6 months to sexy

TC - welcome back! 3goodnessknowshowmany day thread! I did four days and then ached so much I couldn't do the next day - and before you know it I've missed three! Need to get back on it though as I'm sure it helped with my loss this week!!

Jooloo - well done on your loss hun!!

Pixar - welcome and good luck :)

Big bear - don't know which part yet, probably finding somewhere with my friend (who currently lives in battersea). Thanks for the tips for food! Iceland had some good deals. I've had a 100% first fish day! Whoo hooooooooo! Lunch, Dinner and snack were all fishie! Aha!

Michjoanne - 100% days are the way forward! (otherwise I go off plan and then oppsie I think 'i'll wait until my bad weigh in is over then restart' - NO! Pick myself back up, start again! Doing it for me this time!

Good luck everyone! We can do this! Six months 'till sexy!! :bunnydance: yeeeeeh harrrr!

Not long left now ladies! Hup two three four! Mwah x

TC - welcome back! 3goodnessknowshowmany day thread! I did four days and then ached so much I couldn't do the next day - and before you know it I've missed three! Need to get back on it though as I'm sure it helped with my loss this week!!

Jooloo - well done on your loss hun!!

Pixar - welcome and good luck :)

Big bear - don't know which part yet, probably finding somewhere with my friend (who currently lives in battersea). Thanks for the tips for food! Iceland had some good deals. I've had a 100% first fish day! Whoo hooooooooo! Lunch, Dinner and snack were all fishie! Aha!

Michjoanne - 100% days are the way forward! (otherwise I go off plan and then oppsie I think 'i'll wait until my bad weigh in is over then restart' - NO! Pick myself back up, start again! Doing it for me this time!

Good luck everyone! We can do this! Six months 'till sexy!! :bunnydance: yeeeeeh harrrr!

Not long left now ladies! Hup two three four! Mwah x

I see you're in good spirits Elaine :rotflmao:
Ooh i made that syn free KFC before...it is gorgeous!! Pity i burnt it a bit, i'll definitely make it again xx

PS. Well done Jooloo :wow:

Hi guys

I blew the diet yesterday after my crap weigh in although did day two of shred in the morning.
Had a burger and seaside chips for lunch some choc and a mc d for dinner.

Seem to have gained another 3lb.

Just wondering if this is for me?
I am having such crap losses! I can't be doing with being 100% and putting on it's just not worth it. I can't even be bothered to ge back on te wagon today!

fmn would u consider ww??? i was havin crap loses on sw and anytime i had a slip up id gain huge amounts of weight and it would take ages to erase the damage!! but atleast with ww u can count anythin bad into ur points?

Hi guys

I blew the diet yesterday after my crap weigh in although did day two of shred in the morning.

I am having such crap losses! I can't be doing with being 100% and putting on it's just not worth it. I can't even be bothered to ge back on te wagon today!

Hi FNM, sorry your so disheartened. Remember though, you lost 5.5lbs last week after your sicky bug. A lot of that would have been fluid so putting on only a lb is really good IMO. That's still a loss of 4lbs over two weeks! Chin up chuck - you can do this!

Michjoanne - yes I am! Don't know what was going on last night, think it may have been all the diet coke I had at the cinema!

Ooo did you do the kfc chicken with just bovril? Made the chicken (and colslaw -mmm) from this months mag - that's the closest I've got to kfc :D I need to try it though, after my fish week is through! Aha ha ha! I always burnt stuff btw, even on raster night :) I feel it adds character :p

FNM - so sorry to hear that hun, I know what you mean - I had a small loss (half off) then was 100% and had a gain 3lbs, went back home feeling awful, stuck to the plan (as much as I thought) and then gained another 3.5lbs! And since my losses are usually so small - this put me back almost five weeks! Geeez!

After that second three point five I thought I was seriously going to give up, decided to give it one more bash - went home and planned EVERYTHING to a t, including snacks and drinks. I got loads of quark, muller lights and curly wurleys and tried to cook something from the mag/make something that was suggested in the mags/books every single day.

The weirdest thing about doing this for a week was that a) I ate SO much (probably because I planned it out thinking 'if this doesn't work I am giving up on slimming world' (and the lazy fat me inside probably hoped I would!) and b) I was so full, not to mention bloated! I felt like I was ALWAYS eating a drinking, and made/had a pudding every day!!

Anyway, with each day I would check stuff in here and then come weigh in I had lose five pounds! I'm now uber motivated for this week, I really want my stone ... Everytime I get anywhere near I have huge gains!
I feel like I'm rambling now - I'm sorry. But I just wanted to say I know how you feel - to try and gain and to stick to the plan and put on is just awful. I think the key is finding the things that work for you, whether it be days (I suck at extra easy) syns (and have to stay between 4-8max), even drinking more water, or maybe like faith said, perhaps another plan all together... find the things that work for you, (for me it was planning) so that even when you do gain/sts, you are still motivated and knowing that you are treating your body better.
Its hard hun, but we're all here for you xx

Hi guys

FNM, I totally feel your pain but gotta say hang in there!! I've been getting crap losses since December I'll loose one week put on more the following week and just been battling with the same 4/5lbs. But saying that its not all about the scales! How are your clothes feeling? Although I've not lost anything significant for 2months, my shape has def changed and a lot of people have been noticing. Keep up with the exercise as well, it'll tone you and get you muscles which will in turn burn fat.

sending BIG HUGS your way -

DONT GIVE UP...summer is round the corner!!!

