6 months to sexy

Just thinking about syns, what is the best amount to have 10 or 15?? when i went to group last year i was told to aim for 10 but a lot of ppl seem to go for 15? slightly confuzzled

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck with weigh in big bear mine is tomorrow night and I'm dreading it lol! Xx

Gemma I think it depends on yourself but when I have about 9 or 10 syns I tend to lose a lot more than when I have 15 xx

katiem said:
Gemma I think it depends on yourself but when I have about 9 or 10 syns I tend to lose a lot more than when I have 15 xx

Makes sense, thanks. I suppose it depends on your individual weight and stuff
X

thanks for the welcome back guys, nice to know i was missed :)

real shame that we've lost some members, life gets in the way sometimes but hoping they'll be back soon. everyone whose still hanging in there, good on ya! lets get SEXY...only 4mts to go!!!

went back to spin class today, wow love it!! cant wait to go back on tuesday for the hour special.

have a good night peeps, better get some beauty sleep before my kids get up at 5:30:eek:

Good morning ladies :)
Just wanted to say good luck for a 100% day and have a good one

Been up to do my exercise this morning. Feeling awake for once!

:) x

Elaine I save my syns to the evening mostly as that's when I want to pick/eat I use 10 syns then & I usually have 5 syns to spare to cover anything I forgot to add (i.e. if I pick at 1 or 2 of my wee ones sweets etc) I do mostly red days with the odd green day, I've not been to class to get the book for EE & I'm more disciplined this way.

I had a bit of a mix up today with my red/green days but am within my syns. I had mushy pea curry & already had a clear out (sorry TMI lol)

I've WI in the morning & want to get at least 2.5lbs so I can get into the 13's...haven't been 13st something for many many years....also my 7lb target for this month is slipping away...

I've been 100% maybe 5 days out of 7 on the other 2 days maybe went over syns by 2...so fingers crossed XXXXXX

Good luck good luck good luck! Hope you are into the 13's!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info re syns. I really think I am an all or nothign type of person.. I often save them up/try not to have any at all and then end up splurging. Grr..

Hi guys. Well yet again here am to confess my syns.
I thought I was in the zone this week, but apparently not. After your I have been trying really hard this week (food diary is in my sig ) and limiting my syns, to hopefully turn this week (well the effects of the 10 days and 4lb gain and then additional 5 days of plan!) around.
However, we went to Frankie and Bennies yesterday, and while I stuck to a salad I could not resist sharing some dessert. I am SO mad at myself, not least because I felt really guilty almost immediately after.
I know it’s only a brownie and would not sabotage my whole week (if I was on a normal week) but it just highlights how much self control I lack, and I am feeling so down about the fact that I *couldn’t* help myself, rather than how many syns were in the dessert.
I’m posting it in here because I don’t want to go off on a splurge and eat my feelings and then feel too embarrassed to post again!
I don’t even know what to say – it feels like a vicious cycle. I don’t know, I expected that to go when I joined a ‘slimming club’, if that makes sense.. but in a way it is just worse

I know how frustrated you feel Ela ine. You are not the only one and well done for facing up to it. We are all getting better at controlling ourselves and the occasional blip is a useful reminder to be on our guard.
Don't worry about it, just plan some strategies in for next time!
Tx

Elaine don't feel guilty, like you said you've been really good for the rest of the week. I think we all deserve at least 1 treat! Why don't you say that on one day of each week you are going to have that pudding or chocolate or whatever it is you fancy? Don't let yourself get to the point where you feel like you can't have anything or you'll give up altogether! Xxx

Thanks for the recipes! I need to try some, especially the fake donut :)

How's everyone doing with food diaries? Do most of you do EE days?

I think I'm doing okay so far (red days) and have started noting it down on here too! It's just the syns! With not having any in the day I seem to feel like I 'need' to have them at night... Not because I'm hungry - because I haven't had any syns! Does anyone else get like this? Or do you use them throughout the day in your food?

Going to Hoover up and cook some veggies now :) good luck everyone xx

Please can someone sum up the rules of red days only? I'm still very new and only know how to do EE, which I'm not really succeeding on, keep craving my favourite foods.
My worst problems are white bread and lurpak spreadable. I haven't bought white bread since starting this and have tried Warburtons wholemeal (hate it), kingsmill 50/50 crusts off (which at least gets a bit of wholemeal into me!) and the latest one is weightwatchers white danish, which i thought would be better as the size of bread is tiny. But i don't really enjoy that either :(
I love pasta and rice. Would i be better on green days? I hate vegetables so maybe not, can have leeks, spring onions, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes but thats about it!
Hmm i'm so confused but don't seem to have got in the 'zone' yet. I only lost 1lb in my first week and i'm worried for this weds WI cos i'm not been 100% although I have done my best. Had ngt at friends sat where i did have a few wines but she made chilli and i don't think can have been that bad...she's very health conscious so I reckon she would've used lean mince etc. I was worrying about that ngt but don't think it can have been that bad. Any advice would help girls, I need 3 regimented days now till Weds and don't know whether to do EE, red or green. Thanks!

I know how frustrated you feel Ela ine. You are not the only one and well done for facing up to it. We are all getting better at controlling ourselves and the occasional blip is a useful reminder to be on our guard.
Don't worry about it, just plan some strategies in for next time!
Tx

ah thanks hun, just felt so bad like I literally had to *confess* about it. I'm having issues with food this week - think because I had such a bad 2 and a gain.

