7 a day Diet - Diary

RedOnion

Hello girls & boys:sign0144:

I will give my best up to date my diary on a daily basis. In fact if I can, I will also try to take pictures and post them (if I am not mistaken I am allowed to post my personal pictures using photobucket).

You probably are wondering what this 7 a day diet supposed to mean.

Oh well, I am not following a specific diet but I know I have to have some sort of discipline, therefore I have decided to eat min 7 portions of vegetables and fruit.The definition of 1 portion of fruit/vegetable: According to NHS 80 gram of fresh food is counting as 1 portion out of 5 a day. Also a medium size of apple is also covering for 1 portion of fruit etc.

Why did I choose 7 portions instead of 5 portions? Because 7 is my lucky number :rolleyes: No, just kidding :D I think the more I use the space in my belly for healthy food the better is for my general well-being :clap:

Well, it's a challenge, let's see whether I am capable to manage it.
Right now it's midnight. See you tomorrow​
:)

Okay, my full-day complete report for today:

Before I started doing my breakfast I just weight myself and took a picture, to compare it for later on
04_jan_15_my_starting_weight_zpscf6316d4.jpg

And I had for breakfast soup (ready-made) with 2 toasted bread rolls containing edam cheese + butter + dried basil. (1/7)
04_jan_15_brunch_soup_2_toasties_zps3d7ae142.jpg

The ingredients of the soup, in case you were curious:
04_jan_15_ingredients_for_soup_zps7e97a576.jpg

For Lunch I had 500 gr fresh custard from supermarket. (0/7)

For Dinner I had home made stir fry, I used in total about 400gr vegetables: red onions, white mushrooms, sweet green pepper and 200gr chicken breast. Of course I used also some oil, salt and spices. I aate the stir fry with 3 regular size of wholemeal pitta bread and 2 medium size of tomatoes, and now the picture comes: (4/7)

04_jan_15_dinner_green_pepper_red_onions_mushroom_chicken_stirfry_zpsd6593d21.jpg

And later I had a large glass of berry-smoothie. (2/7)

(7/7) = I got my target which was 7 portions of veg/fruit a day :cool:

I have 5-7 portions fruit and veg during the week (this year trying to extend that to the weekend to reduce sugar binges!). Great way to eat clean and has had a profound affect on my health. My cholesterol, BP and blood sugar all greatly improved in 6months. Oh and I lost 2.5stone.

I much prefer it because it's not a diet really, I'll eat like this forever. Just want to get to goal weight so I'm not having to restrict calories so much to lose weight!

Looking fwd to following your diary x

I have 5-7 portions fruit and veg during the week (this year trying to extend that to the weekend to reduce sugar binges!). Great way to eat clean and has had a profound affect on my health. My cholesterol, BP and blood sugar all greatly improved in 6months. Oh and I lost 2.5stone.

I much prefer it because it's not a diet really, I'll eat like this forever. Just want to get to goal weight so I'm not having to restrict calories so much to lose weight!

Looking fwd to following your diary x

Also, I am not very blessed with my skin texture. What I mean is, I have got an acne prone skin, so therefore I am targeting red, dark red, dark green and orange coloured vegetables and fruit.

PS: At the moment, I am using coconut oil on my face, it definitely helps but still with the right nutrition it will be better hopefully :)

Thanks :) Also, I am not very blessed with my skin texture. What I mean is, I have got an acne prone skin, so therefore I am targeting red, dark red, dark green and orange coloured vegetables and fruit. PS: At the moment, I am using coconut oil on my face, it definitely helps but still with the right nutrition it will be better hopefully :)

I hate my skin :-(

I went back on Yasmin (oestrogen contraceptive) as in the past it's the only thing that's helped but 2 months in and skin still rubbish. Cutting out all refined sugar this month and alcohol apart from one day so will see if that helps. Really depresses me

I hate my skin :-(

I went back on Yasmin (oestrogen contraceptive) as in the past it's the only thing that's helped but 2 months in and skin still rubbish. Cutting out all refined sugar this month and alcohol apart from one day so will see if that helps. Really depresses me

Have you ever tried organic coconut oil or organic shea oil or almond oil? One of them may help? I have never tried shea oil, since I am happy with the coconut oil. A friend of mine, who was suffering from a very dry skin, she told me, once she started using shea oil, it made her skin very smooth and she was very happy.

