6 stone Gone Forever!

only thing is from what I've read if you consistently have fewer cals your body gets used to it!!! And then that becomes the norm for it!!! Bodies are crazy intelligent things!! Freaks me out sometimes!!! My plan at goal is to watch "what" I'm eating not necessarily how much of it!!! (Obv not loads lol....)

The fastin thing sounds really interesting though.... gonna have a good read into that!!!

X

only thing is from what I've read if you consistently have fewer cals your body gets used to it!!! And then that becomes the norm for it!!! Bodies are crazy intelligent things!! Freaks me out sometimes!!! My plan at goal is to watch "what" I'm eating not necessarily how much of it!!! (Obv not loads lol....)

The fastin thing sounds really interesting though.... gonna have a good read into that!!!

X

Hey Deez! If you do have fewer calories consistently, then what happens is your body reduces energy expenditure in order to make the way it uses calories more efficient, so you will lose some muscle eventually as if you are not in desperate need of a certain amount of muscle mass then it makes sense to save energy by reducing muscle size, and your metabolism is directly linked to lean muscle tissue. If you want to build muscle, other than the certain protein requirements, you do need a certain surplus in calories (these can come from fat also if you have weight to lose), so that would also be difficult if not impossible on a constant calorie deficit.

I honestly support the use of intermittent fasting with all my heart cos it's so damn simple and has so much benefit to you that is backed up actual science, not 'bro-science'.

Just in terms of weight management though, the other idea (that someone else had said earlier I believe, maybe not in this thread though) of eating significantly lower calories just 2 or 3 days a week would probs keep your weight in check just as well.

You just have to find the EASIEST and most DOABLE way of maintaining your weight as you don't want to have to 'diet' ever again really, so find a way that does the job and doesn't impede on your life and you're sorted!

The fasting definately sounds easier for me.... need to look into it more!!!

Thanks for the tip off!! x

Back