7 stone to loose and no motivation

princesskim

:-(

Think that you need to figure out why you need to loose the weight ? As with no motivation, you are not even going to get off with a good start...

Why do you want to loose the weight anyway ?

Lisa x

Because I no I feel better and I honestly want to look better, no double chin, no fat belly n legs, but I'm so impatient its hard to keep on track, I've got severe depression and comfort eating is so hard to get out of. I hate eating in the day and morning so at night I make a pig of myself its silly n no its wrong. Just feel poo

I know what that feels like its like a downward spiral have u thought of a week on a vlcd u wod lose about 10 pounds n that gets u feeling like u can actually do it n gives u confidence I still have 7 stone to lose n my life is falling apart but I have not gone back to over eating as I need to feel there is something positive in my life

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

a week on a vlcd u wod lose about 10 pounds

Actually, it wouldn't. Because she would be switching from SW, she would retain water. And is losing 10lb a week really healthy? The quicker it comes off the quicker it goes on. I don't know anyone who would recommend that losing that much a week is healthy.

Just stick at it kim, I know you want to lose weight but you wont lose weight if you keep scoffing stuff you know you shouldn't.. no matter what diet you're on!

And is losing 10lb a week really healthy?!

^ This.
Losing so much weight at once isn't healthy.

I've always wanted to be thin but it never seem'd to motivate me enough - I also was suffering slight depression from my weight. Hopefully I am starting uni. next year which is one of my main motivations. Another one is that the when I visited my Dr. she took my blood pressure and it was very high and told me if I didn't lose weight I wouldn't live past 40 which honestly, scared the living day lights out of me.
Personally, I don't mean this in a bad way - you need to sort your depression first before your weight. Losing weight is a long, difficult process, you need to have really strong motivation and will power.
You have lost 8.5 lb, which is a really great achievement, be proud of yourself for that.
Try to keep positive, instead of sitting thinking about all the negative things, think of all the good things!

Hope this helps :)
:hug99:

Many healthcare professionals say tablets are too often prescribed for depression in ovwrweight people. A lot of docs now say eat healthier and exercise to relieve depression before considering tablets. A clean active life means your mind and body will function at their best.

Thanks guys :) I want to loose the weight as I believe it will help me but when I'm feeling negative its hard to get the motivation and binge eating **** is my help line lol Xx

Because I no I feel better and I honestly want to look better, no double chin, no fat belly n legs, but I'm so impatient its hard to keep on track, I've got severe depression and comfort eating is so hard to get out of. I hate eating in the day and morning so at night I make a pig of myself its silly n no its wrong. Just feel poo

Maybe going looking into some councelling... I would not recommend taking tablets, as these just cover up the problems, and it always comes back in the end.

I would deffo recommend LOTS and LOTS of excersise... it gives you a feel good boost, and that IS what you need!

If it was me, I would be concentrating on doing things to make me feel better, and comfort eating is deffo gonna make you feel worse.

Try doing a diary over the weeks, see if there is a pattern in what has happened over the day, sometimes, looking through what has happened can really make you look at things a different way, like is it really that bad..

Re the not eating through the day... try to get yourself in a new routine, where you go to bed earlier, and force yourself to eat in the morning, even a tin of fruit, to pick at whilst you are getting ready, just to get your body to start burning fat, and tins of fruit ( as long as they are not in syrup are fine) are refreshing. 4 weeks ago, I could not eat anything for around 5 hours after I got up.

No one wants a fat chin, no one wants a fat belly or arms, but dieting is a journey and it can be a long one.

Remember also, you loose weight in inches aswell as pounds, so measure yourself, I put 1lb on this week, but ive lost 2 inches over my body in 4 weeks, so I am not on a downer..

Hope things get better for you, and this is a nice little forum on here, and there is always someone around to encourage or listen to you!

Good Luck
Lisa xx

Kim,

Take a look at this thread
http://www.minimins.com/before-after-pictures/205055-6-stone-lost-2-go.html

She has lost this weight in 9 months, just by cutting down, and eating low fat.

I personally think there is nothing better than reading peoples stories who have lost the weight, they really are no different to you or I, they are normal people, who have followed through!

just think in june next year that could be you, or me or someone else who has lost all that weight... not far away is it..