Hi guys. Dilemma here! Well, not really but I need help!
Have brought in a salmon fillet for lunch (Hello fish day 2) and some green beans.However, I didn't have my banana with my weetabix this morning (who knew what a big mistake this was?! - my stomach hasn't stopped making noises since I got in!) and also have a bad of tild rice (the one you put in the microwave).

Would it be okay, on EE.. to have the rice and the salmon together? In theory I am thinking yes, but I am ALWAYS doing EE wrong.. and can only really *properly* do red/greend days. I know I would have to syn the rice...
My other option is a foxes chcocolate shortcake biscuit (colleague just offered them round) which has 101 calories so would be 5 syns.

So do I have the chocolate biscuit (5 syns) with a cup of tea
Or have (some of) the rice with my salmon and beans? I would have to syn the rice, I am guessing 1 syn per 28g according to the book? Eep! Just feel really confused about it - and am so hungry now :S

Trying to save my syns for this weekend/pancake day you see!

Elaine you could have them both together on EE i'm sure.I don't eat fish but I'm almost positive its free, and boiled rice is. Or if you want to continue with your 'fish' day lol, then just have the biccy! xxx

Thanks poppet! 5.5 syns is way to much for one biscuit. Ha.. I'm such a gannit, my mind is going *nooo you can have SO much yummy :eyeroll: scan bran cake for the same ammount of syns' hahah

thanks lovely.

Hope everyone is having an ace day! 100% on plan for me (although it's only four o clock :p) x

Ela ine said:
Thanks poppet! 5.5 syns is way to much for one biscuit. Ha.. I'm such a gannit, my mind is going *nooo you can have SO much yummy :eyeroll: scan bran cake for the same ammount of syns' hahah

thanks lovely.

Hope everyone is having an ace day! 100% on plan for me (although it's only four o clock :p) x

Lol your posts make me laugh!! I'm 100% on plan too with no syns so far although like you say it's only 4pm!! Got mum and dad in law coming round tonight too for a card night... To drink or not to drink?! Xx

FNM argh! Sorry about your gain. Going along with what faith08 said have you tried WW before? I thought it was the epitome of all that is evil (!) but now having been doing it for 3 weeks I'm finding it's teaching me alot about portion sizes and eating goodies in moderation. The extra points for breast feeding are good aswell!
I know now after doing WW that the reason I was having so many problems with SW was my humongous portion sizes, maybe trying it for a week might be an eye opener for you too?

FNM - Don't give up, either stick at it plan it to a t & only have 10 syns, drink loads of water make sure you're getting enough fruit/veg, maybe EE isn't working for you, try red/green & maybe as jooloo said portion size might be a factor. Eat little & often. If you think this isn't for me try WW for a while. If you stop now by the summer you may put on even more weight, would you be happy with that? Keep plodding along & at least your still around the same if not less by then.

If I'm honest to myself I don't weigh HEXs, might go over syns by maybe 2 but I've somehow managed to lose weight but if I was to gain or sts I know deep down it's my own fault. So are you being honest to yourself, are you sure you are totally sticking to plan 100%?? Do you really not know why you're gaining, I don't want to come across as nasty just trying to ensure that you are being 100%???

My day has been crap so far been to the dentist had a filling but my tooth still painful I'm sure he did the wrong one. My son is like a weasel cries at the slightest thing I think he's not well & my daughter isn't much better I think she is still feeling rough from her injections yesterday. Did any of your wee ones have any after effects after the 4 month injections???

I've been 100% so far again today, if I don't lose this week I'll be annoyed as after my sts last week I've been extra careful with weighing & measuring my HEX's before I'd guesstimate as I'd no scales. I've had a huge bowl of fruit salad with speed foods every day, upped my water to 1.5litres a day & I've had 2 fishy days too...

anyway I do hope that you are all well & you have a great weekend. XX

FNM - Don't give up, either stick at it plan it to a t & only have 10 syns, drink loads of water make sure you're getting enough fruit/veg, maybe EE isn't working for you, try red/green & maybe as jooloo said portion size might be a factor. Eat little & often. If you think this isn't for me try WW for a while. If you stop now by the summer you may put on even more weight, would you be happy with that? Keep plodding along & at least your still around the same if not less by then.

