:'(

JustForMe

Gold Member
this afternoon has to be the WORST afternoon ever!

iv just found out my mums got cancer and gutted is not the word.

plus i have really binged i have ate a tonne of chocolate, a pizza and im working my way through quite a bit of booze

thats all my hard work out the window

im sooo upset:(

Oh honey, I'm so so sorry about the news about your mum :hug99: :hug99: It's not all your hard work out of the window, but you need to put the booze down and stop now. It's going to be a difficult time and you need to decide whether you're going to be able to stick to your plan during all of this

i know i shouldnt ruin my hard work i just dont know what to do...shes the only real family i really have.:(

Oh hunny, I'm so sorry to hear this :hug99: Have they said whether it's treatable? So often is these days.

i don't know yet ...i only found out a few hours ago i haven't really asked

its not sunk in yet

So sorry to hear about your mum. You will be in a state of shock but eating and drinking will not help in the long run. Be there for your mum and support each other. And keep going with the diet as best as you can.

Irene xx

i dont think at the moment im strong enough to give her the support she needs

i just cant take things it at this moment in time

Just tell her that you love her, and that you will be there for her. The rest you can work out as you go :hug99:

When a similar thing happened to my mam she was the one who was strong and I was so upset so she ended up supporting me not the other way round. Be strong.

Irene xx

the thing i cant get out of my head is the look in her eyes when she told me...

i have never seen someone so terrified

how though...
i mean what do i say or do

do i just hug her and tell her i love her im just so confused and hurt

i know she is too im so scared that im going to lose her

Just give her a hug sweetheart. At the moment, that's all you can do. Once you know more, there will be other ways to support her.

i know i cant do anything and your right i dont know the full situation yet

just please let her be okay

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your mum Kels. xx

how though...
i mean what do i say or do

do i just hug her and tell her i love her im just so confused and hurt

i know she is too im so scared that im going to lose her

Sweetheart, just hold her and let her hold you. No words are needed if you don't want to. The physical contact will say a thousand words between you. Believe me, there's no right or wrong way to react to news like this. :hug99:

Like everyone else has already said, after the shock has sunk in and you know more details, things may look very different and many forms of cancer are treatable nowadays.

I do understand some of how you are feeling. My own Mum is in remission from cancer and has been for 7 years now. My Dad is receiving treatment for prostrate cancer at the moment. I'm sharing this with you in the hope that you don't feel totally alone about this.:)

I understand why you would turn to alcohol tonight-absolutely. I would just say, becareful hun. Your mind set and mood are very low right now and although the drink may feel it is numbing things for a while, the hangover and feelings that go with that tommorow will not help you at all.

If you don't usually drink, try to care here hun and at least have a soft drink inbetween and I would say go to bed as soon as you feel you can.

Please come back and let us all know how you and your Mum are so that we can support you through this for your own weightloss journey and for you and your Mum.

Positive prayers and lots of love to you both,

Lacey..xxx :)

thanks everyone. iv put the booze away and im working my way through some water now

its nice to know i have all your support i hope you don't mind but im really going to need it.

thanks everyone. iv put the booze away and im working my way through some water now

its nice to know i have all your support i hope you don't mind but im really going to need it.

Well done for putting the booze down hun. A lot of us would have struggled to do that in these circumstances.

You have all the support you need so post about this as much as you feel it helps..xxxx

So sorry to hear your news Kels. Keep positive for both of you, it's no use dwelling on what might be. You need all your strength at the moment so the booze isn't the answer. You know you can always come on here for love & support when you need to, it's much more than just a weight loss forum:hug99:

Back