7lbs off but losing £s too

vj

I am really pleased that my 1st wi shows 7lbs have fallen off.

I happily ordered another 3 weeks of ss & sunshine orange, don't have to worry about menus.

Then... my lovely cdc asked for £120. Aaargh, I gulped hard. She tried to sweeten the pill saying I coudn't get 3 weeks worth of shopping at Tesco. That's as maybe. But I only work part-time and do the basics for food and entertainment for my family, dh & I haven't been out together since Sept. Trying hard to justify this diet financially to myself.

Anyone else feeling the pinch?

yes i am for sure , its hard enough to manage without handing over that much , but if thats what it takes then i'll bite my tongue and keep it up for as long as i possibly can , feels a little selfish spending so much on myself but hopefuly it will be well worth it

I know what you mean this diet is expensive but CD is the cheapest going. I paid out £300 a month on LL but after 9weeks have to give it up as i could not afford it. I try and see it that i would easy spend that on food at tescos, or on my lunch, or snacks through out the day. Losing weight means so much and for a great diet like CD it does cost to see results so fast.

I totally understand where your coming from, its just after christmas money is tight with the recession etc its hard. I think CD is fairly priced tho and has alot more variety. I have had to wait for the right time so i could do CD and i will be paying a month at a time so i make sure i dont go into any money for the CD in the month.

<3 xxx

The way i look at it is if i wasn't doing CD i would most definately spend more than that on junk!

Yes, I think it is a case of getting my head round it and balancing it against but old purchases. But as for biting my tongue, I don't think I can tell dh. I just keep it quietly hidden in my overdraft.
I think Ebay is calling...
Need to chuck out the junk, starting with the maternity stuff & any fat clothes in the wardrobe.

i always get 2 weeks supply at a time and yes it seems expensive but even tho i still have to shop for hubs and 2 kids the shopping bills certainly went down, hubby is also starting CD hopefully next week, when i go for WI thurs i will arrange for him to go sat so as long as she can see him he will start and he will also get 2 weeks supply at a time, if we find that we struggle getting 2 weeks supply x2 then we will just have to go to weekly

I've heard a lot of people mention its a high price but getting fat doesn't come cheap either, I know i spend a lot more when i'm in binge mode and eating healthy normal food costs at least £7.50 from my calculations and it will take way longer to see results; i am thinking of returning my tubs (fibre, water flav, mix a mouse) though for more sachets as they add to the price quite a bit and are not really required.

Try to stick with it, just look at your first week loss, and in hindsight, i'm sure the results will be priceless to you.

I only payed £33 for LT and now paying £38 for CD and i have the food to buy for ss+ but it still isn't as muchas i would be spend having takeaways, eating out and grabbing a sandwich and sausage roll from the bakers everyother day. Like you said it just seems alot when it's all in one go but it isn't that bad really. Good luck for 2nd week!

I do hun.

What the CDC's forget is, us mothers still have to buy food for the family. It's not £120 for all of us, it's £120 for just one person.

I'm about £82 for 2 weeks, I can afford it if I do it every 2 weeks when I get paid, but I do notice the kids miss out on treats from the shop, which isn't a bad thing. But I feel bad lol.

Yes, it's tough, that's why I'm so angry at myself for cheating. I've actually withdrawn some of my investment specifically for CD, as an investment in myself. Which ain't going to work if I continue to cheat, it will be a complete waste of money.

Right, I've gave myself a good talking to. It'll be worth it for us all, just look at doubledebra's pics!!

umm i go weekly as couldnt get 2 weeks at a time due to money constraints per week but i still manage to get 3 people fed on benifits for 2 ( hes out of work and not entitled to benifits ) way i manage it is i do alot of shopping down the local market, way cheaper. in morrisons i spend £1.58 for 4 bell peppers ( value bag ) and yet i can get 2 bags of 6 for £1.00 at the market. i get all our meat and fish from the market, fruit and veg too and all the african stuff we get for about £30, the meat usually does us 4 weeks too
my daughters on a high fat diet so we buy lots of double cream, butter, biscuits etc i tend to get treat stuff for her depending whats on offer that week to keep costs down
i spent way more on slimming world and of course when off cambridge
oh and chocolate for the child? i get the 27p value stuff and keep it in the freezer for her, the only time she gets cadburys is if they have it cheap down the market, lol

oh and the other thing i do is hit morrisons about an hour before closing time and check out the bargin sections, i have 2 freezers so i freeze bread thats going for 10p, i freeze yogurts, ham, milk anything

I'm sorry, but if you'd already done it for a week why were you surprised? You're told at your first session how much it costs :/. It's around £37-£40 a week depending on your CDC; and that is a proper bargin for me!!! I could spend that on a night out before I started CDC; with drinks and a meal. £120 is 3 x £40... But when I first looked into it I was a bit shocked that milkshakes could cost so much... but when you break down what you spend on food.... 50p for a chocolate bar here.... £2 for a sandwich there... it doesn't seem as bad :)

Maybe it seems simpler to me because I had a BMI of 50 when I started this. I probably wasn't going to live long enough to HAVE kids, let alone see them grow up. Being fat is more unhealthy than taking almost all illegal drugs.

Didn't realise you could freeze yoghurt. I also shop online, even paying for the delivery it's still cheaper than all the wee extra's that end up in your trolley cos they happened to catch your eye........

Yup I'm totally feeling it, my student loan doesn't go very far! I pay £190 for a 4 week supply, it's not cheap and it's definitely more than I'd be paying if I was eating normal food as I can eat cheaply, one thing I know well as a student! But the way I see it is that it's totally worth it, so I will do all I can to try and afford it, but yes it's hard. I start a part time job next week which will hopefully help. If I have to sell old clothes and books on ebay, then so be it. I'm putting me and this diet first for a change!

am i the only one saving money? I pay 36 a week. But tbh im saving money as we arnt going out and eatting lol

I'm with you Kimmie, we actually save money when I'm doing CD - think if hubby had his way he'd keep me on it for life, much better for the bank account! When I'm on cd I don't spend money on sandwich etc at lunch time which when I was out buying that I'd end up buying other bits and bobs, food bill is down, alcohol bill is wayyyy down (think he's worried the councils recycling men may lose their jobs), also him and our son don't have takeaways the way which if I'm completely honest we would have them if we were eating.

When I buy clothes as I move down sizes I only ever buy value bits and to be honest Ive been up and down that much I should be fine without buying hardly anything!

Think I've almost talked myself into sticking with cd!

I'm on 4 a day as I'm 5ft 9, so it's about £49 a week, which is a lot more than I would normally spend on food and drink in a week. I never really did takeaways or meals out, and probably spent half that on my normal shopping!

im 5ft8, so "supposed" to have 4 a day but cdc gives me 3 a day. My OH has just lost his job and i still manage to afford it. I treat myself every week aswell like this week iv got mint choc shakes, choc tetras&bars [my treat lol] and its came to 38

Back