790 Plan - Pros & Cons??

chelle_powell

We ride, we ride....
Hi all,

I'm debtaing whether or not to do the 790 plan. I've been on the plan for 4 1/2 weeks now without cheating (this is a restart and the longest I've managed to ss).
My questions are;

Do u stay in ketosis?
Do hunger pangs return?
Compared to SSing , are losses good?

Would appreciate any input/views!!

Thanks guys!

Much love, Chelle xx

Hi all,

I'm debtaing whether or not to do the 790 plan. I've been on the plan for 4 1/2 weeks now without cheating (this is a restart and the longest I've managed to ss).
My questions are;

Do u stay in ketosis?
Do hunger pangs return?
Compared to SSing , are losses good?

Would appreciate any input/views!!

Thanks guys!

Much love, Chelle xx

Hi Chelle and Gen.. just a quickie to answer your questions:

1) Most people will stay in ketosis on 790 so long as the food types and portions are strictly kept too...
2) Hunger pangs will only return if you come out of ketosis, which shouldn't happen.
3) The losses on 790 are expected to be similar to SS... maybe one lb a month less.

Hope this is enough info... good luck with whichever plan you choose:)

Love xxxxx:)

Thankyou!!!

Hey Mandy

Thanks for the info!
If the losses are only 1lb a month less tham SSing it might well be worth considering - then I can have milk in my coffee!!! Oh and a (teeny) meal with hubby - I miss eating with him of an evening, and he's looking very sorry for himself when he has his tea! (awwww!)

Much love, Chelle xx

i just finished 790, and i loved it, i didnt coem out of ketosis, and i wasnt starving or getting hunger pangs, but i did enjy my meal, and my losses were fine

I have been doing 790 for 3 days and am loving it cant speak for the weight loss but after SSing and aam the food portions (strictly weighed) look Huuuuuuuggge to me

I'm considering doing 790 at some point - ummmmm what is it? What does yr BMI have to be to do it?

Hi everyone

Thanks soo much for the replies! It's soo difficult to know what to do, I want this weight off soo fast but I also am thinking about food and worrying that I will lose control once I start eating again!! My mind is doing overtime - I'm even waking up thinking I've cheated and have blown the plan again, when I haven't!!

Dom - 790 is CD and basically u have ur 3 packs (or 2 and 1 bar) aswell as skimmed milk and veg & protein for tea - all measured amounts! Have a look in ur yellow CD book hun and it'll have all the details, or go onto CD's website.

Thanks again everyone!

Much love, Chelle xx

I was on LL, so don't have a book! Ta for the info Chelle! Sounds like I'll def be doing it when i get back from India.

Hi there.
Been doing CD since 3.1.06.I did SS with add a meal.
For the last 4 weeks have been doing 790and stayed in Ketosis so did not feel hungry
My last 3 week losses have still been good 3lb,4.5lb,3.5lb.
Having milk in coffe has been great.
Hope this helps
{{{HUGS}}}

Well day 5 for me on 790. I started cambridge diets on saturday, its the only plan I have done....5lbs lost today!

After many months of failing to start ss. I am going to start on the 790 plan tommorrow. Feeling more positive about it.
Mandy

I am planning on starting 790 on Wednesday after 6 months of SS!
The 2 tablespoons of greens etc, is that 2 tablespoons raw or when cooked? I was just thinking that some veg sheink a lot when cooked. Also, 2 tablespoons of salad vegetables would be very small, unless chopped up.
Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks

Dawn

im on the 790, started on that too. not done sole source. Regarding measurements...well i tend to go by raw, though it is bloody tricky i.e asparagus? how do you measure it? My motto, go for less when guessing.

What about mushrooms? I have seen posts on here that say that you can have mushrooms on 790 and my CDC said it was okay, but they are not listed in the book that I have got.

Thanks

Dawn

Hi,

I started CD on 790 last friday and I am really enjoying it. I didn't have any hunger pangs more of an empty feeling. I love the idea of having milk in my tea and coffee and having a small meal at dinner time, I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Chelle, I hope things are going ok with you. What have you decided to do.

Lola, good luck with 790 it feels like heaven compared to SS even though you only have a tiny meal.

I hope everyone is is OK. Post and let me know. I'm feeling lonely with everyone doing SS.

Back