Step 1 Sole Source Hair loss!

Laura3030

Evening all. I have been SSing for nearly 4 weeks now and I am now noticing the dreaded hair loss. I have very long hair and have just brushed my hair after washing and a huge amount is coming out in my hands! I knew hair loss was a symptom of the diet but I didn't realise it would be this drastic. Anybody got any advice?!

I had that first time I did that diet. Every time I washed my hair lots were coming off!
When I went on higher steps it was better, and my hair got thicker when I stopped the diet.
So only have to go through that for a couple of months then it will be back to normal :0)

Thanks for your response. How much of yours came out? Did you have any bald patches? It's quite scary when you see it coming out in such large amounts! I spoke to my cdc before I started about hair loss and she said this is sometimes a symptom for people who are on the diet for a long period of time. This is only my 4th week so it's a bit worrying. Rather be fat with hair than skinny and bald!

This happened to me to i started taking sea kelp every day it helps with it not as much comes out of mine now i dont think its something i will put up with for the few months it takes to get to goal cos i know after my hair will grow back just as strong and thick as ever but then I will be skinny to boot :)

Didn't have any bold patches, just less hair, and thinner. But didn't really mind as the weight loss was amazing. Hair back to normal after so don't worry too much xx

Back