9 stone to lose ....

BigVal

So - I have to lose the equivalent of a small woman. Or a very small woman wearing a heavy rucksack.
Unfortunately, amputating my lower limbs in order to achieve a respectable number on the scales is not an option. So I have to do it the long, slow way. That's fair enough, I guess - after all I didn't turn into this huge chunky monkey overnight, did I?
I can't say I was always overweight - I was pretty sporty and fit as a teen. I think it all went downhill at Uni - I started downing 6 pints of lager of an evening, and took up smoking, and eating kebabs as I staggered home after the pub. Then the career started - working in an office, sitting on my ever spreading backside all day - having lots of pub lunches ("Yes I'll have chips with mine please") followed by an Olympic shotputter-sized portion of whatever I made for tea, followed by a bottle of white wine..... The hours at work got longer, the stress levels increased, the time to shop and cook decreased - hence the local Indian Takeaway got to the stage they knew our household's favourite order by heart and started giving us freebies to thank us for our loyal custom!
Twenty years passed .... (WTF?!?!) and I am no longer the slim tall blonde girl. I am now the Amazonian with high blood pressure, a triple chin and a stomach ravaged by years of overeating, as well as carting around an 11lb baby. (Yes, really.)
I'm 5ft 10 and a half - and 21st 12. My husband is 5ft 11 and a very trim 13 st. He is very supportive of my new plan to lose weight. He probably imagines there will be more sex if I do. :D
So why do I want to lose weight? So many reasons.
I am sick of:
-My fat thighs rubbing together.
-Having to buy industrial sized bras on the internet (42J, anyone?)
-Only being able to shop at plus sized shops , particularly the famous one beginning with E .. yuk yuk yuk nasty.
-Having to ask for a seatbelt extender on flights (why are they always freakin' ORANGE!)
-Being puffed out after the slightest exertion
-Dreading social occasions
-Doing the Walk Of Shame into the sea or to the pool on holiday, trying in vain to suck in my stomach as other women peer at me through their sunglasses, thinking "Jeez, at least I don't look as bad as HER!"
-Worrying about my health
-Wanting to punch skinny women who whine on about wanting to lose half a stone in the face.

That will do for the moment.
So anyway. Here goes. Wish me luck.
Val

Your post literally made me lol! Not because I find your situation funny, as I'm in a very similar boat, but because I relate to pretty much everything you said! :)

Welcome anyway! I'm new here too and it's a great place with lots of support! I'm in it for the long haul too. Good luck, we can do it! Xx

Hiya! Same as Madferitchick, I had to smile at your post - your story is so familiar! :D Ok, I'm only 5'8", but I started at 21.5 stone after 30 years of pratting around, so worse than you in BMI terms. And my baby was only 7lbs - ouchie at the 11lbs!! My problems are all around food rather than the demon drink, and I'm queen of the ready meal rather than the takeaway (they're cheaper!!), but I can empathise so much with what you say. :)

If it helps at all, I've shed 9 stone in the last two years, so it can certainly be done. I'm hoping to get another stone off, but being most of the way there is certainly a good feeling, and to throw in an over-used, but very true, cliche, if I can do it, anyone can! All the best. :) xx

Hahaha I'm 21 stone too, 5 ft 10 also have a 5 ft 11 husband, an 8kg little boy (i think that's around 17 pounds) and 9 stone to lose. I have most of my weight on my hips and tummy, pants size 24 Evans, cld stretch a 22 wide long length. Bust still 42 dd, thankfully, used to be a 36c :( . I also think of my excess weight in terms of the skinny ***** trying to break out from me, face it, 54 kg (9stone) is someone out there's weight !

So I started Cambridge on Monday and also look forward to the pounds coming off slowly, but surely.

We can do this!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

hi val

i loved reading your post it made me chuckle like the others said it sounded like me
good luck on your journey x x

Hiya val. Yup, made me chuckle too, again, only because it could have been me writing it. You have definitely come to the right place :). .as much support as you need is right here waiting for you. Have a good weekend. Cath x

Hi Val, good luck on your journey. I think a lot of us out there feel the same as you but haven't actually said it out loud! Good on you! Can't wait to follow your journey :)

Back