74 stone woman...

JezVonSavage

Lost in the Supermarket
I can't believe there isn't a thread about this already, I have looked, apologies if there is a blindingly obvious one.

The docu is on c4+1 now, it was also on the other night. The thing I don't understand about people of that size, or maybe the thing that frustrates me about these kind of documentaries; why does nobody ever ask "so what happened on the day that you decided to just not get up and never walk again?"

That's the bit I don't understand!

I only caught the last 5mims. I always think well someone's going out and buying u junk n feeding it to u, how can someone who loves u do that to u!! Or how could u do it to yourself. It's sad really, like u say, something must have triggered it!! However, it did make me think the little gain over Xmas isn't the end of the world lol x

Happy Holidays said:
I missed it but would love to have seen it. What annoys me is the people who 'love' them buy them all the food for them, most of which tends to be unhealthy & the big question for me, how the heck can they afford to eat so much:eek:

Thats the question I would like the answer too!

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

I often wonder that with programmes of this ilk. I can't watch them, I get too mad! I was, at a guess, knocking on 22st at my biggest, and I felt so sh.t. seriously, could barely get to the end of the road without huffing and puffing and I knew KNEW that I had to do something.

The other I've read about was a woman who wad deliberately trying to be the fattest woman ever, she's setting such a bad example, and eating herself to death. If it was the UK, when she reaches her grave there'd be a whole "why didn't anyone stop her" investigation and that... just seems to be entertainment in the US...

I watched the program in shock almost, i know i let myself get to 16 stone but i cant ever imagine letting myself get to 74! I remember the 'thats enough' moment i had and i cant understand why, with all the stones piling on she didnt have one of those moments? or maybe it just came too late? I know we are all guilty of letting things get out of control but surely the people around her should have done everything they could to help - it made me sick to see her supposed loving husband helping her eat herself to death
xxx

and to know I killed a child by rolling over onto them would be enough to put me on a diet.

I watched it the other night, it turns out that she didn't kill the child, it was her sister who had hit the lad with a hairbrush and was BLAMING the 74 stone woman for his death!

It does annoy me seeing that and wonder what's going through her mind but we never know the backgrounds of these people. People comfort eat and maybe she's had a massive trauma and just ate to try and help. The people around her didn't help though I do agree.

I do enjoy my food, but not THAT much.

The good thing from this though is the the OH said he would still love me if I was that big. :)

Happy Holidays said:
I missed it but would love to have seen it. What annoys me is the people who 'love' them buy them all the food for them, most of which tends to be unhealthy & the big question for me, how the heck can they afford to eat so much:eek:

She was eating up to 18,000 calories a day! Often managing 2 entire cheesecakes as a dessert. I couldn' afford that 7 days a week! And I don't think her husband was working!

hannata said:
why would you even WANT to eat two whole cheesecakes.... hell yeah I could eat half a cheesecake maybe, but if I was eating even half a cheesecake a day I would feel bloody awful -_-

I have no idea....believe it or not that was as a dessert! Ie, after a massive dinner!

I managed to watch this on C4 catch up, what an amazing programme.

A few things which became apparent; how much she loved her sister, so much so she was prepared to die herself; how much time & money was spent in getting the court room prepared for her, I really can't imagine that happening to the same extent in the UK, crikey her lawyer even went out & bought a mattress for her!!! As the sister & Mayra said after the child had died, nobody was thinking about the child, just how big Mayra is. Also only now after all the publicity can she receive the help she deserves.

A truly interesting & eye opening programme.

74 stone woman

I watched it the other night, it turns out that she didn't kill the child, it was her sister who had hit the lad with a hairbrush and was BLAMING the 74 stone woman for his death!

It does annoy me seeing that and wonder what's going through her mind but we never know the backgrounds of these people. People comfort eat and maybe she's had a massive trauma and just ate to try and help. The people around her didn't help though I do agree.

I do enjoy my food, but not THAT much.

The good thing from this though is the the OH said he would still love me if I was that big. :)

and that is why I removed it after eventually watching the whole program!!!!

I saw this too, really interesting documentary. At the end, after the murder case was closed, she was starting to get medical help - she lost 12st just in excess water once she got medication for her edema (fluid retention in her legs), and had lost 34st after liposuction etc in hospital. I guess somewhere there is a tipping point, and once you pass it all the related health issues just make it so much harder to do anything about it, and then you get into a downward spiral. But I agree about the cost and the logistics of eating that much everyday - mind boggling.

There are usually loads of programs like this on SKY. This they are alled Half Ton Teen or something.

Back