8lbs in 6 weeks

aline2109

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 18 and I've been slightly overweight (UK size 16) for a couple of years now, but after a couple of months of illness, I've lost a lot of weight and I'm now a 12 :)
I'm really desperate not to put any of the weight back on and to get down to a 10 within a couple of months. My goal for the time being is to lose 8lbs in the remaining six weeks until I start university. My plan is to cut out as must processed/junk food as I can (while still allowing myself the occasional treat :)) and get in a walk every day and eventually some more strenuous exercise when I'm fully recovered. I'm going to eat 3 small portioned meals a day and two snacks (morning and afternoon) and avoid sugary drinks.
I've tried to lose weight before and lost motivation after a bit, but I'm gonna keep a food diary here and try to acknowledge when and why I have the urge to overeat.
My long term goal is to lose maybe 20lbs and get into the habit of exersizing a couple of times a week, but in the short term, I really want to start uni in better shape in six weeks ! :D

Last edited:
Wednesday 7th August

Breakfast : porridge with semi-skimmed milk.
Snack : banana.
Lunch : bean soup.
Snack : banana and greek yogurt.
Dinner : Beef and vegetables.

Good first day, didn't feel hungry and got in two 30 minute walks :)

Thursday 8th August

Lunch : vegetable soup.
Dinner : pork and egg fried rice with peas.

Exercise : 1hr low impact class.

Was easier than day one, but I still felt bored and like I needed to eat to pass the time in the afternoon :(

Hiya Aline, I'm sorry to hear you've not been well recently. You've got a really positive attitude when it comes to weight loss and exercise. By making these changes that you can stick to for life, it should put you in good stead for maintaining your weight loss. Make sure you ease yourself back into the exercise after your illness. I had a baby by C-section in March and just gradually built up to walking for an hour every day and have only in the last few weeks started back doing strenuous exercise. Even now I still sometimes feel like I've been over doing it!

Friday 9th August

Breakfast : porridge with skimmed milk.
Snack : apple.
Lunch : tomato soup.
Dinner : chicken and vegetable stir fry.

Saturday 10th August

Lunch : chicken, bulgur wheat and bean salad.
Snack : banana, 1 row of galaxy.
Dinner : slice of pizza and assorted party food.
Dessert : small slice of chocolate torte and cream.

Friends birthday, although I didn't eat very well, the portion sizes were small, and I'm quite proud of myself for being able to indulge a little without it turning into a full blown binge :)

Sunday 11th August

Lunch : chicken and noodle salad.
Dinner : chicken and vegetables.

Exercise : about 2hrs of slow walking.

Good day, recovered from Saturday well :)

Monday 12th August

Lunch : brie and bacon panini.
Chocolate frappé.
Dinner : pasta with sausages and vegetables.

Exercise : a fair amount of walking.

Okay apart from the frappé, but I didn't have any snacks so it probably balances out.

Goals for Tuesday : snack on fruit between meals to stop myself getting too hungry, eat a more balanced lunch.

Tuesday 13th August

Lunch : prawn, noodle and vegetable salad.
Snack : greek yogurt.
Dinner : starter- sweetcorn soup with prawn crackers, main - sweet and sour chicken and rice.

Goals from Monday met, another good day :)

Wednesday 14th August

Lunch : Meatball soup.
Snack : falafel.
Dinner : chicken tagine and cous cous.

Exercise : half hour walk.

Thursday 15th August

Breakfast : muesli with semi-skimmed milk.
Lunch : meatball soup.
Dessert : banana and custard.
Snack : falafel.
Glass of grapefruit juice.
Dinner : beans on toast.
Mueller corner.
Two beers.

Exercise : 1hr exercise class.

Not a very good day today, but I got my A level results so I celebrated a bit. Still got in some exercise though :)

Back