Step 1 Sole Source 70 lbs to lose before I cruise!!!

rachele

Well hello everyone!

I've started CD today. Not the first time.... but defo the last!! I managed a 5.5 stone loss in 2009 but have put 4.5 back on :(.

So I have 19 weeks until I go on a Med cruise with my family as I don't want to be fat and selfconscious next to the beautiful people of Italy. My plan is to lose 70lbs i.e. 5 stone and never look back.

So by my calculations I need to lose 3.6 pounds on average each week til I go. No room for excuses and hopefuly posting on here will help keep me motivated.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted!

You can definitely do it.. as long as your in the right mindset you'll be fine!! Atleast you've got something to aim for, an incentive!!
I've only just started and i'm a very naughty CD'er so don't go looking at my diary if its inspiration your after (HAHA), but i've set myself a 2lbs a week target to reach my goal in June and that is so do-able, so you will DEFFO do it, especially with all the inspirational people on here!! :D

GOOD LUCK!! :D

Thanks for the encouragement Sian! I will take a peek at your diary and see how 'naughty' you're being. Lol :)

Welcome Rachel, I am in my first week of cd but loving all the extra energy I have. Look forward to hearing how your getting on and hope we can support each other x

Welcome Rachel, I am in my first week of cd but loving all the extra energy I have. Look forward to hearing how your getting on and hope we can support each other x

Thanks Lauraswift! Can't wait til the energy kicks in as have been feeling so lethargic probably due to the rubbish I've been shoving down my throat! Be great to support each other on our journey to slimdom. I was having a look at a few other diaries but someones got a cupcake as their picture and posts quite a bit???!!! I can't stand looking at it any longer!!! Lol

Anyway good luck with your first weigh in!

The cupcake picture would be me - I normally use the app and it doesn't show avatars so I haven't noticed that it's still food related (I was on WW)

I'll change it.

Good luck Rachele, you've been here before, you know the drill, I'm sure you'll get that weight off in no time. For good!

The cupcake picture would be me - I normally use the app and it doesn't show avatars so I haven't noticed that it's still food related (I was on WW)

I'll change it.

Hahaha thanks for changing it... It made my mouth water! The pony's agood choice with the horse meat scandal! Lol :) I see you've lost over 2 stone.... well done. How are you finding it? :)

Good luck Rachele, you've been here before, you know the drill, I'm sure you'll get that weight off in no time. For good!

Cheers scooterchick! I want to do it so badly... don't know why I've been struggling to restart but this has to be it this time! :p

Your not the first one who has mentioned it, I have a working laptop now so no excuse!

Thanks - There's been highs and lows but it's all psychological now. I know I'm not hungry, but I would still eat if I gave myself half a chance! I don't think that feeling will completely go so I'll just learn to get through the next 8 months with it.

Good luck! You'll be a slim jim once your cruise is here!

Hey how you getting on?

Your not the first one who has mentioned it, I have a working laptop now so no excuse!

Thanks - There's been highs and lows but it's all psychological now. I know I'm not hungry, but I would still eat if I gave myself half a chance! I don't think that feeling will completely go so I'll just learn to get through the next 8 months with it.

Good luck! You'll be a slim jim once your cruise is here!

I know that feeling... I feel like I'm constantly battling ageinst my inner voice who keeps telling me to eat something! ;) We just need to hang in there I keep trying to remember how good I felt last time and just don't want to waste it all this time.

Hey how you getting on?

Well my first day I did cheat.... nothing too major but rather than just giving up day 2 became my first 100% day. I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Wed and hoping for a good number! How are you getting on? :)

Don't really know what's up with me at the mo though. Feeling like my lifes pretty dull! I've only just started a new career which I studied for 3 years for but I'm not feeling particularly fulfilled by it! I know better than thinking losing weight will change my life cos it doesn't but maybe I'll feel more like exercising and getting out there when I've shifted a bit. I've always been out going whatever my weight and done a lot of exciting stuff in my life but at the moment I just cannot be arsed with anything or anyone apart from my children...especially not the hubby!!! Grhhh!!! Maybe its a mid life crissis! :sigh:

Well I'll update soon and will hopefully be in a better less moany mood! Lol xx

I know that feeling... I feel like I'm constantly battling ageinst my inner voice who keeps telling me to eat something! ;) We just need to hang in there I keep trying to remember how good I felt last time and just don't want to waste it all this time.

