810 & ketosis ?

bellefrogette

Silver Member
I'll know by sunday if this is the programe for me, but it looks like it will be , I have just spoken with a CDC who also feels its the right one since I am sure my body needs green vegetable juice first thing in the morning, but what does it do to ketosis?

Belle

I stayed in ketosis through out 810 but I know if you are carb sensitive it may throw you out of it unfortunately.

Just thought are you following a CD diet now? As I could not get into Ketosis on 810 but I could stay in it after a week of SS+ (if that makes sense?)

Hi jelly, I am not on CD now, but I will be I think by Sunday. I feel 810 is comfortable and with walking I might be able to get into ketosis- which is important because i do not like feeling hungry.

Belle

Last edited:
You can have 3tbsp of green and white vegetables on 810. I think that's going to be the smallest slurp of juice you've ever had.

;) Nah me, I am going to look at the calories and cab content in a cucumber, a fennel bulb and some celery sticks . I'd be suprised if in total a class of high water content green vegetables came to over 300 cals. My green juice upon waking is non negotiable if I want to do any form of exercise.

Ketosis is important but even if the juice takes me out or ketones are light, so long as I am sustaining weight loss and feel healthy I'll feel I am on the right track .:cool:

Belle

;) Nah me, I am going to look at the calories and cab content in a cucumber, a fennel bulb and some celery sticks . I'd be suprised if in total a class of high water content green vegetables came to over 300 cals. My green juice upon waking is non negotiable if I want to do any form of exercise.

Ketosis is important but even if the juice takes me out or ketones are light, so long as I am sustaining weight loss and feel healthy I'll feel I am on the right track .:cool:

Belle
Forgive my bluntness but I am a fairly direct person so I say this with good intentions.

When you get the yellow booklet, you'll see 810 is made up 3 packs, a big hunk of protein, some milk and a small alllowance of vegetables. If you are substituting carbs for protein, you are unlikely to be in ketosis which means you will feel hungry. You said below you didn't want to feel hungry. It is a VLCD that is designed with a certain protein% in mind and it's not going to be good for your body to be messing around that.

810 is only just over a VLCD and again, you could be harming your body and lose more muscle if you are thinking about doing a lot of cardio. You would be fine with some weights.

If you are so desperate to keep the juice and exercise, then you should consider a higher plan.

I'm a mad exercise fan and not being able to do much cardio was the hardest part of 810 for me. However it was only for three months and I regained my fitness very quickly.

This is directly from KD (a CDC) re exercise on a VLCD. I've just stolen it from another thread.

Cardiovascular work can be detrimental, but much depends; how hard, how much, how long, how used to doing it you are.

On so few calories, the body can break down lean tissue to provide energy which will reduce your metabolic rate (as well as not being a good thing to do from a health viewpoint).

There's also some rather complex hormonal changes that can come into play.

Basically, you don't have enough calories in to do a great amount.

Having said that, research points to resistance types of exercise being beneficial, helping to protect lean mass, so hit the weights.

I think most forms of swimming and walking are usually okay...just don't go mad. Anything in the way of cardio would need something more personalized set out by a PT who has experience of VLCDs. Not me, so I couldn't comment :D

But yes...it can have a detrimental effect on fat loss for a number of reason with so few calories going in.

Forgive my bluntness but I am a fairly direct person so I say this with good intentions.

When you get the yellow booklet, you'll see 810 is made up 3 packs, a big hunk of protein, some milk and a small alllowance of vegetables. If you are substituting carbs for protein, you are unlikely to be in ketosis which means you will feel hungry. You said below you didn't want to feel hungry. It is a VLCD that is designed with a certain protein% in mind and it's not going to be good for your body to be messing around that.

810 is only just over a VLCD and again, you could be harming your body and lose more muscle if you are thinking about doing a lot of cardio. You would be fine with some weights.

If you are so desperate to keep the juice and exercise, then you should consider a higher plan.

I'm a mad exercise fan and not being able to do much cardio was the hardest part of 810 for me. However it was only for three months and I regained my fitness very quickly.

Oh I don't mind bluntness, its a persons nature and how they express, its makes little difference, i always accept the responsibility to make the right choice is mine.

But I have no intention of considering a higher plan, its going to be 810 calories or there abouts and I have every intention of having my juice- but its hardly 'desperation'.

some times one just has to trust the bodies instincts on these things. Not sure how many carbs there are in the good old cucumber fennel and celery juice mix, but I suspect its less than a CD caramel bar.

