9 1/2 litres!!

I drink on average 6-7ltrs of water a day without thinking about it ... don't see that it's a problem if it is spaced out over the day.

Just a snippet taken from a Chemistry web site:

"The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time."

Should I drink a little more as I am exercising for an hour a day? x x

Should I drink a little more as I am exercising for an hour a day? x x

Depends on how much exercising, intensity etc. But our bodies are incredibly good at telling us when they need water.

It is important to drink 2.25L plus some more for tetras, bars (about 1/2pt for each), and if you are exercising, but if you are thirsty enough to need that much, it might be worth checking out with the doctor. It is rather a lot!

"The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time."

Possibly, but it does depend on the person and also, okay...you may not die, but you could get other side effects (unnecessary dilution of vits/minerals/essential salts etc

I know some people believe the more they drink the more they shrink but it is a myth...well, unless you have a lot of water retention, then a little extra water could help.

Possibly, but it does depend on the person and also, okay...you may not die, but you could get other side effects (unnecessary dilution of vits/minerals/essential salts etc

I know some people believe the more they drink the more they shrink but it is a myth...well, unless you have a lot of water retention, then a little extra water could help.

I agree with this post, it also depends on your mineral salt level. I have a natural defficiency in salts/minerals (not the same as table salt!), and i would never have known had I not been tested for it. Thats how i come to know about the water thing, unless you are absolutely sure your water intake/salt mineral ratio are correct its just not worth the risk! Everyone remembers that poor lass leah becks? That is another case of too much water (in her case thirst was a side effect of drugs). It wont make you slimmer, but the side effects could be so much worse than being over weight. take care xxx

Back