6 months to sexy

Hi Elaine, good luck with slimfast. Of course keep posting - I'm dead keen to hear how it goes.

Hi Jooloo, glad all went well with all the yummy mummys. You're very brave - I couldn't possibly wear a swimming cossie in public. I'd look like a beached whale! I'm sure you looked great though...

Hi Mich, hope you hear from the tasty bloke soon, but you're right he may be a bit confused as to who you like best! Lol!

Wellll...I just had a sneaky peek on the scales and it said 10st 13.5 - I'm besides myself with happiness as I've finally squeaked into the ten stone bracket (only just!). Tomorrow is my official WI so I'll have to eat dust till then lol!

Aw thanks you guys!

I know no programme or plan is an easy process.. I just feel like I need a change!

I'm eating SO much food at the moment, and I really need to curb this... unlimited ammounts of free food is not the best decision at the minute!

I feel like I have three or four REALLy bad days 'on' slimming world, and by that I mean just scoffing my face all day long.. and then the rest are success express to make up for it! That's not really healthy!.. so I thought I'd try slim fast for a while.. to take my mind off 'food' so to speak.
Hopefuly I'l get used to eating 6 (small) meals a day.. and then will be able to combine the two later.

Thanks again for all the support lovelies. Appreciate it loads! x

Hi Elaine, good luck with slimfast. Of course keep posting - I'm dead keen to hear how it goes.

Hi Jooloo, glad all went well with all the yummy mummys. You're very brave - I couldn't possibly wear a swimming cossie in public. I'd look like a beached whale! I'm sure you looked great though...

Hi Mich, hope you hear from the tasty bloke soon, but you're right he may be a bit confused as to who you like best! Lol!

Wellll...I just had a sneaky peek on the scales and it said 10st 13.5 - I'm besides myself with happiness as I've finally squeaked into the ten stone bracket (only just!). Tomorrow is my official WI so I'll have to eat dust till then lol!
Ahhh Krups that's great, so proud of you :D I'm due for WI again tomorrow but may WI on thurs again to give myself a full 7 days. Not sure i've lost much, finding it hard to get back on track after two week holiday xxx

Aw thanks you guys!

I know no programme or plan is an easy process.. I just feel like I need a change!

I'm eating SO much food at the moment, and I really need to curb this... unlimited ammounts of free food is not the best decision at the minute!

I feel like I have three or four REALLy bad days 'on' slimming world, and by that I mean just scoffing my face all day long.. and then the rest are success express to make up for it! That's not really healthy!.. so I thought I'd try slim fast for a while.. to take my mind off 'food' so to speak.
Hopefuly I'l get used to eating 6 (small) meals a day.. and then will be able to combine the two later.

Thanks again for all the support lovelies. Appreciate it loads! x
Elaine, I know what you mean, I have day off after WI...because i can!! Then it's weekend, I find it hard to stick to it then.... Then, it's Monday and I only have 3 days to get back on track!!! Silly me, I need a different approach as I don't want to start putting weight back on xxx

Hi girls, official WI this morning and am chuffed to report I'm finally in the 10s - 10stone 13lbs! I lost 2lbs. I'm thrilled - I haven't been this weight in years! Only 1st 6lbs to go!

Bit down hearted today

though I have been pretty good this week since finding out I was expecting in hope to shift some pounds in the first trimester. I gained half a pound. Bit disapointed insuppose especialy after all the veg fruit and salad I have eaten! Oh well if I continue maybe it won't be that bad!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Hi lovelies!
So, I bring you news of change! Like I mentioned last night... meal replacement (althoug you can still have a meal in the evenings!)

Although I find slimming world a very effective plan (which fits into my life wonderfully and I – and I think everyone who does – always lose when sticking to it)
However, I have a huge problem with food of late… I can’t stop eating! So being allowed unlimited quantities of food is not the right thing for me at the moment.
(this decision has nothing to do with the lb I gained, may I add) I’ve decided to try slim fast. If I don’t like it/find it hard/ after 2 weeks – I will reassess the situation!
Anyway, I’ve written a long and windy post in my diary about why I’m giving slim fast a go!
I hope you guys will still be okay with me posting in here and such.

