8 stones to go... I'm in for the long haul.

Thanks Dinodana and BrokenMirror - I like the sound of weekly syns. I agree I'm not using many in the week anyways, mainly because I kicked the snack habit about a month ago and intend to save them for things you might want to add to meals (when I actually start doing this properly - lol). Also I'm lucky in so far as I've not got much of a sweet tooth; I am more of a savouries snacks type of gal and so I've purposely not bought any into the house.

Yesterday was a good day, kind of:-

Breakfast
2 x Healthy extra bar

Lunch
Mugshot sweet and sour (although now getting a bored with them and I've noticed the carbs are really high!)
More fruit

Dinner
Chicken with a sauce made of tinned toms, red & green peppers, spring onion and mushrooms (drop of tabasco, garlic and herbs) - now that was yummy.

Didn't get my HEA in - so that's no so good, should have had a milky drink for supper!

Today so far:-

Breakfast
2 x shredded wheat with Soya unsweetened almond milk (HEA and HEB)

Lunch
Caught up in meetings on and off so only managed a Mullerlight and some fruit

Dinner
Steamed salmon fillets, green beans and new potatoes

Later this evening I'll probably have a nice milky coffee with the rest of my HEA soya milk (lovely) - I know I'm not using up all the allowance at the mo on my brekkie.

Tomorrow evening is weigh-in time so I'm hoping for at least 2lbs off.

Week 2 Weigh-In = -3.5lbs

Well, that's better and to top it off I was awarded 'joint slimmer of the week' - woo hoo :) It's so motivating to get my first shiny sticker - even if its not a weight loss award. To be fair, I think the odds were stacked in my favour because there were only about 22 people who stayed (not sure if those who leave are awarded SoW) and it looks as if quite a few have been doing this for a good wee while, so they are pretty much stable at 1lb - 2lb weekly losses.

Anyway - home now and I've just had a lovely omelette with ham, spring onion and sweetcorn. I'm off work for about 1 1/2 weeks now, so I'm going to be extra careful to make sure I stick to the plan. I guess it should be easier at home in so far as I have more choices for breakfast and lunch, as well as time to prepare evening meals. I bought one of the menu books to try my hand a something different and 'free'.

It would be awesome if I could match it next week and get my first 1/2 stone award - but as the saying goes 'best not count my chickens before they hatch'

I don't know if you can say the odds were stacked in your favour Suseka, some people have big losses the whole way! You earned that joint SOTW :) Glad you had a better loss this week and good luck for the week ahead.

Congratulations! Your hard work is paying off :) so pleased for you. Must admit I get frustrated when having fantastic losses and there's someone losing 8lb two weeks straight haha but I'm always super happy for them too as you can tell they've worked hard for it.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks all - very kind words and I am thrilled with my first shiny sticker and looking forward to the first 1/2 stone one.

Thursday's food was pretty much the staple yogurt with fruit for breakfast, mugshots (I know, boring) for lunch with more fruit and just has a quick omelette with mixed veg when I got home after weigh-in. So onto Friday -

Breakfast
2 x shredded wheat (HEA)
Soya almond milk (HEB) - really loving this stuff

Lunch
Boiled egg and salad
Tbsp light mayo (2 syns)
Fruit and yogurt

Lunch
Grilled chicken breast
Green beans and mixed veg
New potatoes
Gravy (4 syns)

Used the rest of my HEA allowance of almond soya in coffee throughout the day; saw someone on one of the youtube SW'ers that I watch try a new coffee
(Littles, I think) that was chocolate and caramel, so going to have a lookout for that when i shop this weekend. I need to sit with a notebook and write down some of the things I see people eat and also write on foodstuffs with a marker pen so I know at a glance whether something is free or has x number of syns (particularly if it's a tinned or packet foodie thing). I also need to vary my food choices -and I really want to try those 'oat' type muffins I've seen people make as well as the egg muffins, both perfect for lunches or breakfast at work.

You're doing amazing! Well done on your first shiney! I'm back 100% committed to the plan again, though I'm doing it from home this time. Can I ask which you tubers you find particularly good as that's a really good idea?

Thanks Jean88. I have a few that I subscribe to but there are three I watch the most:-
Lisa Snow SW, Katy Jayne SW and Weigh In Time.

Lisa and Katy often put up 'what I eat in a day' videos which I find really helpful. Patrick (WIT) has lost an incredible amount of weight and he's really funny to watch. Has a lot of really useful tips and videos food hauls from various shops - again very useful. But there are loads of channels to choose from if you just search on the word SW.

Last edited:
I haven't posted for a few days because.... well... I went totally off plan since the weekend :( so there's no point putting up food choices. See, this is me - I start with every (good) intention, I know this way of eating works - I watch lots of motivational videos, read diaries (again all very positive) but something in my head just gets in the way. I won't be going to group this week either because I'm travelling away for a long weekend to see family in the South West, so all I can do now is try and salvage the rest of the week, make sensible food choices (staying at a B&B) for the weekend and hope that when I get weighed next week I'll have lost a 1lb or two. Even a maintain will be something.

I'm just so fed up with myself - by then I'll have been on the plan for 4 weeks and won't even have made 1/2 stone.

So probably won't be posting until the next weigh-in and start again.

