6 months to sexy

Hi girls

Here is the first dress I really really want but biggest size is size 14, hmmm i'm not sure if i'm kidding myself!!

http://www.asos.com/Lipsy/Lipsy-Emb...uggestions=green one sleeve embellished dress

I also really like this one although will need a tan, as colour very pale! Plus much more affordable!

Beige jewel embelished dress - View All - Dresses - Dorothy Perkins
[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif]
Michelle
[/FONT]
04.gif
:)

Hi girls

Here is the first dress I really really want but biggest size is size 14, hmmm i'm not sure if i'm kidding myself!!

http://www.asos.com/Lipsy/Lipsy-Emb...uggestions=green one sleeve embellished dress

I also really like this one although will need a tan, as colour very pale! Plus much more affordable!

Beige jewel embelished dress - View All - Dresses - Dorothy Perkins

Michelle
04.gif
:)

I'm liking the dresses :) I don't know about the tan factor though? I hardly ever go brown so I never really think about that lol
Well I've booked my son's non christening party for the 15th of May so now I've got to think about a dress too!! Wish I could loose lots more weight by then but it's only 5 more weigh ins away... and one of them I'll be on holiday so that that week discounted and the one afterwards (at least) to get back to where I was!!! So that leaves 3 weigh ins...

I want to get a nice new summery dress for it but can't decide whether to look for a maxi dress type thing or more of a long mini (rather than a super mini if you know what I mean). Not convinced I'm happy enough with my legs yet for the mini, I carry most of my weight on my legs. boo!

I'm liking the dresses :) I don't know about the tan factor though? I hardly ever go brown so I never really think about that lol
Well I've booked my son's non christening party for the 15th of May so now I've got to think about a dress too!! Wish I could loose lots more weight by then but it's only 5 more weigh ins away... and one of them I'll be on holiday so that that week discounted and the one afterwards (at least) to get back to where I was!!! So that leaves 3 weigh ins...

I want to get a nice new summery dress for it but can't decide whether to look for a maxi dress type thing or more of a long mini (rather than a super mini if you know what I mean). Not convinced I'm happy enough with my legs yet for the mini, I carry most of my weight on my legs. boo!
Yeah me too...i'm wondering about a maxi dress, my legs aren't my best feature xx

It really depends what shape that you are. I'm hour glass so need either fitted dresses or prom style IYKWIM. I saw a beautiful dress in Matalan for £25 & also one on M&S website for £35 but haven't tried it on. I need to get one for the 1st May not long now.

Glad all of you are doing well it's funny how we're almost all around the same size 16/18/20...

I'm an hourglass but I've got quite big breasts... espec with the feeding factor.
I always find it impossible to find dresses that fit!

jooloo said:
I'm an hourglass but I've got quite big breasts... espec with the feeding factor.

Haha - same but I don't have a baby!! Hahahah!

Mich - dresses are lovely! Saw one the style of the blue but colour of the second in debenhams (blue cross sale!)

BB - was the matalan dress blue and White?

I love how we're all the same size :D

Talking of - while short shopping (ha - holidays looming/ not by choice!!) I found some lOvELY shorts that would have been gorgeous - were I a size 12! I tried them on and they fit (18 - whoo!) but just look awful! I never get that, why they make super short (or weirdly cut) clothing in large sizes :s

I mean - I always say that if my legs were x size I'd wear a short dress or what not,.. And I understand that someone who may have lost weight say from a 22/24 to an 18 (THAT'S ME!) may think 'yeah, I have more confidence - I can wear them' but cut to FIT right up your backside? WHY?

Lol.
Rant over! In other news i ended up at the beach today - it was a spontaneous trip woth ye siblings after much gardening!!

I'm proud because we took a picnic (that I made and was absolutely delicious (sanity rice, boiled eggs, chicken salad, sw quiche, cold meats, homemade coleslaw... Whoot!! We stayed on the beach for most of the day, played in the sea and that stupid Velcro game! (with the ball) - hello body magic! Anddd then prize bingo - where I won a £25 food/drinks voucher for the 'family bar' so ended up staying for dinner and... AND.. Can report that I had a jacket potatoe and beans! Whoop! I'd normally have gone straight for the specials board or carvery/whatever and used some syns - but oh no, syn free Sunday! Those cookies (or scales) will my defeat me yet!!!

Will check back with results of my WI tomorrow (fingers crossed for a sts and not a gain!!) xxx

It really depends what shape that you are. I'm hour glass so need either fitted dresses or prom style IYKWIM. I saw a beautiful dress in Matalan for £25 & also one on M&S website for £35 but haven't tried it on. I need to get one for the 1st May not long now.

