for much longer tho 21lb down 21 to go

I've been doing terribly this week and have been pretty much off plan all week. I really don't know what's wrong with me and need a good kick up the bum!! It's my weigh day on wednesday and am dreading it as I know i'm in for another big gain. Got a wedding to go to on saturday and managed to get a size 16 dress and now it's going to look awful on me as I've just not been trying. I'll be good tomorrow, for all the good it'll do.

How're you all getting on?

Angela, well done on your loss so far...sounds like you're doing really well.

kiz8888 said:
I've been doing terribly this week and have been pretty much off plan all week. I really don't know what's wrong with me and need a good kick up the bum!! It's my weigh day on wednesday and am dreading it as I know i'm in for another big gain. Got a wedding to go to on saturday and managed to get a size 16 dress and now it's going to look awful on me as I've just not been trying. I'll be good tomorrow, for all the good it'll do.

How're you all getting on?

Angela, well done on your loss so far...sounds like you're doing really well.

Don't give up I got married 1.5 yes ago and my dress was a 16 and I sort of lost track nearing the date and needed a tie back put in because I would have burst the zip this is one of the biggest regrets of that time because I just see a quitter when I look at my photos... don't let this be you .... I hope this will encorage you to be good on the plan then I won't feel like it was a total failure ( having said that hubby and myself love each other what ever size so I guess I never gave him false hopes by slimming down then regaining lol)

Angela2107 said:
Oh oh this is me too lol! I have a 30 something birthday next month and I'm 5 4 and I'm urn, well - I'm fat lol! Not for much longer tho 21lb down 21 to go

21lb that's fantastic well done .. Do you feel lots different?

kiz8888 said:
Hi, sorry i've not replied before now. Have had a busy few days. I disappointingly put on 1.5lbs this week (totally expected but I was still disappointed) so i'm back on it full form since thursday.

What plan do you follow mainly? I normally do green days although recently I've been having some EE days so I can have a big brekkie in the morning that sets me up for the day.

How've you been doing lately? I'm 14st 5.5lbs now after my gain this week. Sometimes I feel like i'm never going to lose this weight and it really depresses me.

I know how you feel sometimes it's like one step forward and two steps back but I think doing green all the time ( I can't stand meat ) doesn't help cos it bloats your belly with all the carbs but don't worry your gain is minimal and you will soon get it off again just don't give up hope ... Sometime I wish I could just grow 6 inches taller then I would just look more stretched out and wouldn't have to diet lol

Hi all - alright if I pop in here occasionally too?

I'm 5ft 3.5ins (and a tiny bit more). I'm 30-*cough* and currently at 13st 1.5lb. I started out SW in March at 14st 3.5lb but had been slimming very badly on and off for about 18 (yes, eighteen) months in which I managed to get down from 14st 13.

I'm finding my weight is going off slowly and steadily, which I know is how we're meant to do it to keep it off, but I do get a bit frustrated I'm not whizzing along as fast as I'd like.

Thing I'm finding hard to get my head around which some of you may be able to relate to is although my measurements are only dropping by the odd inch or so I'm able to get into clothes up to 2 sizes smaller than when I started. Is anyone else finding this or am I just a bit weird?

I've been told it's about a 10lb loss per dress size, but obviously as we're slightly shorter than most this is probably going to vary a bit. I've done 16lb so should be just approaching 2 dress sizes now. I've gone down from an 18/20 to 16 and am able to squeeze into a 14 depending on shop and material (I have a pair of stretchy size 14 jeans that fit very nicely!?!?!)

Trying my hardest to come on this site more often as I know it keeps me straight and focussed on the plan.

Zoe
x

Howdy Mel and other vertically challenged ladies.

I'm still short and fat and even had a small gain this week, but really, really, really hoping to reverse that and more next week. A few of us seem to have started out with similar enough weights, as well as similar heights, so this is actually a really good thread to keep going. I must check in more often.

Minus3.5, I'm beyond confused about clothes sizes and how much weight equals a dress size. I have lost 31lbs and am 1 full size down in trousers, from a 20 to 18, but not enough to squeeze into a 16. Having said that, I have a 16s that I used to wear up to about 30 weeks pregnancy (not maternity wear, just a cheap pair I bought at the time) and they are falling off me now.

Also, I was in New Look last week, which I always hear people say are generous with their sizing, and really liked 1 top that I was going to buy. I held up the size 18 and thought it looked a bit small so went with the 20. No joy. The 22 was also a bit snug. I drew the line at wearing a size 24. I had intended wearing it out on Friday night (I don't get out much :cry:) but I knew I would be obsessed with the size on the tag and it would ruin the night, so I figured I'd wear something I already have. I usually wear a size 18-20 on top, but have some few tops that are 16 now.

I also sometimes feel like I'm only losing weight on my face and I'm looking a bit gaunt. Anyone else feel they already look older? I don't want to look older. I want to be the weight I was and look EXACTLY like I did when I was 27!

Hi ...i'm 38...39 next week ouch! I'm 5ft 4 and when I started in october I was 14 stone 3... I'm now 11 stone 2! So popping in to say we can get there! even though i'm not "there" yet, but I can certainly see the light at the end of the tunnel now!
I am so so happy today...bought a tiny looking size 12 pair of jeans as my next target...they fit perfectly already!
This is going to sound silly but the part of me that looks older are my hands! lol My face has changed a lot, but the big difference is how healthy my skin looks!
Keep going everyone ;) xx

Hiya everyone it's lovely to hear from people similar to myself and to hear of peoples success it's really encoraging ... I hope to wave goodbye to being fat and thirty and hello to being fit and thirty (something)
going on towards a non flabby, totally fabby forty xx

Hi all! Just popped in (again) to say how wonderful this thread is! Its great to have support from ppl the same height age and weight! Come on ladies! We can do it xxx

Back