8 stone to lose in 8 months!

Jessimaca87

Hi everyone, Im new here but thought I would leave a bit of a comment, got a bit of a shock when stepping on the scales for the first time in years the other day to see 18st 5lb come up, so i started a new diet plan, im setting myself to lose a stone a month, so that I will be slim and healthy for summer next year, i started a vegetarian diet a week ago and lost 6lb in my first week, not the greatest first week, have heard people generally lose alot more in the first week but im happy! this week i shall be stepping up the exercise alot more, if anyone else is in a similar position id love a buddy to do this with, im Jess, 22 from south wales. x

Hi Jess.

I'm not in a similar position but wanted to offer you a few tips.

I was 15 stone 3 lbs last year and a size 18 - and more. I'm now 9 stone 7 and a size 8-10. So, I have lost almost 6 stone, using a variety of methods to get me there.

A stone a month is ambitious. Yes, it is doable but it takes an awful lot of willpower to sustain it. You will, of course, lose more in the first month or two before losses will slow.

Re exercise... there really is no need to hit the gym just yet! By all means concentrate on becoming more active - walk more etc... but anything more doesn't matter for now. Concentrate on getting the healthy eating in place first, lose two or three stone and then start some formal exercise. To use myself as an example... there was little point in me doing crunches and press ups at 15 stone... to tone up what? Excess fat? So I dieted to around 11 stone and then got back in the gym and concentrated on toning and fat burning. Weight loss comes mainly from controlling your calories and white carbs.

Good luck with it all. And 6lb for the first week is very good.

Jessimaca87 said:
Hi everyone, Im new here but thought I would leave a bit of a comment, got a bit of a shock when stepping on the scales for the first time in years the other day to see 18st 5lb come up, so i started a new diet plan, im setting myself to lose a stone a month, so that I will be slim and healthy for summer next year, i started a vegetarian diet a week ago and lost 6lb in my first week, not the greatest first week, have heard people generally lose alot more in the first week but im happy! this week i shall be stepping up the exercise alot more, if anyone else is in a similar position id love a buddy to do this with, im Jess, 22 from south wales. x

Hey jess. I'm in the same position as you. I'm a bit heavier than you and couple years older.
What diet are you doing? I'm doing slimming works but my losses are fairly slow. I have lost 3 st 8 in a year but I have been messing bout with it at times. So im ready to kick start this up a gear! How are you getting on? X

hi

I also weighed 18.12 but been doing slimming world for the past 4weeks and lost 10lb, I would love to be your buddy to share recipes and encourage each other along x

I set myself a target of a hundred pounds by next June when i started in August. So a bit longer and a bit less than you (although i weigh a lot more)
A stone a month is quite high tho. You need to alternate 3lb and 4lb losses each and every week. You might manage it for the first month but don't get disheartened if you don't manage it.

6lb is a fantastic first week loss with a healthy eating diet. Most of the people who lose more are on food replacement or VLCDs

i started at 20 stone and i'm now at 13. I'm not sure losing that much in such a short time is healthy is it? You'll have to be very strict with what you eat and work out a hell of a lot. losing that amount of weight in such a short time could leave you with baggy skin. i've lost mine (7 stone) over about 18 months. Being on such a strict diet with the amount of exercise your going to have to do is probably just going to result in you being miserable i think. good luck though, however long it takes.

Back