6 Ways To Conquer Your Cravings

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
1) If craving hits, then don't give in immediately. Have a glass of water and wait 10 mins, sometimes the body confuses hunger with thirst. Still hungry, then have a little something but eat it slowly, let the stomach register fullness.

2) Sprinkle cinnamon on your cereals, porridge or yoghurt.Research says that even half a teaspoon of cinnamon helps regulate insulin production and blood sugar levels, so you're less likely to reach for sugar in between meals.

3) Unsulphured, dried apricots are nice and sweet but also high in fibre and full of nutrients.

4) Stress can cause salt cravings,making you short on potassium which isn't so good if you love you savoury foods. Add parsley to your meals, or up your intake of other potassium rich foods, like spinach, banana and lentils.

5) Ditch the fruit juice. A glass of pure fruit juice contains around 5 teaspoons of sugar and will play havoc with your blood sugar, leaving you craving something sweet again, dilute it by half with water to lessen the impact.

6) Get active, exercise will leave you craving unhealthy food less. The endorphins it releases helps you feel mentally stronger, so you're less likely to want to binge.

Thanks Bunny, certainly agree with nos 1 and 6. Will try cinnamon and love dried apricots. x

I was told cinnamon was good for helping lower blood pressure and have tended to have it on porridge (but now can't find any porridge oats meeting the 5g/100g rule. I'd not thought about adding it to all my breakfasts.

I'm taking a few apricots to work every day so I can have them with lunch or if I need an energy boost. Yummm

I was told cinnamon was good for helping lower blood pressure and have tended to have it on porridge (but now can't find any porridge oats meeting the 5g/100g rule. I'd not thought about adding it to all my breakfasts.

I'm taking a few apricots to work every day so I can have them with lunch or if I need an energy boost. Yummm

I absolutely LOVE porridge, it's one of my favourite things and I did manage to find a porridge that was a tiny bit over .5g over the rules. I got it from Asda.

It's 5.5grams per 100g and 2.2grams per bowl.

5099801000031_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

There is also this type of porridge from Asda

5018357007950_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

This one is 4.8grams per 100g, 3.4grams per bowl.

Or these in pots :)

5050665012790_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

This one is 1.6grams per 100g.
5050665012455_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

This one is 0.8grams per 100g.

5050665012479_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

This one is 2.0grams per 100gs.

I've tried all of these and they're yummy! My favourite though is the Flahavans porridge as you can make it up yourself, better value for money :)

I also like baby porridge :p

That's great thanks Bunny, especially for finding the pictures and giving the nutritional info. I've found the high fruit alpen is under the 5g/100g and so will now go and get some porridge.

Back