Lots of luck for this week everyone xx

Good luck with slimfast! If you decide you don't get on with it 2 weeks will be a good break from SW anyway!

Haha Jooloo, yeah poor guy he prob hasn't got a clue what he's meant to do as I had had a few drinks and also gave my number to his mate too!! Why did I complicate things. Annoyed at myself as I liked him but he probably doesn't know that!! xxx

Haha!! I can't believe you gave his mate your number too!!!

Wow!!!! well done!!!!!!!!

Elaine, I know what you mean, I have day off after WI...because i can!! Then it's weekend, I find it hard to stick to it then.... Then, it's Monday and I only have 3 days to get back on track!!! Silly me, I need a different approach as I don't want to start putting weight back on xxx

This is one of the good things about WW... I just use my weeklies for chip shop chips after weigh in on thurs and then pogging on the weekend!!!

Hi girls, official WI this morning and am chuffed to report I'm finally in the 10s - 10stone 13lbs! I lost 2lbs. I'm thrilled - I haven't been this weight in years! Only 1st 6lbs to go!

Again well done!!!!!!!!! that's amazing!!

Bit down hearted today

though I have been pretty good this week since finding out I was expecting in hope to shift some pounds in the first trimester. I gained half a pound. Bit disapointed insuppose especialy after all the veg fruit and salad I have eaten! Oh well if I continue maybe it won't be that bad!

1/2 a pound really is nothing. You need to take your weight with a bit of a pinch of salt when your pregnant, it makes you bloated and allsorts. Just think how much * week effects it, being pregnants got to be worse than that!!
You've got to be doing better than me in my last pregnancy... I had such bad morning sickness that the thought of anything made me gag. I went through a couple of days where the only thing hubby could get me to eat was mcds fries. Bit worrying really with all the badness but nm!!

Really mad at myself... just sneaky peaked and I've put on about 1lb. I've deffinately had a self sabotage week. It's because I needed to loose 2.5lbs this week to be a 'normal' weight. So I think subconsciously I've thought well I can't loose that much anyway!
For the first time since starting WW I gobbled all sorts last night without pointing it. Some white choc easter egg, lots of a big bar of dairy milk, biscuits, crisps.

Krups I am so jealous of you! I'm only a few pounds behind you and yet it seems like a massive massive gap that I'm going to really struggle to jump!

I always make sure I eat all my dailys but I've decided to have a high fibre, low carb day today, lots of water etc and if I don't need all my points I'm not going to use them. I'm praying I can magically pull it around by 2mo, I really need to get past this hurdle!! Or at least nearer to it :)

Oh my lord, another great cause for celebration - just rooted out my size 14 jeans and they all fit! Woohoo! I love slimming world!

Really mad at myself... just sneaky peaked and I've put on about 1lb. I've deffinately had a self sabotage week. It's because I needed to loose 2.5lbs this week to be a 'normal' weight. So I think subconsciously I've thought well I can't loose that much anyway!
For the first time since starting WW I gobbled all sorts last night without pointing it. Some white choc easter egg, lots of a big bar of dairy milk, biscuits, crisps.

Krups I am so jealous of you! I'm only a few pounds behind you and yet it seems like a massive massive gap that I'm going to really struggle to jump!

I always make sure I eat all my dailys but I've decided to have a high fibre, low carb day today, lots of water etc and if I don't need all my points I'm not going to use them. I'm praying I can magically pull it around by 2mo, I really need to get past this hurdle!! Or at least nearer to it :)

Hi hun, I often find that I only lose the weight in the last couple of days before WI. Don't be glum - you'll get there. Don't forget, the week before last I gained 3 pounds and things looked grim but there's been a huge turnaround in my fortunes. You've just got to keep on keeping on and have faith that you will get there, because you will, I have no doubt!

