8 and a half syns in casserole mix

chantsy86

My mum made me chicken casserole for tea I ate it then asked to look at the packet I went online and checked and it was 8 1/2 syns I was so unhappy and can't stop thinking what I could have done with all them syns luckily I've only had 1other syn today but I'm still not happy. It's so hard when eating at someone's house and you can't start telling them how to cook I'm just in shock that there were so many syns in a packet of dried casserole mix I'm sure I'll get over it lol. Hw do other people go in eating at people houses.

Did you eat the whole casserole to yourself? If not, you can divide the syns by the number of portions it made. 8 and a half isn't so bad for a casserole mix that serves 4 - just over 2 syns each!

That's for the portion online calculator asked for 100g info and then asked for portion size I put it all in and it came back 8 1/2 syns I was expecting 5 at the most

Ahh, sorry :(

I was thinking you meant like a casserole mix (dried powder stuff). Was it a sauce-based one? The ready made sauces are generally quite high as they have no free food allowance so 1 syn for every 20 cals.

Nevermind - draw a line under it and carry one :)

Yea it was dry but the calories were really high in it when I looked. it was a sainsburys one. Does it make a difference if it's dry or do you still count the 20 cal for one syn only my 4th week so still getting to grips with it I no proper herbs n spices are ok.

Yeah it's still 1 syn for 20 cals but that sounds ridiculously high for one portion of the dried stuff. Are you sure you're working it out correctly? The pack often gives calorie information based on the entire meal (including whatever fresh ingredients you've added etc) you need to look just at the cals for the dry mixture. I don't want to seem patronising, just want to make sure :) I'll give you an example.

I had Coleman's Spaghetti Bolognese mix for tea tonight. Per 100g (as sold) was something like 320 cals. The pack size was 44g so I worked out the cals for that was 140 which = 7 Syns for the whole bolognese. I then split those syns between the portions.

Well I looked on the back of pack and it had per 100g and then next to it it had average serving info so in the calculator I put all the info in for 100g that it asked for if I remember rightly calories protein carbs and there was another as well. I entered all that then it had at bottom of 100g info the size of portion so I entered what it said was average per serving was which I remember being roughly 227 which is defo more than is in pack but I thought was correct because of water that is added ? It was split between 4 of us as well. I thought it was high to I'm not even so bothered about the syns because I've not gone over anyway I just wanna no if it's worked out right I've tried searching for it on slimming world but I can't find it

Yeah think its a bit confusing with the serving sizes on the packet because they often include the made up recipe. Portion size of the dry mix would be roughly 10g of a 40g pack if split between 4 people. That's how I work it anyway :)

I think it'll definitely be a lot less than 8.5 Syns so don't worry too much :)

Oh ok like you say I'll draw a line under yesterday but what your saying makes sense I'll jus mention it on Tuesday at weigh in to see how it's worked out I think you are right though that it should defiantly not be that high for a mix thanks for explaining it too me :)

Back