Glad all of you are doing well it's funny how we're almost all around the same size 16/18/20...
Whats IYKWIM!! Yes it does depend on your shape. I have awful legs (knock kneed!!) so wouldn't wear anything that didn't cover them but I am also apple shaped, i have big stomach but hardly any bum or hips : ( Not sure what type of dress really suits me as I never wear dresses!! Hoping either dress will be ok as both are quite loose fitting. I have ordered the beige one, only cos it's much cheaper. If I don't like it i'll send it back and order the greeny/blue one that I really want xx

My breasts were not large but were 'ok', however now i've lost a lot of the bulk from them which I could've done without!! : ( x

Haha - same but I don't have a baby!! Hahahah!

Mich - dresses are lovely! Saw one the style of the blue but colour of the second in debenhams (blue cross sale!)

BB - was the matalan dress blue and White?

I love how we're all the same size :D

Talking of - while short shopping (ha - holidays looming/ not by choice!!) I found some lOvELY shorts that would have been gorgeous - were I a size 12! I tried them on and they fit (18 - whoo!) but just look awful! I never get that, why they make super short (or weirdly cut) clothing in large sizes :s

I mean - I always say that if my legs were x size I'd wear a short dress or what not,.. And I understand that someone who may have lost weight say from a 22/24 to an 18 (THAT'S ME!) may think 'yeah, I have more confidence - I can wear them' but cut to FIT right up your backside? WHY?

Lol.
Rant over! In other news i ended up at the beach today - it was a spontaneous trip woth ye siblings after much gardening!!

I'm proud because we took a picnic (that I made and was absolutely delicious (sanity rice, boiled eggs, chicken salad, sw quiche, cold meats, homemade coleslaw... Whoot!! We stayed on the beach for most of the day, played in the sea and that stupid Velcro game! (with the ball) - hello body magic! Anddd then prize bingo - where I won a £25 food/drinks voucher for the 'family bar' so ended up staying for dinner and... AND.. Can report that I had a jacket potatoe and beans! Whoop! I'd normally have gone straight for the specials board or carvery/whatever and used some syns - but oh no, syn free Sunday! Those cookies (or scales) will my defeat me yet!!!

Will check back with results of my WI tomorrow (fingers crossed for a sts and not a gain!!) xxx
Ooh i'll have a look on debenhams Elaine!! Well done on your willpower at the beach!! I have been a bit haphazard fri and sat but have been back on track today so fingers crossed xx

Michjoanne - IYKWIM - if you know what I mean

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while because I decided to have some time off plan.
I really enjoyed myself and lots of food and probably too much drink :eek:

WI tonight, I had a sneaky look and I think I have probably put on about 4lb which I am fine with as it has been about 2 weeks where I haven't been on plan 100%

I hope you will take me back and forgive me for not hitting my 7lb per month target xxxx

:wave_cry:

Hi girls! I need your help. Really.

sooo, I managed to lose 1lb this week. Pleased as I thought I may have gained, but also a bit gutted as now I'm still 2lbs away from my stone award (and am almost definitely going to gain by next wi (but how much?!?!)

I have just posted this in another thread and thought I would copy here as need ALL the advice I can get!!!

Soo, no wi next week as won't be here - so next wi is two weeks from today and eeeeeek! Tres scared as all inclusive holiday AND then Easter Friday (bank holiday and BBQ) Saturday (aunties 40th meal & party) and Sunday! (Easter eggs!!!!) before my next weigh in.... O.m.g... can't believe thisonly just occured to me :eek:
HOW DO I PLAN FOR THIS?!?!?! :(:confused::eek:

Elaine I think maybe they make stuff in bigger sizes 1) because they'd be crusified if they didn't and 2) some people carry their weight completely different to others. Sometimes I see people twice the size of me which much nicer legs and feel cross!!!!

Oh, Elaine again lol. I have no idea with the easter thing. I'm a bit stressed about the next couple of weeks. I WI on thurs but then the folloing week i'm on hol and then it's easter! So much food/goodies/chocolate and no WI to make me control myself... ARGH!

Happy to report a 2lb loss woo hoo back on the wagon so pleased.

Jooloo - Yeah looking forward to the christening all the family is coming over from Ireland

Eliane - dress in Matalan was royal blue with black like flower/thistle print..

Elaine I think maybe they make stuff in bigger sizes 1) because they'd be crusified if they didn't and 2) some people carry their weight completely different to others. Sometimes I see people twice the size of me which much nicer legs and feel cross!!!!

Almost everyone (I'm talking four people) I've ever seen has smaller, slimmer legs than me!

Oh, Elaine again lol. I have no idea with the easter thing. I'm a bit stressed about the next couple of weeks. I WI on thurs but then the folloing week i'm on hol and then it's easter! So much food/goodies/chocolate and no WI to make me control myself... ARGH!