Last edited:
You little beauty...that's fantastic Krups. It will be a while before I get in the 10s but i'll get there, aiming for the 11s at the moment, my third stone bracket since joining xxx:banana dancer::wee::thankyouthankyou:

Bit down hearted today

Aw Leeanne, you don't need to lose any, just take it easy and come on here to chat!! xx

Oh bugger, you might be surprised? I'm weighing in tomorrow morning instead of tonight again. Feel like i've stayed the same so the extra night might help. On the plus side, my dress came (for the wedding i'm going to on saturday and the races next saturday) and IT FITS. So shocked as it's a size 14 and I was a size 18 in February!! So I must be doing something right! Only thing is, it's way too long so i'm hoping my friend at work can take it up before Saturday. It's a maxi dress but is very long xxx

Hi hun, I often find that I only lose the weight in the last couple of days before WI. Don't be glum - you'll get there. Don't forget, the week before last I gained 3 pounds and things looked grim but there's been a huge turnaround in my fortunes. You've just got to keep on keeping on and have faith that you will get there, because you will, I have no doubt!
You've done so well, I need to start moving again now, had a bit of a go slow after easter hols xxx

Thanks, you're right!

Oh bugger, you might be surprised? I'm weighing in tomorrow morning instead of tonight again. Feel like i've stayed the same so the extra night might help. On the plus side, my dress came (for the wedding i'm going to on saturday and the races next saturday) and IT FITS. So shocked as it's a size 14 and I was a size 18 in February!! So I must be doing something right! Only thing is, it's way too long so i'm hoping my friend at work can take it up before Saturday. It's a maxi dress but is very long xxx

Hoping v. much I'll be suprised!!
Woohoo! go you! Is it nice apart from the too long factor?!

I'm just looking up recipes for my sons 'non christening' party on Sun... They all involve lots and lots of badness!!! Yum yum!
I'm thinking about putting a blue icing train and icing feet on top? Not sure If I'm being a bit too adventures (my minds gone blank.. why can't I spell this?!?!). I suppose if it all goes horribly wrong I can just pipe his name onto the top and leave it at that?!
I've got a friend coming round today.. Will she think I'm crazy if I get her to help me make it? lol

Mich, you're not going to cartmel races are you? x

Hmmm sneak peaked and I think I've put on 1-1.5lbs... can't decide whether to go weigh or not?!

I'd say go to weigh in. It may not be as bad as you think. If you don't go you won't know and if it is bad at least you can draw a line under it and start afresh. Good luck!

Well I braved it.... I put on 0.5lb so not as bad as I thought.... Going to really try and be good until Sunday when I've got my sons party thing. Going to be hard though cos got to make the filling for cake tonight and don't think I'll be able to resist a sample!

Mich, you're not going to cartmel races are you? x
No hon, Haydock xxx

Thanks, you're right!

Hoping v. much I'll be suprised!!
Woohoo! go you! Is it nice apart from the too long factor?!
Yes the dress is lovely, turquoise and purple halterneck with diamante strap detail. Costing me ten pounds to get it altered but will be worth it when it's done xxx
I'd say go to weigh in. It may not be as bad as you think. If you don't go you won't know and if it is bad at least you can draw a line under it and start afresh. Good luck!
I agree, always best to own up and go to weigh in. I lost half a pound today, so erased what I put on last week, so while not brilliant i'm happy that I didn't put on. Silly woman told me I had and I got to the car park before I realised that she'd done it wrong and had told me i'd LOST half a pound not PUT ON half a pound! Good luck! xxx
Well I braved it.... I put on 0.5lb so not as bad as I thought.... Going to really try and be good until Sunday when I've got my sons party thing. Going to be hard though cos got to make the filling for cake tonight and don't think I'll be able to resist a sample!
Fab, we both need to make a real effort this week I reckon. Lets have a race!! xxx

Well done on loosing 1/2lb mich! Cant believe she told you you'd put on! How ridiculous is that?
I'm sure this thread is alot quieter than usual this week? Not many ppl seem to have weighed in.

Well done everyone!
Day 4 on Slim fast for me. Shake shake shake *holds nose*

Well done on losing half a pound Mich - it's all going in the right direction.

Glad the damage wasn't as bad as you feared Jooloo!

Elaine - how's the slimfast going - is it suiting you?

Back