6 stone and no idea

doublehappy

I have 6 stone to lose, and I have absolutely no idea where to start.

I lack motivation and hardly do any exercise. I have tried Slimming World, Weight Watchers, LighterLife and Exante and always sabotaged my weightloss by giving up after a week or two.

I am desperate for some help! I have no idea where to start and it's depressing me. I feel like I have exhausted every option and I don't even feel like I can talk to my doctor because I'm sure she'll tell me to join a slimming club.

I'm in a place now I never wanted to be in, I used to be so happy-go-lucky - even though I've never had body-confidence it didn't get me down as much as it does now. I'm scared that if I do lose weight I'll still hate my body because I have bad stretchmarks from pregnancy and I hate my boobs.

Please tell me someone has felt like this and managed to pull themselves round, I really need a point in the right direction!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Sarah, are you going to continue with Slimming World? Is it worth me joining a group? I always seem to overeat on that diet but then again...I overeat anyway! Xx

I have around the same weight to lose as you (ish) and am doing it using Exante. I just can't cut it losing half a pound here and there - I want results I can see and quickly or I just lose my mojo.

The bottom line is that NOBODY on the face of the planet can actually do it for you ... this is something only you can do for yourself (all we can do it support you). You just need to believe that YOU are in control of everything that enters your mouth. Food doesn't control you - you're stronger than that.

You also need to adopt a responsibility / consequence ethos which does not involve guilt. Accept that everything you eat is a choice you're consciously making. You can actively choose not to eat something so if you do, you're not a victim of it - you CHOSE to do it. Therefore, there's nothing to feel guilty about. "Nobody forced the Chinese take away into my mouth - I CHOSE to eat it therefore I have no guilt ... I just have to accept there may be consequences"

Knowing everything is an active choice, a simple 'yes or no' decision and that you DO have control will stop the merry-go-round of 'binge - guilt - binge'.

You chose to eat the cake - you gained half a pound - over and done with. OR you chose NOT to eat the cake - you LOST half a pound - result!

Next time you go to eat something that may sabotage your efforts, try thinking that way. Actively CHOOSE one path or the other, no victim mentality ... no guilt.

Good luck!! :)

Hi Russiandoll, thank you so much for your reply and you know what - you are so right. Reading my post back today I can see that I was really upset that day, and although most of what I wrote is still true - I seem to feel more positive today and I have decided to take responsibility for this problem of mine and do something to sort it out.

I think my main issue is that I'm very 'all or nothing' when it comes to eating and weightloss (something I know is common in obese people) but I think taking a more forgiving approach will help me to succeed. And by forgiving I don't mean lax, but just taking the highs with the lows and not beating myself up if I put a foot wrong.

Sarah, I am joining my local Slimming World group today and I'm going to sign up for a 6-week countdown. Will I find you in the SW forums?? :eek:)

Thanks for your support, I love minimins

doublehappy xxx

Hi Russiandoll, thank you so much for your reply and you know what - you are so right. Reading my post back today I can see that I was really upset that day, and although most of what I wrote is still true - I seem to feel more positive today and I have decided to take responsibility for this problem of mine and do something to sort it out.

I think my main issue is that I'm very 'all or nothing' when it comes to eating and weightloss (something I know is common in obese people) but I think taking a more forgiving approach will help me to succeed. And by forgiving I don't mean lax, but just taking the highs with the lows and not beating myself up if I put a foot wrong.

Sarah, I am joining my local Slimming World group today and I'm going to sign up for a 6-week countdown. Will I find you in the SW forums?? :eek:)

Thanks for your support, I love minimins

doublehappy xxx

You sound SO much more positive :)

Good luck with your new weight loss journey. It's not going to be easy but nothing worth having ever is. With YOUR determination and willpower (yes, you do have it in bucket loads) and our support, you can't fail! I'm looking forward to us both posting our 'skinny pics' when we get to where we want to be.

:D

we all have bad days, its never easy. Russiandoll is right though, we all make a decision as to whether or not to eat whatever we're faced with. Guilt is a really bad thing to have in your head. **** happens and how you deal with it there and then is far more important than the small weight gain you may or may not even get!! Good luck with SW, remember to keep at it. Classes are definitely helpful, and signing up for a longer term membership will help you keep to it. Good luck x

Glad ur feeling more positive ;) u can do this!! Hope SW suits u :) here to follow xxx

Thanks to allof you for all the support and encouragement. I'm so glad I came on here when I felt low the other week, I think I needed a bit of fuel for motivating myself! I'm on my 2nd week now, and I've really got the hang of Extra Easy (I could never get my head round it before and MY GOODNESS what a good plan!! I feel like I can have anything I like so long as its on the list and I count my syns. Feeling really good so far, thanks ladies!
I've got a blog if you fancy a laugh, try to keep it as upbeat as possible!
fattofabamy.blogspot.com xxx

:) xxxx

Back