Lisa xx

Last edited:
wow just had a look at them, they are amazing differences, i guess it does show you it might take time but in the end you can completly change the way you look if you stick to it! xxx feeling bit positive today haaa! and yes im just waiting for coucilling :) xx

Fantastic, keep looking around for different threads like that, to keep you motivated...

Just think in June we could all be a few dress sizes smaller! Oh the fun of shopping for nice new summer clothes, instead of jeans, and baggy tops... lets be real, we may say that we like wearing big baggy clothes but we don't really, we can get away with it at xmas.... not in summer tho!

So pleased to hear that you are feeling more positive today, and hope you don't have to wait too long for your councelling!

Lisa xx

Princess Kim its like listening words and feelings that are in my mind !

I know that losing weight will make u feel better and to help find that sparkle abt urself ! Getting the need to lose weight and turning into motivation rather than getting u to open another packet of crisps or a slightly bigger piece of cake is difficult an something in still trying to work on !

I wish u all the best on ur journey !

Thank you everyone for you kind advise and help! I love the support your all giving. Your helpful! I started on the right track, fruit and low fat yogurt for breakfast. For lunch I've not eaten and dinner nothing and its now 10pm so not done great, I don't really no what to do if I'm honest, been food shopping and craved everything I shouldnt! Im in so much pain as I've got osteo in my foot with has made it crumble at 22, its been cold today and walked alot so its very very painfull! It's swelling up and shooting and throbing. Cooking is the last thing I want to do! help :-( x

Thank you everyone for you kind advise and help! I love the support your all giving. Your helpful! I started on the right track, fruit and low fat yogurt for breakfast. For lunch I've not eaten and dinner nothing and its now 10pm so not done great, I don't really no what to do if I'm honest, been food shopping and craved everything I shouldnt! Im in so much pain as I've got osteo in my foot with has made it crumble at 22, its been cold today and walked alot so its very very painfull! It's swelling up and shooting and throbing. Cooking is the last thing I want to do! help :-( x

Ok, Panic not! today hasn't started off in the best way.... why don't you spend the weekend planning what you are going to eat for the week and start the diet on Monday, with a plan that you can stick to!

I would personally make some room in your freezer and make a few batches of soup, you can find loads of recipies on here for zero point soups etc....

dead easy really, veg or chicken stock, loads of veg, and seasoning. You can add chicken to it, or dry noodles, spinnach etc.

You can freeze these aswell! And usually a batch would do at least 4 portions. So at least if you are having a bad day, you can pull a soup out. Or buy a thermos, and take the soup out with you in that...

You have not said what diet you are following if you are ... ?

stock up over the weekend, and empty your cupboards of junk :eek: and spend a few hours getting a stock pile of food made up... pain in the back side, but worth it!

Cheer Up gal !

Lisa xx

Hey guys. I've decided after a panic attack earlier about food and many other things slimming world and I need to have a break, I'm stressing about it and getting anxious when I really don't need to its a lifestyle change not something for me to feel this way about. Need to sort my journey on getting better before I even try and start another journey!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Sorry to hear that it's not working for you Kim :( Good luck with sorting your problems out first. :hug99: When you feel ready to diet again, you should follow what Cobra said - that is some good dieting advice :D
x x x

She is! I've agreed with my consultant on holiday so will c how I feel in 2 weeks Xx

Hey guys. I've decided after a panic attack earlier about food and many other things slimming world and I need to have a break, I'm stressing about it and getting anxious when I really don't need to its a lifestyle change not something for me to feel this way about. Need to sort my journey on getting better before I even try and start another journey!

Really sorry to hear that, I suffer with panic attacks and they are horrible.

I do agree with you that you should knock the diet on the head for now, but PLEASE stay on the site, even though you are not dieting, I really think that you need all the support that you can get, and the good side about this forum is that we are all strangers who are friends, meaning that you can say how you really feel, knowing that we don't personally know to judge you.

On the upside of staying on the forum, you will pick up loads of good advise, without really knowing it, and when it comes to re-starting your diet, you will have a arsenal of knowledge to make the right choice that is good for YOU !

All the very best!

Lisa xx

Back