LOL @ the 'Oh Elaine'
I know Jooloo! But what can we do? I'm thinking to plan (some how :confused:) but how you 'plan' for holidays.. there's no guidelines on that is there ?! (perhaps I shall create a thread!)
I really, honestly have no idea how to plan for it... or what to 'attempt' to do while I'm there.. I guess it will be like going to a resturant 'unplanned' - just trying to make the best choices in the situation. ... :confused:

We should try to come to some sort of agreement :rolleyes: ha ha ha

WELL DONE HUN!!!! :clap:

I saw it, I saw it! And tried it on :p didn't buy it though as trying to hold back on clothes until I'm smaller :eek:

Hey, I'm trying to do a similar thing to you, around the same early stages, like you, as well. Less weight, less time (30lbs in just less than 4months, 8lb a month, 2lb a week - you get the idea.)
I'm on my first day and I just feel ... water logged. lol. I'm doing a healthy eating diet combined with a good exercise plan. Someone advised me to have at least 2litres of water a day if you're not on a very low cal diet.
Good luck! x

Hi hun, good luck with your plan - sounds v. positive!
I do TRY and attempt the water thing.. but it doesn't seem to work out for me... I need to try harder as I love iced water - just no room in the freezer for ice cubes!!

The water thing is hard! I've been trying off&on to drink more water anyway, because of all the beautiful, famous people who swear by a litre of water being the secret to their flawless skin... ect. Have you managed to drink at least a litre per day so far? And... do you sort of get used to it? It sounds odd, but I just feel weighed down by it ):
I've emptied my freezer of the naughty things that clogged it up, like icecream and oven chips lol ;)

Not really.. sometimes more if I add NAS squash (but then I feel like I'm drinking too much squash!)

I can definitely drink more if I pour it from a bottle (big or small) into a glass.. I have no diea why!

To anyone who will listen, I only gained 1lb which is nothing short from a miracle. So started back on 100% today and I am going to continue.

Good luck everyone xxx

Michjoanne - IYKWIM - if you know what I mean

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while because I decided to have some time off plan.
I really enjoyed myself and lots of food and probably too much drink :eek:

WI tonight, I had a sneaky look and I think I have probably put on about 4lb which I am fine with as it has been about 2 weeks where I haven't been on plan 100%

I hope you will take me back and forgive me for not hitting my 7lb per month target xxxx

:wave_cry:
Ah thanks Amy!! I'm a bit thick!! Of course we forgive you for having a break, happens to us all, you'll be fine as long as you keep plodding along xxx

Hi girls! I need your help. Really.

sooo, I managed to lose 1lb this week. Pleased as I thought I may have gained, but also a bit gutted as now I'm still 2lbs away from my stone award (and am almost definitely going to gain by next wi (but how much?!?!)

I have just posted this in another thread and thought I would copy here as need ALL the advice I can get!!!

Soo, no wi next week as won't be here - so next wi is two weeks from today and eeeeeek! Tres scared as all inclusive holiday AND then Easter Friday (bank holiday and BBQ) Saturday (aunties 40th meal & party) and Sunday! (Easter eggs!!!!) before my next weigh in.... O.m.g... can't believe thisonly just occured to me :eek:
HOW DO I PLAN FOR THIS?!?!?! :(:confused::eek:
Not much help I know but no idea how you'd plan for this. I definitely won't be having any easter eggs, as they're just too many syns but I have got a lot of nights out/meals planned. I'm going to stick to vodka/diet coke and for meals i'll have fish wherever I can. Apart from that i'm just going with the flow. Just stick with it, even if only following it loosely xxx

Jooloo - Yeah looking forward to the christening all the family is coming over from Ireland

Fantastic BB...go girl :D:D
Hey, I'm trying to do a similar thing to you, around the same early stages, like you, as well. Less weight, less time (30lbs in just less than 4months, 8lb a month, 2lb a week - you get the idea.)
I'm on my first day and I just feel ... water logged. lol. I'm doing a healthy eating diet combined with a good exercise plan. Someone advised me to have at least 2litres of water a day if you're not on a very low cal diet.
Good luck! x
Welcome Spitfire, good luck, this site is for anyone, whatever diet they're doing :p;) :D xxx:welcome:
To anyone who will listen, I only gained 1lb which is nothing short from a miracle. So started back on 100% today and I am going to continue.

Good luck everyone xxx
Of course we will listen, cos you're our mate :patback: :gen126: Well done for sticking with it..1lb is easy to get off again xxxxx

Evening everyone!
Well got back from weigh in... and i've lost 2.5lbs this week! :) Only 0.5lbs to my 2 and a half stone award and 2.5lbs to target so i'm aiming for that this week!! :D I'll try and reply to everyone else when i've read all the posts as I haven't been on for a few days xxx

Evening everyone!
Well got back from weigh in... and i've lost 2.5lbs this week! :) Only 0.5lbs to my 2 and a half stone award and 2.5lbs to target so i'm aiming for that this week!! :D I'll try and reply to everyone else when i've read all the posts as I haven't been on for a few days xxx
That's fantastic Katie..well done ;) xxx

katiem said:
Evening everyone!

OMG thats amazing.... You are an inspiration to all of us xxxx

Hello all - not been on in a couple of days. How is everyone? I had a positively saintly weekend - very unusual for me lol. Just awful in the days before and after it though! Well done Katiem on a fab loss. That's terrific! Hope everyone is good.

Last edited:
Back