Well my first day I did cheat.... nothing too major but rather than just giving up day 2 became my first 100% day. I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Wed and hoping for a good number! How are you getting on? :)

Don't really know what's up with me at the mo though. Feeling like my lifes pretty dull! I've only just started a new career which I studied for 3 years for but I'm not feeling particularly fulfilled by it! I know better than thinking losing weight will change my life cos it doesn't but maybe I'll feel more like exercising and getting out there when I've shifted a bit. I've always been out going whatever my weight and done a lot of exciting stuff in my life but at the moment I just cannot be arsed with anything or anyone apart from my children...especially not the hubby!!! Grhhh!!! Maybe its a mid life crissis! :sigh:

Well I'll update soon and will hopefully be in a better less moany mood! Lol xx

Keep your chin up Rachel ! What is your job? Why not try get a new hobbie? I used to dance loads but stopped when I went to uni. I have started a class at the gym which is very cardio but dancing so although its doing me good I really enjoy the dance :) I am not a fitness fan by any means but really enjoy this and look forward to it. I am also keeping busy by fundraising for a charity I'm involved with. It helps me not to think about food and before I know it I will (hopefully) be slim :)

Try stay focused I know it's not easy but it will be totally worth it :) if your struggling you know to come here and we will all support you x

Aw Rachele good luck :)

I am in the same position, I got a new job a month ago in something that took me 3 years to train for. I think its the way you vision yourself in the job and its not right as your not happy with your weight? Maybe its just me, but I find it hard settling into a job where I work with designers which are fashion concious and skinny!! I would love to one day where fashionable clothes!!
I get a bit bummed out in the evenings, it helps living on my own as I am not surrounded by food and dinner times but at the same time I get so bored and food used to be my go to, like cooking dinner in the evening burns time.. I will have to get a hobby!!

Keep your chin up, when the weight starts coming off you will feel the burst of energy and confidence which will eradicate the 'midlife' crisis :) just remember youre not alone and whenever your feeling low post on here, or have a look at the success stories they keep me going when I am down! xx

Keep your chin up Rachel ! What is your job? Why not try get a new hobbie? I used to dance loads but stopped when I went to uni. I have started a class at the gym which is very cardio but dancing so although its doing me good I really enjoy the dance :) I am not a fitness fan by any means but really enjoy this and look forward to it. I am also keeping busy by fundraising for a charity I'm involved with. It helps me not to think about food and before I know it I will (hopefully) be slim :)

Try stay focused I know it's not easy but it will be totally worth it :) if your struggling you know to come here and we will all support you x

Thanks Lauraswift.. I'm a radiographer only part time and think its leaving me with too much time on my hands. I gave up so much stuff I used to enjoy when I was at uni and neglected friends too You're right I need to get myself involved with other things I just need to get motivated. Thanks for your wise words. :)

Aw Rachele good luck :)

I am in the same position, I got a new job a month ago in something that took me 3 years to train for. I think its the way you vision yourself in the job and its not right as your not happy with your weight? Maybe its just me, but I find it hard settling into a job where I work with designers which are fashion concious and skinny!! I would love to one day where fashionable clothes!!
I get a bit bummed out in the evenings, it helps living on my own as I am not surrounded by food and dinner times but at the same time I get so bored and food used to be my go to, like cooking dinner in the evening burns time.. I will have to get a hobby!!

Keep your chin up, when the weight starts coming off you will feel the burst of energy and confidence which will eradicate the 'midlife' crisis :) just remember youre not alone and whenever your feeling low post on here, or have a look at the success stories they keep me going when I am down! xx

Hi gottakeepsmilling. Well I wear a very unflattering uniform especially when your on the large size! Yeah evenings are my worst time it's the time I feel I deserve a treat which in my mind is food. You're right we need a hobby we should make a pact to get one! This place is great as you definately feel supported by people who know how you feel. Thanks :)

Feeling positive today... had a sneaky look on the scales and its looking good. First weigh in tomorrow can't wait. :))

I still get on the scales most days, it's the best bit of the day seeing the numbers go down! Best of luck for tomo x

Lol I am usually a daily weigher but wanted a surprise! Your losses are great and just took a quick look at your diary you seem very focussed. I hope I can keep going. The first time is defo the easiest... if I had a pound for every 2 week restart over the last three years I'd be a rich woman! I just keep thinking fatty on a cruise... not going to be me!!! ;)

I think I look too much at scales but it is a good boost when you feel down or craving a meal :) good luck with weigh in :)x

Oh no I've just eaten a piece of flapjack and I'm fighting the urge to continue and have a total binge! Weigh in tomorrow wtf is wrong with me!!!!!!!

Oh no I've just eaten a piece of flapjack and I'm fighting the urge to continue and have a total binge! Weigh in tomorrow wtf is wrong with me!!!!!!!

Don't beat yourself up. Just put it away or better bin it! Stop and don't eat anymore. When you wi tomro you will feel so proud that who didn't eat the whole thing :)

Back