8 stone to lose and im afraid...

Ice-Skater

I am on a restart of cd back on it 100% now day one 2moro...now i had a number of things that tripped me up but i have realised one of the factors was how i wud feel about my new body....

did anyone read this weeks pick me up magazine it showed a lady who lost half her body weight did u see that picture well it scared me i was thinkin thats my body in a few months time made me think id rather stay fat than wrinkly and saggy...i know that u can have surgery to correct this but im a single mum i cannot afford that type of surgery ;-(.......does anyone else think these type of things?

indeed, i always worrie about how i will feel in my new body, should i get there that is :)

I did this weightview thing that someone told me about which reduces a pic you upload by upto 50lbs, once i got my picture back i nearly cried. To be honest it was a bad pic of me anyway but they had messed me all up :( I was thinner but i hated my face n neck and chunky arms but i really think i was all out of proportion which made me look bad. anyway since then i have found it very hard to get my head into gear and i have that pic in my head :cry:

Hi folks... just wanted to say, I empathise with the self-sabotage. All the reasons you trot out for yourself not to do something you know, at heart, you need to do and should do.

I've lost just over 7 stone, and yes, my old skin has taken a hammering with the sag mallet. In an ideal world I would love to have extensive plastic surgery and feel happy enough to don a bikini in front of the general public. I doubt it'll ever happen, though! But I'd never have been seen dead in a bikini at my starting weight, either, so I don't feel like I've deprived myself of much. The thing is, these concerns are superficial stuff - got to realise that. The main reason for losing weight has to be for your health, physical and mental. Being around for longer with the people you love, being able to do more with them, not feeling bucketloads of shame for endless tiny reasons every time the topic of weight rears its head during the day. Just being able to get out of the car in the supermarket carpark without having to instantly rearrange the layers of clothing to make sure every roll and bulge is concealed. Feeling like you're free to worry less about how you appear and how people may judge you for it. Not feeling a slave to food and a slave to your addiction. There's a load of benefits that outweigh the wrinkle factor, so don't let your addiction craftily whisper half-truths and excuses in your ear, or throw down obstacles before you even start.

Best of luck to both of you and everyone else struggling to lose a large amount. I know it seems like Everest at first, but compare it to the potential feeling of continuing to gain weight until you reach a point of seriously ill no return. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll conquer it! :)

You are an Ice skater? I used to skate and it's great exercise. As long as you keep up the exercise and lose weight at a sensible rate you are less likely to get saggy skin. use Bio Oil and vitamin E creams. If the worst comes to the worst and you need to have skin surgically removed then you can have it done on the NHS. Get in there first with the doctors, involve them in your journey and it will be easier to get the referral at the end as they will have your stats on record. Good luck x

I am definitely no expert (with about 10st to lose) but I think if you keep the exercise up then your skin shouldn't be too bad.

But I agree with what a previous poster has said - I wouldn't care if I was tucking my loose skin into my knickers as long as I wasn't overweight lol!

I worry about loose skin too (I have about 8 stone to lose), but I'm hoping that with exercise (and with being only 24) that it will spring back. If it doesn't then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but for me losing weight is the most important thing right now.

Good on Mina Hobbi! She looks great now! I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to look like a body builder though...lol :)

Ive got 7 and a half stone to lose, i dont care if I get loose skin as long as i lose this weight, Id rather have loose skin than full skin like I have now!!xx

12stone

to go think the best thing for it is to moisturise as much as you can excercise as much as you can and hope for the best - for me i'd rather be slim and saggy then fat and firm not like i wear backless dresses anyway :bunnydance:

Back