8 week blood sugar diet (and hopefully beyond) diet diary..

iva

So here I am, 40, and still overweight. I guess I've spend the majority of half of my life overweight.

At my heaviest I was 14st 4, currently around 12 st 10. I've done weight watchers, scottish slimmers, slimming world.... lighter life and cambridge. All with varying success at various times with different circumstances.

I have polycystic ovaries and insulin resistance and I'm at high risk of becoming diabetic, so I've decided to give the 8 week blood sugar diet a blast. I'm not quite ready to start yet I'm in the process of finishing reading the book so I know exactly what to do as well as organising what I need to have to get started.

I've also purchased a fitbit and I am going to attempt to become more active with steps. Due to my husbands shifts and my own work and kids several days go by often when I can't really get out to walk or anything but I'm intending on trying to maximise the days when he is home to try and get a better average of steps/week at least. I'll aim for the 10000/ day but there will be days I can only do half of that.

I looked here to see if there was a forum for this diet but couldn't find one so I decided just to pop in here and start a diary. If I have missed it I'm sure one of you lovely people will direct me accordingly :)

The basics of the diet for those who want to know is a low calorie 8 week diet (800 cals/day) low carb and mediterranean style. There are other options for those who can't go so low with calories, but as I've previously managed lighter life and cambridge on less than that I'm pretty sure I can do this. I'm going to try my best to treat the weeks like a job, 8 weeks isn't a huge lifetime commitment so I think I can motivate myself to complete the 8 weeks (I hope)

I know I won't be at my target weight after 8 weeks, so after that I will probably shift to one of the other versions they suggest a 5day 2 day option where you eat normally 5 days and 800 cals for two days, so I'm sure I could continue on that if it helped me lose more. We will see. For now I will focus on the 8 week plan once I'm ready to get started.

In the meantime I've been getting my fitbit all set up and I'm going to start wearing it straight away and try to be more active. I should be able to start the diet in the next week.

Thanks for having me :)

Back