9 stone to loose and feela impossible

Hi everyone, i've got 9 stone to loose and that will only get me to 13 stone but I've been there before and it feels like a good weight for me. It feels really impossible at the moment, I lost 6 stone on lighter life about 2 years ago. But fell pregnant straight away and put it all back on plus more. I've tried ww, sw and Cambridge since having my son but just can't seem to get my head in the right place, and it's really bringing me down. I could really do with some advise and support to get me going.
Thanks Sarah

Tell me about it, I spend so much of my time worrying about my weight, what I look like, what people think of me, that it takes over so much. I've got two small children and I need to do it for them as much as myself, I really feel it in my body at the moment and I'm definitely not the active mum I want to be. Clothes are also a nightmare, my choice is sooooo limited I'm living in the same stuff all the time

Do you have pictures from when you where 13stone?

I would use that as motivation, I dont think I have been 13stone since I was 15 years old.

I've spent all my 20's being 20+ so have no idea what I would look like at that weight.

The thing that got me motivated was the realisation that I wasnt strange or abnormal, I realised a lot of thin people pay attention to what they eat, make a point of excercising even if its just a walk at lunch. These little things I never thought about or bothered with, and it suddenly clicked.

Its not a diet thats needed, its a change in the way I was living, small changes will have a long term impact, big changes will have a short term one.

Couple of months in and I look forward to getting on the treadmill, my wife used to drag me to the gym on sunday she was still in bed when I went, and I love eating salads at lunch, I actually started to enjoy cooking, and my house has never been so clean :D.

So, here is my advice.

Set small goals, half stone and under could be going from 1 stone mark to another, going down a bmi, whatever, make them so you realistically can hit one every 2-3weeks, if your weight loss is slow it helps.

Also think of how much you have lost, rather than how much you have left to lose. This one takes a while to start helping when I hit 20lbs lost, it starting to sound like a huge number and far more motivating than "only 110lbs left to lose".

Walk, just 20-30mins a day every day, and add onto that other excercise's later, even when the scales arent moving much, you can feel your body changing, my fitness has gone through the roof, far quicker than I would have expected.

Book alert, better shut up now :eek:. Good Luck.

Thanks for everyone's advise. I'm away for a long weekend next week but I'm gonna decide which diet is bet for me and start when I'm back

Hi and welcome!!

As you can see from my stats I also have a lot to lose. I have cut mine down into chunks and made mini weight loss goals, it seems so much less daunting than thinking I have another 10 stone or so to lose.

Nearly 5 stone gone so far, "only" another 6-7 to go (at the moment!!)

You will get loads of support on here, there are some great people on here, so dont be shy!!

xx

That's great, I can't wait for the feeling of loosing a large amount. I'm using the iPhone app and for some reason it's not showing signatures or stats. What program are you using?

I'm using the android app so same problem here, can't see stats, signatures etc.

Best to log in online for that.

For me personally the best way was watching what I ate and calorie counting. A few years ago I lost 5 stone and I did it that way with some exercise included. I put it all back and more on because not only did I stop but I went through some tough times mentally and overate to make up for it. Before the weight loss I tried all the meal replacement stuff etc but to me it did not feel like a lifetime change. If your eating generally less and you reach your target its something you can sustain. Sure you can maybe be more naughty occasionally but it is something you can keep up. I feel these other ones simply are not something you can do for life (well I cant anyway, maybe others are stronger than I am). So if like me you find other ways are not sustainable and you have 9 stone to lose (I have 10) then try a lifestyle change that can be maintained?
I never did slimming world though and I have heard really good things about it so probably a good one.

And I am with you about friends not only are my friends slimmer but my siblings are too as they are all half siblings. Anyone from the other side of the family is fatter but I hardly see them (there is not that many of them either) so I totally get where you are coming from. It is so daunting when you have a bigger weight loss. I thought I was like the only one in the world who had this much to lose (apart from the occasional "fat" tv programme) so coming here has helped me realise I am not alone and motivated me. Good luck :)

I am so with you about the seatbelts. Ever since I put the weight back on, I have not been able to fly. I have no idea what weight I will need to be for them to fit me. I wish there was a seatbelt I could buy or a number of inches so I could know based off that.

If its 35 inches I am screwed! If its below 40 I am going have problems. Above that is ok but I guess different planes, different rules. Grr but thanks for the info. I wont fly till I have a waist of 35. I am so shy anyway I would get flustered if it did not fit.

Last edited:
Well done that's great, once you start to loose it dies help to keep you motivated. Struggling to get on any sort of diet at the moment, i'm going away for the weekend and I want to start when I come back but I just need to decide what to do

Back