If I'm honest to myself I don't weigh HEXs, might go over syns by maybe 2 but I've somehow managed to lose weight but if I was to gain or sts I know deep down it's my own fault. So are you being honest to yourself, are you sure you are totally sticking to plan 100%?? Do you really not know why you're gaining, I don't want to come across as nasty just trying to ensure that you are being 100%???

My day has been crap so far been to the dentist had a filling but my tooth still painful I'm sure he did the wrong one. My son is like a weasel cries at the slightest thing I think he's not well & my daughter isn't much better I think she is still feeling rough from her injections yesterday. Did any of your wee ones have any after effects after the 4 month injections???

I've been 100% so far again today, if I don't lose this week I'll be annoyed as after my sts last week I've been extra careful with weighing & measuring my HEX's before I'd guesstimate as I'd no scales. I've had a huge bowl of fruit salad with speed foods every day, upped my water to 1.5litres a day & I've had 2 fishy days too...

anyway I do hope that you are all well & you have a great weekend. XX

Sorry to hear about your crappy day BB, hope to tooth eases for you.

As for those horrid injections, my daughter had really bad reactions to her 12 and 16 week jabs (I dont want to scare you) but I had to take her into hospital as she started to have breathing problems on both occasions. I'd keep a very close eye on her and make sure she's topped up with calpol or nurofen.

Hope the rest of the day is better and that the kids settle

Elaine you make me laugh!! You can have rice and salmon together on EE, definitely :D
KFC was absolutely gorgeous, i'm definitely making it again, do you want the recipe? Complete syn free!

FNM please please please don't give up...we'd all miss you on here. I agree with everything everyone's said so I won't repeat any of it. I'm feeling like i'm having a bit of a wobble this week, it's not that i'm not losing cos i am (very slowly) but i'm still CRAVING bread and can't have it (cos i love warburtons thick white). Hate wholemeal and keep throwing it away. Bought some seeded batch bread again, having to syn it as its high, which annoys me but can't have no bread at all and i do think it's marginally better than white bread even though not on list for hexb. :(
I'm going to do my best to stick to plan this weekend and Mon, tues and weds but i'm feeling like i want to pig out tonight as had a hell of a week at work xx

Elaine you make me laugh!! You can have rice and salmon together on EE, definitely :D
KFC was absolutely gorgeous, i'm definitely making it again, do you want the recipe? Complete syn free!

FNM please please please don't give up...we'd all miss you on here. I agree with everything everyone's said so I won't repeat any of it. I'm feeling like i'm having a bit of a wobble this week, it's not that i'm not losing cos i am (very slowly) but i'm still CRAVING bread and can't have it (cos i love warburtons thick white). Hate wholemeal and keep throwing it away. Bought some seeded batch bread again, having to syn it as its high, which annoys me but can't have no bread at all and i do think it's marginally better than white bread even though not on list for hexb. :(
I'm going to do my best to stick to plan this weekend and Mon, tues and weds but i'm feeling like i want to pig out tonight as had a hell of a week at work xx

If you're struggling that much with the wholemeal bread factor, rather than making yourself miserable it might be worth bending the rules a bit? Maybe have 6 syns of white bread instead of a HEb and then try and get the goodness you would have got from wholemeal bread elsewhere. Wholemeal pasta etc?

Also I think it was hovis wholemeal I used to like, it took a while to get me used to wholemeal bread but I did... Also I used to like making my own cheesey wholemeal rolls with tesco breadmix and cheddar, they were yummy!

If you're struggling that much with the wholemeal bread factor, rather than making yourself miserable it might be worth bending the rules a bit? Maybe have 6 syns of white bread instead of a HEb and then try and get the goodness you would have got from wholemeal bread elsewhere. Wholemeal pasta etc?

Also I think it was hovis wholemeal I used to like, it took a while to get me used to wholemeal bread but I did... Also I used to like making my own cheesey wholemeal rolls with tesco breadmix and cheddar, they were yummy!
Thanks Jooloo, yes I agree that I need a compromise and that sounds like a good one, I have ditched white bread (haven't bought it for over 3 weeks now) and I did really like the multiseed batch loaf as I thought it was better. Turns out same number of syns if i've checked the right one but i'm sure it's healthier than white. I'll try and wean myself off it gradually!! I don't like cheese so the second option wouldn't really work for me, but thanks for the advice x :p

Hey girls I've f*cked right up today was so peed off & not feeling well (toothache even after the dentist, put filling in wrong tooth) & both kids not too good (teething & jab recovery) I've drank 1½ bottles of wine. On a positive note not had a drink since Jan...

Sod it X

Hi girls

Me too! What I saved on the biscuit at work I made up for with the galaxy I ate! (12.5 syns) AND just made cup cakes and resisted licking the bowl/spoon etc ... Until they were done when I ate one! Urgh! Ao greedy I almost burnt my mouth on it! Grr!

Annoyed at myself - hope I can turn this around before tomorrow night or I am in for one ride of a weekend :-(

Rubbish week at work for us all!!!

Elaine x

:love: :vibes:

Back