6 stone Gone Forever!

Well done Maka, you've have done amazingly well, and kept plugging away when the scales didn't play ball. You look fantastic and I can see by your smile that you feel fantastic too :).

You know I feel the same as you to be honest. Every time I've gone off plan for just a little break I've put on half a stone at least. I know that it's out of ketosis water gain but it's still scary as hell, and I just think that maybe I'll never be able to have more than 800 calories a day again without gaining weight. I know it's illogical but it still crosses my mind. S&S has been my security blanket and I'm not sure I'll ever really be ready to give it up. I make peace with myself on the basis that I can always return to that security blanket if things start to go awry. I'm sure I have a few more dalliances with a VLCD in my lifetime to be honest as I find it a straightforward and effective way for me to lose weight. I hope to be able to maintain with other plans but should I need to lose weight this is the way that I will go about it I think. I just need to ensure that I get back to it when I gain just a little weight, not go into denial and gain stones and stones like I did last time.

So true BG. Like you, half a stone (and more) comes straight back on when I come off plan. Even on the JUDDD calculators, my DOWN days are really low. I have to stay quite low-cal to maintain so it seems.

Guys I honestly think that if you feel like this, you should check out 'Eat Stop Eat' by Brad Pilon, I reckon it'd really help you out. I kinda idolise this man cos he's so normal yet so clued up. Google him or youtube him or look on his facebook change, it could be the answer to your fears I think

Is it a book hun??? X

Thank you all for the kind compliments.

After this morning's high, I've become emotional and am feeling just very scared.
S&S has been such a comfort zone, the security of the plan and not having to calculate and weigh and make too many decisions. It's been liberating to be limited to deciding on just which pack, how to cook my protein and veges or salad.
I've made up my mind to move onto JUDDD when I hit goal but the prospect of the normal world of food is SCARY.
I don't want to go back to what I was.
I thought having a maintenance plan meant that I was all sorted.
Funny how I didn't foresee this emotional reaction. It's got me thinking about my relationship with food.

Awww hun!! Think its a natural thing with these diets!!! Try not to worry too much.... As long as your eating less than you used to and are moving more than you used to you'll be fine!!!

Just be vigilant!!! A weekly weigh maybe!!!

You'll do grand!!!

X

Yep, 'Eat Stop Eat' is an eBook. I have talked about Brad before, but I'll give you guys a quick run down of him:

Brad was an ex bodybuilder and he used to work at a supplement company, but he left and went back to college and got a Phd in nutrition and started doing research on the effects of fasting on muscle. Anyway, the more he researched the more he learned that what he'd always thought about muscle and it's relation to food and metabolism was a load of tosh. So he began writing Eat Stop Eat.

In a nutshell, you take a break from food for 24 hours once or twice a week, i.e. you stop eating at 6pm on thursday then start eating again at 6pm on friday. It's an easy way to get all the benefits of dieting whilst still being able to enjoy a relaxed approach to dieting. There's **** loads of benefits to fasting in terms of your health, the most important probably being the process of autophagy in which your cells cleanse themselves, ridding your body of waste and crap it accumlates and this can only properly happen when your body is in a fasted state. This is why intermittent fasting can also have a positive effect on the way you age.

I've used it before and it was easy to do. For weight loss it's probs best to do 2 fasts a week, but for maintenance I'd suggest one because that's what Brad does and he's (as you can imagine for an ex bodybuilder) in amazing shape.

Here's a podcast interview he did recently which i think explains everything amazingly, take a listen if you're seriously interested (scroll down towards the bottom of the page and just press play on the player or download it):

Brad Pilon Interview: Intermittent Fasting (IF),

And here's Brad's blog and facebook:

Brad’s Blog | Brad Pilon.com

https://www.facebook.com/BradPilon

You look fabulistic ! I am lurking here as. I did VLCD and switched to Atkins, I'm thinking of going back to VLCD for my last stone cos I'm really impatient.

Getting into food mode after the shakes is difficult head stuff. I think you need to chose a plan that you feel comfortable with. Think of the foods you like when you rant on the shakes. If you love chicken and veg and things then you could consider the Atkins lifestyle. There's loads of things you can make to fill you up. The principles are the same, early days Atkins takes you not Ketosis. As you progress then you find a balance of eating the right amount of carbs without restricting the quantity of food you can eat.

If you love pastas and grains then investigate the carb lovers diet.

It's all good, you will get there. I think being thin and feeling good is the best motivation there is.

No problemo! I just really respect this guy and I know that his work could really help out anyone who wants to maintain or lose weight a bit slower than a vlcd would do

So Wisney, am I right in thinking that Brad's ideas are similar to Johnsons on the JUDDD, who suggests fasting intermittently if you can?

Fabulous, Maka! Well done for sticking through that STS patch. I'm chasing you down - just 9.4lbs to my century badge - so absolutley understand that extra 2lbs!

I look forward to seeing how JUDD works for you whilst I'll be onto Alizonne Phase 2, adding in a protein meal to the evening veg (and 4 sachets a day, not five).

Keep on rocking it!

