6 stone to loose. Is slimming world the answer?

tangerine12

I say 6 stone to loose but probably could do more. I weigh a little over 18stone and am so terribly unhappy. I feel it is affecting every other aspect of my life. I was 18stone a few years back lost 4 stone put 4 stone back on lost 3 stone then fell pregnant and 3wks after having my little one I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 15stone 10lbs but over the past 10momths have pile on 2.5stone again.
I can't afford classes but have the books that I bought from eBay a while back.
I seen a fb about a woman who has lost 8 stone on slimming world and another about an 11 yr old who has lost 2stone.
If an 11 year old can lose weight on slimming world then so can I.

I hope to find a lot of inspiration here. I want to post every day and I would love if people could help by encouraging me, motivating me and let me know if I'm doing it OK and counting my sun's properly etc. I'm return I will do the same.

I really want to lose at least 2.5stone I was happy then. I'd like more as I feel I have no energy with my 10montu old and it's only going to get worse when she's on the move.

I'll weigh properly tomorrow and post my measurements and my food diary for the day.
I'm excited and can't wait to get to know u all xx

So I looked out my sw books. If I have read right I'm allowed 10 syns per day. I've made a salad for lunch tomorrow and what I'll have every day this week and all I have to dress it with is chilli infused olive oil :( never mind. I wanted to try and be syn free as much as possible..... I do love my wine at weekends.

I'm hoping to try and start exercising next week. I find it really tough to find time with a nearly 10month old though.

Does anyone know....do u get extra syns for working out?

So didn't really get off to the best start. On my way to work I wanted to get a muller light yogurt but they had none and I wanted to buy diet drink but they had none. Anyway in another store I managed to get diet drink but again no yogurt so I got nakd bar. I have no idea how many syns are in one....can anyone help with this?

Hi @tangerine12

I think the nakd bars vary between 5 and 8 syns each, so they're not that great unfortunately.

Are you still around? I could use a buddy and I'm also bang on 18st (again)

Hang on in there! I try to plan my meals so that gives me time to google syn values. It's so hard to start again though isn't it, especially if, like me. you've lost before but gained again. It's soul destroying to lose 2 stone and still be heavier than a previous starting weight! We all have to start somewhere though, 6 months down the line you'll be thrilled that you started now! The way I see it, 2lbs per week starting now will put me at just over 13st by Christmas.

Gotta start now though...

Last edited:
Hi @tangerine12 and @X88B88. I just started Slimming World (signed up online), this is my second week and my starting weight was 18st 1.25lbs. I lost 3.5lbs in my first week so I'm pretty motivated to stick to plan at the moment. Like you guys, I've lost before (and with Slimming World before) and was very fit at one stage with running and swimming, but had a motorcycle accident then gallbladder problems, so managed to pile everything back on and my starting weight this time was the heaviest I've been. Very determined to do it this time and like you say, 13st by Christmas would be brilliant! I'm also up for buddies so let's try to keep motivated :)

Oooohhhh great u guys. How do I follow people? Ive been off to a bad start and I have a hen night this saturday but I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and just go to my local sw class which starts on Monday at 7.30pm. I can do this. Its soooo great ( well maybe its not lol) that we're at the same starting weight give or take a few lbs. We can all do it together.

Excellent! I see you worked out how to follow people. :D

Okay @tangerine12, well done and of course you can do this! Do you both have a food diary or something? I'm going to make sure I log in at least every evening at some point. Personally, I found the groups excellent for keeping me on track but as I'm doing it alone this time it's much better to have you two, and any others, to be accountable to! Knowing I have to log my weight on Mondays may help put me off umpteen bags of crisps at the weekend! I wish I were one of those who could have weekly sins and save them for the weekend, but I tend to be in the 'don't use it you lose it' group and can't carry them forward. Boo hiss.

I think the fact we're all at the sameish weight is perfect. :banana_dancer: < us at xmas. LOL

Lol @X88B88 love emoji! Even tho I'm 18stone I wish I did have bigger boobs.

I'll try and log in every evening or lunch time. I have a 10month old so by time I feed and get her to bed then make my own dinner its nearly bedtime.

I cant wait to lose this weight. I'm sad that there are no pics of me and my daughter even when she was born theres none of me with her. Then of course there's the times when she gets bigger and she'll want me to go on a pedalo. Happened to me a few yrs back I went on one and my end was nearly sinking (I was 14 at the time) or the time I went on holiday and had to ask for one of those seatbelts that pregnant people wear ( I go on holiday september and I would die if that happened to me again)

Do u both have a diary to update?

