600 Calories for dinner - help needed

arcticmonkeys

Silver Member
Hi all,

I am new to Slim Fast and I am off shopping in a moment, this is going to be a huge challenge I have no idea where to start. I should have really posted this before hand so I had some inspiration, please can you give me some cheap ideas of meals 600 cals and under so I am ready for next weeks shop? - I am a baddd cook! lol.

Many thanks,

ArcticMonkeys:confused:

hey i just got a 1kg lasagne in aldi for €3.39,a bag of wild rocket and bleaf salad with toms and cucumber..i had 333gms of the lasagne which was well under the 600cals,think it was just 358cals!! then i got chicken fillets and ill have them with tikka sauce and 2 or 3 spoons of rice tomorrow,the next day im having home made shepards pie made from lean mince! all of which will be under 600cals!

If it's just for yourself i'd say to try the healthy option ready meals (you can get them fresh or frozen, but they are normally cheaper frozen) like Weight Watchers, Tescos Healthy Living or Asda's Good For You ranges. Iceland normally always sell the WW ready meals the cheapest, but Asda are doing an offer on them just now I think.

When I lived off these meals I would have a pack or two of frozen steam fresh veg with the meal. It bulked it up and made it more filling. This will help you keep to the 600kcal limit too as everything has a label :D

Hope this helps :)

Oops, the Tescos ready meal range is called Light Choices not healthy living! Both Tescos and Asda have their diet frozen ready meals on offer for 5 for £4.

Thanks guys :) i didn't do too great at shopping as expexted-I went with my boyfriend who does support me but decided were having vegetable curry and Bombay potatoes with rice for dinner tonight. To be fair both were in a tin and work out to be 600 cals IF there wasn't too much rice!!!! The rest of the week I've planned, stir fry, salad with quiche v. Small amount for me and go from there. Next week I am thinking ready meals!!!!

hey hun,i find that if im good all day on any diet ill have what i like for dinner within the cals,then im gonna just walk it off each night! i remember joining slimming world in sept last year and i ate huge portions of potatoes,rice,pasta etc it was all free food. basically we were told that it doesnt matter if you get your cals from chocolate or veg,once the cals are counted you will lose weight,just like Kaiku pointed out yesterday..so the moral of this story is,if you want to eat it-count it out and dont feel guilty or deprived! i was following a guy on the calorie counting forum before and every day he had his limit of cals from curry chips and coke,a chocolate bar etc..he consistantly lost weight!! good luck hun but dont feel you always have to scold yourself if something isnt veg ;)

Back