Please don't beat yourself up! It's completely normal to go off plan, I went off plan for 2 days this week myself, but that's normal. We are human and will slip up from time to time. All that matters is that you get up and dust yourself off from today. Just take it 1 day at a time and before you know it you'll be back in the swing of things!
Also, some people lose weight quicker than others, and it's frustrating but we will all get to our target in the end. Think if you lose just 0.5lb per week that's still roughly 2 stone in a year! And by losing it slowly you will be more likely to keep it off and less likely to get loose skin. This should what I tell myself because I'm a slow loser and have 6 stone to lose just to get a healthy bmi. Sometimes it feels I will never make it, but by slowly chipping away at the weight we will get to our targets and a healthy weight.
You're doing so well! :)

Don't beat yourself up, we all go off plan at times. Just dust yourself off and get back on it. Any loss is a good loss and sometimes we even have gains and it doesn't have to be the end of our journey. Just enjoy the ride and remember you are making better choices for yourself.

My view is it's a lifestyle change... and life sometimes involves little bumps and events that mean you're not going to be on plan all the time, as long as you can accept those times and get back on it then things will be okay

@Suseka it happens to us all but my biggest issue come from burying my head and then just going completely off plan and then coming back to it a year later with even more weight to lose. Just stick with it. Accept you will mess up at time, but a bad weekend or week or even month are not going to define your overall weight loss if you keep trying again.

I tried to private message you but it wouldn't let me, in doing so I noticed you're a fellow Norfolkian! I've been thinking about you today and know that in ups and downs you will always get 100% support here with zero judgements. X

Thanks to you all. I agree its best not too dwell and to focus on the future and that we all lose differently so I mustn't compare myself to others. I'm away with family at the moment and have tried to stay as SW friendly as I can - so we shall see what next weeks losses (or not) bring.

It's been lovely seeing family -but I have noticed a few raised eyebrows because I'm the largest they will have seen me; to their credit no-one has commented. To my credit though, I haven't let it stop me enjoying their company or joining in with the planned activities. I kept up with them as we walked around the town and visited a few scenic places and racked up over 14,000 step (phew).

Today is our last day - so intend to make the most of it. Taking granddaughter to a play cafe (soft ball and climbing frame thing) after breakfast and treating them all to a Sunday roast later in the afternoon. Back to reality tomorrow (long journey home, so little will be eaten), but back on plan 100% on Tuesday and determined to get that first 1/2stone under my belt.

Have a lovely Sunday to you all :)

Well I'm back home. Was a long and tedious journey home yesterday (6 hrs drive). I'm not the beat passenger in the world and suffer with travel sickness at times, so I don't eat when travelling (just makes it worse). Hubby then had to go off to a wake pretty much as soon as we arrived back, so when he came home afterwards (and with empty cupboards) we opted for a takeaway. I went for a lamb shish kebab with salad and ditched the pitta bread; I know that'll have to be sinned (not sure how much) but it was all I could choose from what is otherwise a choice of fried foods (chicken) or pizza.

Anyway, am not back to work until tomorrow -so today caught up with the washing and various other house related things. Breakfast was bacon, scrambled egg and grilled tomatoes. Lunch was a ham salad and for tea I'm planning on gammon, eggs, beans (for hubby) and mixed veg (for me) with SW chips - not much speed I know, but I don't have the car to get groceries in so having to work with what I have in the house for now. I realise I need to get my HEA and HEB in somehow -so might have some dairylea light triangles and ryvita later.

Am feeling quite low at the moment -not diet related though. I always struggle for a few days after returning home from my visits because I'm never quite sure how long it'll be until I see my family again :( but am trying to look forward - when I next see them, they should see a marked difference in my size.

Week 3 & 4 Weigh-In = 0 (maintain) total loss stands at - 3.5lbs

Well, no surprise there! Looking on the positive (otherwise I'll cry :() at least it wasn't a gain. I did indulge over the bank holiday weekend and again when I visited my family last weekend, so it's what I expected and only I'm to blame.

Looking forward - time to get serious now. There's 15 weeks left to Christmas and that has to be my focus now, I have no more 'events', no plans to go anyway or do anything that might put me off track (although I need to learn how to deal with such times, but I'm not there yet). So there are simply no excuses and my goal is to have lost 2 stone by then. On average that's just under 2lbs per week, which might be unrealistic but I need to try. If I achieve that I should be one, maybe two, dress sizes down (so in the 18s rather than 22s).

I know it might sound daft, but I'm going to draw a big red box around the last 4 wks worth of entries on my book (0, -3.5, 0, 0) and view yesterday's WI (18st 7lbs) as my starting weight. In hindsight maybe I should not have joined until last night, realising as I did, that I might not be able to stick with it for those weeks -but hey ho. Physiologically I think that'll help me put the past behind and look to the future. So to kick-start this I intend to do the EE SP version for this week, which is remarkably similar to the original (RED) days of the old Slimming World method -a way of eating that is familiar to me and let's see what that brings.

I don't think I'm going to post up what I eat each day, although I know it helps some folks -it doesn't really do that for me, but I will keep a journal. I will post up foodie stuffs if I try something new - such as the Oat Muffins (which I've yet to make), or any of the lovely recipes in the two SW books I've purchased. Tomorrow will be a food shop so that I can stock up the essentials and right now I'm sat with a nice cup of Douwe Egberts smooth caramel coffee, having already had my 2 x shredded week and soya almond milk. So far, so good....

How is it going Suseka? I'm looking for some inspiration to get me back on track!

Back