I like walking and I enjoy some weight work, regularly. It does not have to be intense .I like being active even now.And I look forward to being more so.

Belle.

Oh I don't mind bluntness, its a persons nature and how they express, its makes little difference, i always accept the responsibility to make the right choice is mine.

But I have no intention of considering a higher plan, its going to be 810 calories or there abouts and I have every intention of having my juice- but its hardly 'desperation'.

some times one just has to trust the bodies instincts on these things. Not sure how many carbs there are in the good old cucumber fennel and celery juice mix, but I suspect its less than a CD caramel bar.

I like walking and I enjoy some weight work, regularly. It does not have to be intense .I like being active even now.And I look forward to being more so.

Belle.
Sorry I meant desperate as in you really really wanted to have your juice - nothing else.

Is your plan to replace a bar for your drink then? The packs do contain a lot of vitamins and minerals and other things to help our bodies stay healthy.

I hope your plan works for you. But if it doesn't work, please think about the following:

810 when followed by the rules works. I can promise you that. I was overweight for years trying to come up with my own plan and never kept the weight off and more importantly I hated following rules.

In fact, the first time I moved up to 1000 I totally lost the plot because I was quite sure I knew best, I relapsed and regained all my weight. The second time around I conceeded that maybe it was okay just to try a plan that was made by others for two weeks. I tried it, it worked. I didn't relapse and I learnt a valuable lesson.

All the best with your program.

Sorry I meant desperate as in you really really wanted to have your juice - nothing else.

Is your plan to replace a bar for your drink then? The packs do contain a lot of vitamins and minerals and other things to help our bodies stay healthy.

I hope your plan works for you. But if it doesn't work, please think about the following:

810 when followed by the rules works. I can promise you that. I was overweight for years trying to come up with my own plan and never kept the weight off and more importantly I hated following rules.

In fact, the first time I moved up to 1000 I totally lost the plot because I was quite sure I knew best, I relapsed and regained all my weight. The second time around I conceeded that maybe it was okay just to try a plan that was made by others for two weeks. I tried it, it worked. I didn't relapse and I learnt a valuable lesson.

All the best with your program.

Thanks Laura. I did take account of what you were saying. I feel listening to the stories of others saves time and mistakes and that is what I took from what you wrote, no more.

I actually welcome the blunt and those with strong opinions, because one knows where they stand on matters.

Like wise it's helpful to me because if I crumble or start doubting myself on something like early morning vegetable juice as being essential to me,( if I am going to do any form of exercise, no matter how gentle ) then its for me to look at me and maybe ask why I am being swayed by another.

I blamed so many for so long, over things which were my responsibility - like thinking for myself - so if anyone takes the time to respond, My view point is mucho :thankyou:. Besides, I start off by assuming folk wish to be helpful.

Belle

Last edited:
Hi Bellefrogette,
Just my experience, but 810 works great for me. I get in ketosis quickly and stay in ketosis. In fact I also exercise (carbs and weights) 4/5 times a week and the only reason I can do this is because of the protein and carbs on 810. I am trying to make sure I have my 3 packs though although I often feel I don't need it. I am into my second week now and lost 8ibs in my first WI so something is obviously happening! Best of luck!

Hi Bellefrogette,
Just my experience, but 810 works great for me. I get in ketosis quickly and stay in ketosis. In fact I also exercise (carbs and weights) 4/5 times a week and the only reason I can do this is because of the protein and carbs on 810. I am trying to make sure I have my 3 packs though although I often feel I don't need it. I am into my second week now and lost 8ibs in my first WI so something is obviously happening! Best of luck!

Hi there Amina,

Thanks ,I was hoping someone who does some form of regular exercise would post a comment on how they are finding 810.

I think on S/S even being very sedate one would be in ketosis, but on 810 and some form of weights and walking 3-5 days a week I expect ketosis to be consistent and I love the slow burn of weight training . I don't do alot of exertion with weight though, its slow and steady and nothing fancy ( plus ignore all the beautiful people around me doing whizzy stuff with the weights),

I don't do treadmill in the gym though, that is too hectic..I like walking in the early morning and listening to a book on my ipod.

Belle

Yay Laura, Thanks! These are exactly the kind of articles I like to read.

I am begining to think that on 810 though one has to be more careful , if one is active , it evens out .

Belle

Back