6wks in concerned about hair loss

Hey lovely people

i am finding CD fairly easy so far, a couple of minor blips, which resulted in no weight loss last weigh in :sigh:

my hair is defiantly thinner and I am starting to think I may have to stop :(

can can anybody reassure me I won't end up bald? And that it will grow back?

thanks in advance

K

Were you dieting before you started Cambridge? Stressed out, perhaps? I only ask because, yes, hairloss isn't uncommon on Cambridge ( and all other VLCDs) but it doesn't usually start to happen until the 3 month mark. As it's only been 6 weeks there's a good chance something else has caused the problem.

Anyway, below is a link to another post about hairloss - hopefully it will help put your mind at rest.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/280101-hair-loss.html

Thanks so much for yr reply

no not on any type of diet before, trying to eat healthy and low carb to keep blood sugar under control

YES ! Stress is a huge factor in my life at the moment

plus I am probably in menopause but do not really have any symptoms/side affects

except may be memory issues and hair loss !

i hate getting old, and being overweight grrrrrrrrrrrr

I have started noticing a lot of hair loss, certainly within the past week.Yesterday I purchased some biotin vitamins that have been recommended to me by my cambridge consultant. I easily found them in Holland and Barrett. I thought I'd mention it especially as they are half price at the moment! £7.50 for 100 tablets. You can take between 1-2 a day. I plan to take one each day for the first month and increase to two (if necessary) I will remain on one per day if I notice a difference.

Even before cambridge I always had hair loss, which was noticeable when washing my hair. I was silently worried about it until I went to aquafit with my friend and noticed her hair loss when washing her hair was far worse than mine. At this point I accepted In my own mind that it is a normal thing!

I have been on cambridge since January and the last fortnight my hair loss has increased. I am lucky to have thick hair and upon examination my hair isn't looking thinned out *yet!

I'm going to continue with the biotin to keep it at bay. I guess having regular cuts at the salon will also help to keep the hair healthy.

I hope you manage to keep on top of it. Try not to worry, that won't help either! X

Back