Extra Easy 75 1/2 syns left

Agree with Starlight. In my experience, everyone here only wants to help, and not offend. If weekly syns works for you, then that's great. The daily is recommended as it disincetivises 'binge'ing. Hope your weigh in goes well :)

FreeBee said:
Agree with Starlight. In my experience, everyone here only wants to help, and not offend. If weekly syns works for you, then that's great. The daily is recommended as it disincetivises 'binge'ing. Hope your weigh in goes well :)

Thanx freebee so do i x

I apologise I didn't mean to be patronising. However if you have a problem with any post please use the report function.

The majority of consultants will not advise a new starter to use syns weekly. You really should be trying to use at least 5 a day, and to be honest, you should be using as many as you can in the early stages of your weight loss.
When times get hard syns are the things that you can cut down on quite easily and are the first thing to be reduced.

If you have them left, just leave it for this week but try to use them daily if you can.

I think you need to accept those syns as lost now - maybe have a treat of up to 20 if it makes you feel better (but then a WI, if you don't lose you won't be sure why).

I think as long as you've had at least 5 syns each day it shouldn't harm your loss for this week. Beware though, some people do lose slower if they don't have their syns, and it's much easier to take control of them if you do it daily. When I'm being 100% I try to have 5 (ish) Mon to Thur and 15 Fri - Sun (they always disappear much quicker at the weekend - esp if you have a roast with gravy and yorkshire puds).

Can I just ask for clarification of something-you said you are not using weekly syns, yet in the same post you then said you are counting backwards from 105-is this not one in the same thing???? With regards to the syns you've got left over, if you haven't used them, then you lose them unfortunately :) good luck for weigh in xx

Welshtigger said:
Can I just ask for clarification of something-you said you are not using weekly syns, yet in the same post you then said you are counting backwards from 105-is this not one in the same thing???? With regards to the syns you've got left over, if you haven't used them, then you lose them unfortunately :) good luck for weigh in xx

I write them down daily how many i use a day, then i count down from 105 and write that next to it.
For example....
Tues used 5. 100 left
I dont/ wouldnt use more than 15 a day unless i had to, but i like to write it both ways & then its easier for me to know how many i have used in a week at a quick glance.
Hope this makes sence, will post later my loss & let you guys know how i got on x

Sometimes I use my syns daily but I much prefer to count them back from 105, but to be honest I still keep within 10-20 syns a day by doing this. I think we're all different but if it works for you then go for it.
I tend to use my syns in every day foods and not on any one thing, for example, if I have bread I always have 2 thick slices from a wholemeal loaf and count whatever is over 60g as syns. Also, mayo, gravy, sauce etc that can make a meal nice(r) can add syns.
I get weighed on a Tuesday and by the time saturday comes it has generally levelled out that I have about 10 syns a day left having had higher synned days at the start of the week x

Back