And my mother uses almond oil, but I am unable to use almond oil, since it causes acne on my skin.

Have you ever tried organic coconut oil or organic shea oil or almond oil? One of them may help? I have never tried shea oil, since I am happy with the coconut oil. A friend of mine, who was suffering from a very dry skin, she told me, once she started using shea oil, it made her skin very smooth and she was very happy. And my mother uses almond oil, but I am unable to use almond oil, since it causes acne on my skin.

If I put oil anywhere near my skin is breakout in 2 seconds flat. I've got acne prone skin too :-(

If I put oil anywhere near my skin is breakout in 2 seconds flat. I've got acne prone skin too :-(
Oh no, you're more sensitive towards oil than me. Have you ever tried lemon juice on your face?

Mhmm, okay this is what I did a few weeks ago:

+ Before I went to bed, I simply washed my skin with soap and then massage my skin with freshly squeezed lemon juice and let it dry on my face and washed my face following morning.

WARNING: The very first time, I did this, I suffered from red spots and my skin burned a tiny bit. But like 1-2 days later my skin came back to normal. And a few weeks later I did the same procedure and this time, it didn't burn my skin. And made my skin smoother and less 'fatty'.

Oh no, you're more sensitive towards oil than me. Have you ever tried lemon juice on your face? Mhmm, okay this is what I did a few weeks ago: + Before I went to bed, I simply washed my skin with soap and then massage my skin with freshly squeezed lemon juice and let it dry on my face and washed my face following morning. WARNING: The very first time, I did this, I suffered from red spots and my skin burned a tiny bit. But like 1-2 days later my skin came back to normal. And a few weeks later I did the same procedure and this time, it didn't burn my skin. And made my skin smoother and less 'fatty'.

Willing to try it!!

DAY 02:

Breakfast: 2 toasted bread rolls containing edam cheese and 6 stir fried mushrooms with oregano and 1 raw red pepper as seen in the picture:
(I had also a large glass of milk with honey + cinnamon) (2/7)
05jan15_breakfast_zpsc7875f5f.jpg

For lunch I had home made red lentil soup that contained also fresh sweet green peppers + red onions + rice + dried basil + some butter + oil + some spices and salt. It was a large portion probably about 500-600ml: (2/7)
05jan15_lunch_red_lentil_green_pepper_red_onion_soup_zps3ca74cb6.jpg
Like an hour later again same soup and same size:(2/7)
05jan15_lunch_red_lentil_green_pepper_red_onion_soup_zps3ca74cb6.jpg
Later on I wanted to eat something full of carb but still keeping it in a healthy way, so I did ready-meal sort of couscous, I took also a picture of it, in case you would be curious (it's simple and delicious and honestly not fatty):(0/7)
05jan15_couscous_ingredients_zps86279aeb.jpg
05jan15_dinner_couscous_zps27189627.jpg

Later on I ate again same amount of couscous.(0/7)

And late evening I drank a large glass of berry smoothie (ready-made).(2/7)

Okay I have got 8/7, which is perfect, next time I will try to get some fresh fruit. Even though I ate really a lot, I am feeling like I would like to eat something. But I am not going to be nasty. Because I know I am not hungry.

Day:03 -06.Jan.2015-(yesterday)
Breakfast: Same soup from 05.Jan.15 (2/7)
Lunch: 1 grilled baguette with butter + oregano + edam cheese filling and 1 can -about 400 gr- baked beans:(2/7)
06jan001_zpsa17f667e.jpg
Later on 1 large glass of smoothie(2/7)
And for dinner:1 grilled baguette with butter + oregano + edam cheese filling + 10cm long cucumber + 1 portion of red grapes. (2/7)
06jan005_zps955bad91.jpg

I managed 8/7 yesterday and I am happy for this.

