5th weigh in and ducolax not for me

anne-mariep

Silver Member
well where to start last nite i took a ducolax coz i felt really constipated. i was feeling grand dis morning until half 7 wen i was on the way to work. Anyhow wasnt pretty i even got sick it was horrible. so i was sent home from work but as i live an hour drive from work i had to stay in the canteen until i felt well enough to get a taxi to my nanny's house.

I had to get shakes for next week so i went to the pharmacy and i was kinda concerned about getting sick. i told her all about it and she said i must have a weak stomach and am NEVER to take ducolax again as obviously my body cant take it. She seemed very concerned coz she's never heard of anyone vomiting after taking it.

So i had my weigh in anyway lost 5lbs shock but as i was sick that morning so much and the fact i had my weigh in at a different time than normal i will prob lose much less next week.

Sorry about the essay. hoping ill be better tomorrow as if not i was advised to stop lipotrim NOOO! Im pretty sure ill be fine but fingers crossed!

If anyone actually read to the end of this rant thanks so much!

Ducolax can make you feel like that and especially on LT too as we dont have much inside us to take it.... I took them once or twice and went white and the cramps were awfull... they are really strong.. Maybe try senokot they are not as strong and dont get cramps on them either....

well done on your loss x

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about you being unwell! I've taken Dulcolax before & the experience was not too pleasant!! Heh.

Well done on your loss, that's great & I hope you feel better soon :)

Hannah

yeah i tried senokot too pretty similar. the pharmacist wants me to try a more natural remedy next time.

Im feeling a lot better gonna go to bed now coz she said id be better off if i slept alot. already slept a good bit but still very drained.

Thanks guys.

God, you poor pet. That sounds a pretty awful experience. For a natural option why not try psyllium husk capsules. I take two every day and when I start to feel very bunged up I take three a day for a couple of days. Constipation is terrible and it's hard to know if the cure is worse than the complaint.

God, you poor pet. That sounds a pretty awful experience. For a natural option why not try psyllium husk capsules. I take two every day and when I start to feel very bunged up I take three a day for a couple of days. Constipation is terrible and it's hard to know if the cure is worse than the complaint.

I must try them too.... if i leave it too long then its torture haha so have to try prevent....

well where to start last nite i took a ducolax coz i felt really constipated. i was feeling grand dis morning until half 7 wen i was on the way to work. Anyhow wasnt pretty i even got sick it was horrible. so i was sent home from work but as i live an hour drive from work i had to stay in the canteen until i felt well enough to get a taxi to my nanny's house.

I had to get shakes for next week so i went to the pharmacy and i was kinda concerned about getting sick. i told her all about it and she said i must have a weak stomach and am NEVER to take ducolax again as obviously my body cant take it. She seemed very concerned coz she's never heard of anyone vomiting after taking it.

So i had my weigh in anyway lost 5lbs shock but as i was sick that morning so much and the fact i had my weigh in at a different time than normal i will prob lose much less next week.

Sorry about the essay. hoping ill be better tomorrow as if not i was advised to stop lipotrim NOOO! Im pretty sure ill be fine but fingers crossed!

If anyone actually read to the end of this rant thanks so much!

Sorry to hear you were ill, hope you are feeling better now?
I had terrible constipation at the end of my second week, in fact it got so bad I had to go to the emergency dept and was given enemas. I still worry that it will happen again, so I have tried anything & everything including dulcolax. I have found that the best thing for me is to take 1 or 2 natural (not orange or lemon) fybogel sachets each day. My pharmasist suggested them to me as I am still feeling constipated each week or so. They are effective but gentle, and I think that's what you need.

Clair x

awww hunniiieeee

Sorry to hear you had a bad day today, well guess what? I have had a similar day. I hope you feel better, those tablets can be harsh on your body sometimes. What I hate is, every time there is something wrong with someone they are always told to stop the diet and they always link it with Lipotrim. I think it is just easier for them to blame something in their face rather than find out the real cause.

Get well soon babes
xxxx

Aw hun,

sorry you had such a horrible experience- but the 5lbs loss is fantastic.

Feel better soon hun

xxx

Hiya

I tried Dulcolax last weekend and suffered quite similarly. I had tried 1 tablet a few weeks ago and it did not seem to do very much so I thought that this time I would try 2 tablets. I took them around 10.00am on Saturday and at around 5pm was suffering really awful cramping pains. I did actually pass something, but had to go back to the toilet several times in an hour, passing something each time. On about the 3rd or 4th time I was throwing up too.. Not much and mostly liquid but it was quite violent. I ended the evening in bed feeling totally exhausted. I don't think that I will try them again and will look to get some physillium husks and try those. Senna did not do much for me either.

Hope you are feeling better now - I am.

You poor thing!! You must have a delicate tummy, and natural solutions would be your best bet I think?
I had bad constipation on LT and the only thing that would work was 3 ducolax once a week!! I truly have the constitution of an ox! LOL!

Thanks everyone. i have to say the last 2 days have been really hard ive hardly had enough energy to lift my arms. i know its coz i lost all my nutrients on wed but i have to say this sucks ive never felt like i needed food more but i will not let the need take over from the fact i cant stop now im nearly half way there. im glad someone else suffered the way i did means i know i can get threw this.

i pray my energy comes back soon coz this not being able to do anything is killing me i cant even go on my vibroplate.

well im def staying away from ducolax after them horror stories! has anyone tried fibreclear? i was given a free sachet when i started in case i get constipated, hope if i do use it there are no nasty side effects!

Poor you , hope you are feeling better, dulcolax is quite strong as others have said, fybogel is better i find senna gives gripes too, :-(

the pharmacist suggested fibroclear she said it brings a more natural relief but im not allowed anything for a good while. she even said stay away from peppermint tea. Ive heard a few people on this saying fibroclear is crap if you have a free sachet i wud give it a whirl wish my pharmacist gave me some free stuff. haha!

i find movicol to be good for softening stuff up and getting things moving

Back