Fabulous, Maka! Well done for sticking through that STS patch. I'm chasing you down - just 9.4lbs to my century badge - so absolutley understand that extra 2lbs!

I look forward to seeing how JUDD works for you whilst I'll be onto Alizonne Phase 2, adding in a protein meal to the evening veg (and 4 sachets a day, not five).

Keep on rocking it!

And a huge well done to you too Ali. Just 9.4lbs to go, eh? I bet you feel fab x

It's funny - the 90lbs lost is less important to me than being size 16 jeans. I've just over 40lbs to go to my goal. I'll still be overweight as far as the BMI police go - but I suspect that it's probably good to be just below 12 stone, and that I might look gaunt at 10stone. Plus I've never been 10 stone in my adult life!

Have a great weekend,

So Wisney, am I right in thinking that Brad's ideas are similar to Johnsons on the JUDDD, who suggests fasting intermittently if you can?

I haven't read any of Johnsons stuff, sorry :(All I can say is that Brad first published his book back in 2006 I believe, and he DEFINITELY brought it to the forefront in the fitness and diet world. He fully ackowledges he didn't 'come up with it' because it's been around since forever, but he definitely put a stamp on the '24 hr fast' idea. Take a read of his stuff if you can, he's the trailblazer of this, trust me.

It's funny - the 90lbs lost is less important to me than being size 16 jeans. I've just over 40lbs to go to my goal. I'll still be overweight as far as the BMI police go - but I suspect that it's probably good to be just below 12 stone, and that I might look gaunt at 10stone. Plus I've never been 10 stone in my adult life!

Have a great weekend,

Kikikikikiki, I'm in the Middle East Ali, so my weekend's just ended :)
I totally get you about the Size 16 jeans thing. For me it's been Size 14 pants - I got into Size 14 skirts some weeks back and Size 10 tops but the pants....mmmmm, I can get in but if they're light-weight fabric, I wouldn't feel too secure sitting down yet.
And like you, even when I hit my 152lb goal, BMI will be telling me that I am obese, overweight or whatever. But if I'm comfy in my 14s, then I'm a happy bunny.
When do you start adding your protein meal?
Hope you enjoy your weekend x

Have a great weekend,

I'm the same... the weight is secondary to my size!!! Fit and healthy Size 14 and I'll be a happy girl!!! think I'd look ill at the 11 stone top end of my BMI!!!

X

aww well done! like everyone said you look fantastic!!!

I think its definately scary getting close to goal, I know when I did LL after breaking the 11's I felt amazing and walking on air - for about 5 minutes, then got in my car and cried! I think the main thing is to have a plan, so that even if you do temporarily put on weight as you come off, it will normalize. For me, i've still got a few stone to go, but I've been looking at diffrent plans and think im going to go along to Rosmary Connelly for a while - not so much to 'diet' but to see how to eat 'normally' so I hopefully wont ever go back...

Yes - having plans and ssytems and routines for maintenance, amd adjusting them if not not staying the same weight. Doing Rosemary Connelly seems a good idea.

I'll have my medgem test when I get to goal so will know exactly how many calories I need. So I'll be using MFP to track calories - and will prob do a high fat low carb paleo.

AliGal said:
I'll have my medgem test when I get to goal so will know exactly how many calories I need. So I'll be using MFP to track calories - and will prob do a high fat low carb paleo.

What does all that mean????

Good question Tigger.

At the Alizonne clinics, some gyms and some nutritionists, they do a test using a bit of kit called a Medgem that works out your own resting basal metabolic rate - which gives your very calorie count for staying at goal. It's not as accurate as the kit in a research lab - but is a good indicator. It's interesting that many women who do Alizonne have medgems below 2,000 calories - the amount we are told we should eat a day.

So I'll be using MFP to track calories. As real fats and real food are more satisfying than diet versions, I will probably eat low carb and high fat, and use the calories to manage my portions. LCHF for beginners | DietDoctor.com It's also called the caveman or paleo diet as it excludes potatoes, wheat and other grains - as they were developed after we stopped living in caves and became farmers. I had started loosing weight on a paleo diet before I started Alizonne - but felt overwhelmed with the time it would take to get to a normal size. You can read more info here: Mark's Daily Apple

AliGal said:
Good question Tigger.

At the Alizonne clinics, some gyms and some nutritionists, they do a test using a bit of kit called a Medgem that works out your own resting basal metabolic rate - which gives your very calorie count for staying at goal. It's not as accurate as the kit in a research lab - but is a good indicator. It's interesting that many women who do Alizonne have medgems below 2,000 calories - the amount we are told we should eat a day.

So I'll be using MFP to track calories. As real fats and real food are more satisfying than diet versions, I will probably eat low carb and high fat, and use the calories to manage my portions. LCHF for beginners | DietDoctor.com It's also called the caveman or paleo diet as it excludes potatoes, wheat and other grains - as they were developed after we stopped living in caves and became farmers. I had started loosing weight on a paleo diet before I started Alizonne - but felt overwhelmed with the time it would take to get to a normal size. You can read more info here: Mark's Daily Apple

Back