Day:04 -07.Jan.2015-(yesterday)

Breakfast: Same soup( from 05.Jan.15 and finally it's finished) + 1 banana (3/7)

Later on: 1 large glass of smoothie (2/7)

Lunch: Menemen, basically a stir-fry containing: 2 eggs , 1 large red onion, some green peppers and 2 medium tomatoes with 3 regular size of wholemeal pitta (2/7)

jan7001_zps03f179cc.jpg

Dinner: 2 kebab sticks, 1 beef ale pie (originally I didn't want to buy, but I couldn't resist) and 1 portion of mango (before taking the picture, I already ate most of them) (1/7):

jan7003_zps66044f79.jpg

I managed 8/7 yesterday and but I wish I didn't eat the beef pie. Never mind, next time, I will try to be more 'strong' and will say no to the pie :D

Day:05 -08.Jan.2015-(yesterday)

Breakfast: Cauliflower + red onions +green pepper stir fry with 3 regular wholemeal pitta bread (2/7)
8jan1_zps5f933efa.jpg
Later: 1 banana + 100 gr dates (2/7)
Later: 1 large glass of smoothie (2/7)
Dinner: Chicken + mushroom pastry:
8jan2_zpsc30c33ec.jpg

And mixed fruit salad(2/7):
8jan_zpsea06cc73.jpg

Yesterday I managed 8/7, and I am happy about it.

Yesterday I really wanted to eat Chinese style curry. One of my local Chinese takeaway shop makes perfect Chinese curry. The problem is they offer many different sort of delicious stuff. So if I entered the shop yesterday I could have ended up ordering something like: 1 larger portion of egg fried rice, deep fried aubergines, chicken curry and mini spring rolls. And I would eat all of them without mercy ;) So therefore I said to myself NO.

In the morning I woke up and I was hungry and lusting after curry, so I made my own curry using ready-made Chinese style curry sauce with onions, tofu and carrots. But the sauce was tasting so nasty nothing like the actual curry I ate just a tiny bit with couscous (also ready made):

Before I ate:
9jan006_zpsf669563c.jpg
After I ate, I hardly could eat anything, probably about (0.5/7):
9jan007_zps1eecf2a6.jpg

Later on I ate 1 cheese + onion roll:
9jan008_zpsbc0047a6.jpg

600ml tomato soup (ready made) with 2 cheesy bread rolls (2/7):
9jan012_zps09322eb8.jpg

Dinner: A large portion of red grapes (2/7):
9jan013_zps052822f4.jpg

All in all I managed 4.5/7 although I supposed to manage 7/7. Never mind, that's alright. Hopefully tomorrow I will get my target.

***Addition for today's calorie intake (about an hour ago I felt really hungry and craving for protein and I really wanted to have something from the chicken shop but last minute I stopped myself and therefore got the following):

9jan_later002_zpsa62a7831.jpg
9jan_later001_zpsbcdd03f1.jpg

Day: 07 (Yesterday)
Breakfast: 1 wholemeal sandwich with smoked salmon and full fat soft cheese (0/7):
10jan11jan002_zps7695eec9.jpg
Later: 1 banana (1/7)

Lunch: 2 fried cod fish and the couscous from yesterday and half can of baked beans. I couldn't eat all of them couscous. (1/7)
10jan11jan003_zps406f7f6d.jpg
Later:
10jan11jan004_zpsc0e74565.jpg
Dinner: 2 peppered steak pastries:
10jan11jan005_zpsf32d1595.jpg
And later: 1 medium portion and 1 large portion of fruit salad (180gr + 360gr = 540gr) but I left a few bits I guess it weight would be about 480gr (4/7):
10jan11jan006_zps37fcacba.jpg

All in all 6/7 a day managed. Not bad.

Today - Day: 08
I weighted myself and lost 2.3kg~5 pounds within a week:
11jan001_zpsf1900b00.jpg

Back