8st to lose and still be overweight

hi caretaker im so happy your enjoying going i cannot wait till you go and see your dr again you will have the last laugh xxxxxx

I woke up today feeling huge :( and was almost certain that I looked and felt like a balloon :( I trudged through my day getting bigger and bigger IMO I kept calm through the day and I was just waiting for the bad news.
i went to the group and joined the queue nervously shuffling step by step to the desk I handed my card over and knew that he was going to say 5 weeks left, he then pointed in the general direction of the line leading to the scales, and almost certain embarrassment and ignominy step by step I moved over toward the scales, undoing my shoelaces and taking my jacket off one by one the others in front of me either sighed of laughed which one would it be for me? 3 people 2 people Me, her hand was extended searching for my card I gave it over " hop on" she said, first the left foot then the other I won't look down I can't look down! She then looked at me and said "wow, your flying aren't you" what? "Your having a great weightloss journey" how do you mean she gesticulated so I glanced downward and saw the figures on the scales reading 18st 2.5lbs a loss of 3lbs I was astonished, all the nerves and the feelings of being bloated were all in the mind so that's 25lbs off in 6 weeks which I am so pleased with Thanks SW

Last edited:
LOL Caretaker - what a lovely post to read this morning, and how perfectly you describe those awful WI moments.

You must be feeling euphoric now - 3lbs is sensational! :D

caretaker ohh thats so lovely to read and im so pleased for you i really am hat of to you and two fingers for your dr and add a third for him to swivel on

Hi Caretaker,

I found this thread today & it's made me smile & cry reading your story so far.
I too had a horrible experience with a doctor who I saw after a spell in hospital so totally sympathise.
Your post about WI day feelings was brilliant lol! Know that feeling so well.

I started SW 7 weeks ago after years of yoyo dieting and I'm loving it! Still need to lose 6.5 stone to get to my "happy weight" then I'll see if I want to lose a bit more!! The forums here are a fabulous lifeline too, keep me motivated and informed every step of the way :)

Will be following your journey, good luck & keep posting :) x

Well it's that time of week ;) a tad but only a tad mind, disappointed I did a boat load of exercising this week and was 100% and had my least successful week if you can call it that. I now need 1lb more off and I'll have my 2st & my 10% weight loss :) so now I have something really special to work towards :) Onwards And Downwards ;)

A loss is a loss!

Could be if you've upped your exercise that you're holding in to a bit of extra water while your muscles repair themselves? Expecting the same myself this week. Keep drinking lots of water & no doubt it'll show in a bigger loss in the next couple of weeks :) xx

A loss is a loss!

Could be if you've upped your exercise that you're holding in to a bit of extra water while your muscles repair themselves? Expecting the same myself this week. Keep drinking lots of water & no doubt it'll show in a bigger loss in the next couple of weeks :) xx

An excellent and positive reply, thank you, I'm drinking water as we speak :)

hi caretaker your going to do it im sending you all our positive thoughts :) lol send them back when you done though lololol

You can be sure that mate they will be winging their way any time now :)

Just a bit of fun but this is something I love to eat.
[YOUTUBE]TgbeJHJ51i4[/YOUTUBE]

Love the vid!
That's one of my fave snacks/breakfasts too!

Cut up apple and any other fruit mixed into a muller light. My all time favourite is berries (I buy tons of frozen ones!) mixed into yog for brekkie with apple added for crunch :) Or for a pud I don't bother taking berries out to defrost but mix them still frozen again into yogurt for a delicious ice cream type pudding, lovely and thick & creamy x

hi caretaker
thanks for the vid loved it going to buy one of them gadgets going on amazon and ebay now xx

Me too - love a gadget, me! Of course I could use a knife, but Caretaker your apple corer looks much more fun :D
They are great little gizmo's you will be eating so many apple because you've cut them up......... I bet you. :)

hi caretaker

gadget bought off ebay nice blue one thanks again

Back