Thanks lovely!

Elaine don't feel guilty, like you said you've been really good for the rest of the week. I think we all deserve at least 1 treat! Why don't you say that on one day of each week you are going to have that pudding or chocolate or whatever it is you fancy? Don't let yourself get to the point where you feel like you can't have anything or you'll give up altogether! Xxx

Thanks Katie, you're right, I think this week because I'm trying to turn it around it feels like I *can't* have anything, which makes me want things (that sometimes I don't even like :sigh:) even more.

I really need to plan and be focused.

Thanks so much for the support.

Please can someone sum up the rules of red days only? I'm still very new and only know how to do EE, which I'm not really succeeding on, keep craving my favourite foods.
My worst problems are white bread and lurpak spreadable. I haven't bought white bread since starting this and have tried Warburtons wholemeal (hate it), kingsmill 50/50 crusts off (which at least gets a bit of wholemeal into me!) and the latest one is weightwatchers white danish, which i thought would be better as the size of bread is tiny. But i don't really enjoy that either :(
I love pasta and rice. Would i be better on green days? I hate vegetables so maybe not, can have leeks, spring onions, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes but thats about it!
Hmm i'm so confused but don't seem to have got in the 'zone' yet. I only lost 1lb in my first week and i'm worried for this weds WI cos i'm not been 100% although I have done my best. Had ngt at friends sat where i did have a few wines but she made chilli and i don't think can have been that bad...she's very health conscious so I reckon she would've used lean mince etc. I was worrying about that ngt but don't think it can have been that bad. Any advice would help girls, I need 3 regimented days now till Weds and don't know whether to do EE, red or green. Thanks!

Hi hun,

I'd previously only done green days, and had
Some good losses on the plan, switched to extra easy (tried this three times) and gained half a pound each week that I did it! I know why, I love my food and I do eat much more on EE, where as on Green days I am more aware of what I’m eating (even though it’s free) so keep an eye on my portion sizes!

Hadn’t tried red days as always feared I’d be hungry on them (don’t know why) but they work best (out of the three) for me.

On a red day you can have:
Unlimited amounts of super free foods.
Unlimited amounts of free food (meat, fish, game etc – all the foods that are red in the book)
Syn free foods as with the other plans (eggs, quark, low fat cottage cheese etc)

And in addition 2 HEA’s and 2 HEB’s.
On a red day, if you want potatoes/pasta etc… you weigh and measure them for a B choice, so you can still have carbs, just a weighed amount.

Hope this helps/makes sense.
And I hope I’ve got it right.

My food diary is in my sig, if you want to see what kind of food you can eat on red days J

Good luck hun,

Elaine x

Ah thanks Elaine..thats helpful, so the only difference is that you can have an extra a choice and an extra b choice? May just stay as i am then as i don't actually want MORE food, just different types. Its the bread i'm struggling with. Need advice on the lowest white bread possible cos I don't think i'll be able to continue banishing it from my shopping basket as i'm craving it too much x

Hi guys WI this morning & I've lost 2lbs. I've still a 0.5lb till I have lost a stone & go into the 13's. i know it's going slowly but I getting p!ssed of as not noticing it yet in my clothes etc...

I had a bacon sandwich for lunch as a treat but within my syns...

I thought I would've lost more as have been excellent.

Does anyone know what size of clothes I would be at 12st if I'm 5ft 5ins?I've 2 more stone to go till then but I'm really hoping that I get there for the 1st May as my 2 babies are being christened & I really don't want to be fat in the pictures.

I'll update the list later & reply to the other threads as on my phone now.

Good luck for WI's my lovelies XXXX

oh my goodness! Well done big bear!
I would say anywhere between 10 1/2 - 12 1/2 stone (judging from size 12 friends) depends how you carry your weight.

Bring on the 13's for you :) xx

Well I'm 12 stone 11 at mo and am in size 14 although I am 5'11! Well done on your loss that's brilliant and a great incentive for next week for the half a pound! Xx

Well done Big Bear...that's brilliant. We're all so impatient aren't we, but taking it off slowly is better, we need to keep telling ourselves this!! Don't know about weight for size 12, I just remember how I felt at different weights. I particularly remember how I felt when I hit 9 13 and got into the 9 stone bracket a few years back. I had fibbed to my boyfriend at the time as I was ashamed of my weight so told him I was 10st 6 when I was more like 11 stone! I just kept slogging away and every time he asked me how much i'd lost I told him but when I got to 9 13 he couldn't understand how i was so thrilled cos he thought I'd got to 9st 6 and couldn't see what was so significant!! Was really confusing! I do remember though that I felt so slim that night and when we went out I wore a really short cropped top and trousers that dipped in the middle (they were all the rage back then!!) to show off my pierced belly button at the time!! So thats my goal weight as I felt happy, slim and sexy then! I think thats better than having a goal weight decided for you by the books etc.

Hey big bear well done that's really good keep it up you will get there. For 12 st it would be size 14-16.

Hope everyone else are doing ok.

I like warburtons wholemeal bread I'm not sure but is nimble White??

xx

Cheers hon..is nimble white better than Weightwatchers then? x

Well done BB.

I'm still smothering with a flu-type virus. Horrible, feel so ill. Really want to shift some blubber this week. Got my WI on wednesday so keeping everything crossed.

Hope everyone's had a good monday. X

Back