@tangerine12 Oh I know exactly what you mean, I have no photos of my pregnancy and only one photo of my daughter and I together, she is now 12!! That is so shocking isn't it :( I don't much like theme parks, not just because I'm scared of heights but I don't want to have to ask what the weight restriction is then walk away, so embarrassing innit. Plus there's the usual panic that if I do get on a bloody ride there's that inevitable 'action shot' with multiple chins, boobs and ham arms flapping about on a massive screen for everyone to see! I can't be the only one who fears that, right?

I have a food diary https://www.minimins.com/threads/can-no-longer-avoid-this.354595/#post-7905762 only started it yesterday, will probably also use that as a weight loss diary rather than having two.

My girl is 1 in July and I am determined to get a picture of me and my girl. It saddens me that Ive let myself get to this way again.

Saying that....since I'm not joining until Monday Ive just eaten a yorkie bar and have myself a big bag of crisps. My girl is in nursery today and I have the day off work so I'll catch up with my soaps and stuff my face :)

Yeah I'll probably just use this diary to log my food.

I need to get my shopping at the weekend tho any ideas what to get. What can I make for my lunch to take to work that will fill me up?

Is it true that muller light yogurts are free?

Yes most of them are free, even those with sprinkles (the cheesecake type aren't though but they're not much) Same with most of the weightwatchers 0% fat yogurts. If you use facebook there's a page called 'slimming world syns' where you can ask values - people seem to respond pretty quickly...

I tend to have a mugshots for lunch, although I work over lunchtime I don't technically have a break so I need something quick and that I can have whilst working. Do you have use of a microwave at work? I don't even have a fridge so my choices are limited. I'm sure there's lunch ideas on here. If I find it first I'll come back and put the link here. I know the Bachelors Pasta n sauce are mostly free or low syn if you use water or your HEA milk allowance.

Are you getting excited for monday? LOL Don't forget it's a bank holiday so please make sure your group is running normally... Most still open but I know some change their times.

Found one. I think the thread is quite old so do check things are still low syn/free!

https://www.minimins.com/threads/lunch-ideas.189722/

I am actually excited. HURRY UP MONDAY!!!

I dropped the consultant a txt earlier to ask a few things like joining fee and what time the actual meeting starts at and what time can I turn up to get weighed at...you know that kind of thing. She hasnt replied yet tho **shrugs**

I dont have micro at work so will need to be something I can eat at my desk. Ideally I'd like it to be syn free. Are mugshots syn free. They don't seem very filling to me.
Are you not starving after one of those?

Oh, I missed these posts, sorry! Just figured out how to follow you guys. I might start a food diary, so will link to it here when I do. I will also try to log on at least once a day. I'm working at home mostly so should be able to manage that!

As for lunches, I like to bake some salmon or chicken the night before and make up half a pack of flavoured couscous (the Aldi ones mainly) or some golden vegetable rice. Then I box it up for lunch the next day with some extra veggies or some salad. That's a half a syn lunch for days I'm in the office. Very filling and well-balanced, too.

That's not good that she hasn't replied, I suppose she has a few days though but it will be nice to make your plans wouldn't it...

Yeah the 1% mugshots are syn free but the nicer ones have 2% and need to be synned although again, it's not much. They're okay I suppose, I tend to have a bigger breakfast and evening meal and wouldn't ordinarily have anything for lunch, I'm only eating something as I'm trying to do this 100% because I put on weight last week. You have such an advantage over me when you join on Monday as you will have all the up-to-date books and access to the online syn calculator!

I'm trying to think of lunches you can have, and only getting cold pasta salad type things but I am assuming you don't have much time in the morning to prepare anything? Can you pre-make some chunky soup, stick in the freezer and heat up to put in a flask? It's so difficult not having 1 billion slices of bread... Erm...

Uch I know. For a while there Ibwas taking salad to work for lunch but I was starving later in the afternoon. Plus I like my salad with loads of coleslaw and potato salad
I could maybe have some ryvita I wonder if they are free?

Can you not go to an actual class. I thought about joining online but it seems pretty poor in comparison to what u get online as a group member. They online tools should be the same for everyone regardless of how u joined. Its not ur fault u cant make an actual group. I find that pretty s**t tbh

Back